Common Courtesy not so common?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: Common Courtesy not so common?
(05-03-2013 06:25 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "I try not to expect any kind of thank you anyway bbeljefe. No point in worrying about that. *shrug*"

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? There's a sexy kitty in your avatar that got me all flustered...
Well we cant have that! Photo change. Lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2013, 06:45 PM
(05-03-2013 06:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 06:25 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "I try not to expect any kind of thank you anyway bbeljefe. No point in worrying about that. *shrug*"

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? There's a sexy kitty in your avatar that got me all flustered...
Well we cant have that! Photo change. Lol
If you insist on changing.... can we at least watch?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
05-03-2013, 06:46 PM
(05-03-2013 06:45 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 06:32 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Well we cant have that! Photo change. Lol
If you insist on changing.... can we at least watch?
.....you drunk? Consider
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-03-2013, 07:28 PM
I believe if bbeljefe doesn't rein it in a little, he may have to have some serious attendance in the naughty chair! Sleepy

Common courtesy is about as common as common sense!!! Undecided

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Damn, how quickly thread get derailed around here. Tongue

I try to always be of help weather I'm at work or at the store. Friend or stranger. Because I never know when I'm gonna be the one that needs the help.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
05-03-2013, 07:50 PM
(05-03-2013 06:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 06:45 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  If you insist on changing.... can we at least watch?
.....you drunk? Consider
No, but I am naked. Banana_zorro

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
05-03-2013, 07:51 PM
(05-03-2013 07:28 PM)aurora Wrote:  I believe if bbeljefe doesn't rein it in a little, he may have to have some serious attendance in the naughty chair! Sleepy
Just tell me how far I have to go to be put in there... and I'll go an extra mile. Big Grin

05-03-2013, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 07:57 PM by Peanut.)
I was just talking about something like this with a few guys from work. It was after I held the door open for one of them. He gave me a strange look. Dodgy

"I'm just holding the door for you, dude!"

"...Thanks..."

"UGH! You know, this one time on campus, I held the door for some big buy who was walking through right behind me. He almost REFUSED to "accept" that I hold the door for him?! It was like this back and forth battle of who was going to hold the door for whom. What IS that? 'I'm just being nice and it's cold AND why NOT?' The guy responded, 'But I'm a guy.' I continued to stare and then stated, 'You're welcome...' Is it really that big a deal that a girl hold the door for a guy?"

My fellow coworkers just hunched their shoulders.

I'm always going on about this: Why a girl can allow a guy to go in the door first if she was there first anyway. It makes no sense to me that a man would feel awkward about this gesture Drinking Beverage

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 2 users Like Peanut's post
05-03-2013, 07:56 PM
(05-03-2013 07:51 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 07:28 PM)aurora Wrote:  I believe if bbeljefe doesn't rein it in a little, he may have to have some serious attendance in the naughty chair! Sleepy
Just tell me how far I have to go to be put in there... and I'll go an extra mile. Big Grin
Let me just say that you're on the right track! Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
05-03-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 08:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-03-2013 07:54 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I was just talking about something like this with a few guys from work. It was after I held the door open for one of them. He gave me a strange look. Dodgy

"I'm just holding the door for you, dude!"

"...Thanks..."

"UGH! You know, this one time on campus, I held the door for some big buy who was walking through right behind me. I almost REFUSED to "accept" that I hold the door for him?! It was like this back and forth battle of who was going to hold the door for whom. What IS that? 'I'm just being nice and it's cold AND why NOT?' The guy responded, 'But I'm a guy.' I continued to stare and then stated, 'You're welcome...' Is it really that big a deal that a girl hold the door for a guy?"

My fellow coworkers just hunched their shoulders.

I'm always going on about this: Why a girl can allow a guy to go in the door first if she was there first anyway. It makes no sense to me that a man would feel awkward about this gesture Drinking Beverage

If I see a reflection or otherwise sense anyone behind me I always open the door, get out of the way and hold it for them and anyone behind them, regardless of gender. It's just common courtesy. Haven't seen many women do the same, but they do regularly hold open the door for me to keep it from ungraciously closing in my face after entering first. Think it might be a little culturally awkward if they actually opened it, got out of the way and let me enter first. I'd appreciate it and say "Thankyou very much." but see how it could be awkward. Kinda like me and the Asian guy I work with when we're trying to get off the elevator on the same floor. "After you, Bob." "No after you, Sam." "No no, please after you, Bob." And then the goddam elevator door closes.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post