Commonly Used Debate Arguments for Dummies

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4 Average
12-02-2013, 02:06 PM
RE: Commonly Used Debate Arguments for Dummies
(12-02-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My source is God. I spoke with Him this morning, and He told me to tell you that He is awaits your discussion with Him and is available to you specifically this afternoon.
Please recall my words, "If I tell you where to get the evidence for yourself, specifically the PRECISE evidence you're asking about that is OVERWHELMING evidence that "proves" the truth, will you do it?"
I'm glad that you're not taking my word that I have evidence, as you can get directly with my source to confirm. My source is God, He exists, and I both spoke with Him and heard from Him this morning.
Thanks!
So no actual evidence then. Great. Can't say I expected anything else.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I see. You are going back on your word? My question was, "If I tell you where to get the evidence for yourself..." and I NEVER pledged to provide the evidence for you.
12-02-2013, 06:23 PM
(12-02-2013 03:27 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I see. You are going back on your word? My question was, "If I tell you where to get the evidence for yourself..." and I NEVER pledged to provide the evidence for you.
No, I said if you could provide sources for your information.

God is not a valid source, since talking to God is far more likely to be a symptom of mental health issues than an actual experience.
[+] 1 user Likes hedgehog648's post
12-02-2013, 07:12 PM
(12-02-2013 01:55 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  My source is God. I spoke with Him this morning, and He told me to tell you that He is awaits your discussion with Him and is available to you specifically this afternoon.
Please recall my words, "If I tell you where to get the evidence for yourself, specifically the PRECISE evidence you're asking about that is OVERWHELMING evidence that "proves" the truth, will you do it?"
I'm glad that you're not taking my word that I have evidence, as you can get directly with my source to confirm. My source is God, He exists, and I both spoke with Him and heard from Him this morning.
Thanks!

And there it is, PJ's only "evidence". A delusional conversation. And now he wants hedgehog648 to talk to his (PJ's) voices for confirmation. Unbelievable in every sense of the word. You're welcome.

Throughout history conversions happen at the point of a sword, deconversions at the point of a pen - FC

I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's. - Mark Twain in Eruption
13-02-2013, 12:43 AM
I really did talk to him this morning.....

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
13-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:No, I said if you could provide sources for your information.
And then you added the word "valid". Cop out. God said the ether is able to transmit issues of the will and convert them to reverbations that will bring about self-fulfilling prophecies until you... never mind.
What you are is a liar. Reread my original post and you'll see I told you I would tell you EXACTLY where to get the evidence. Jesus said "Ask... God... and you shall receive."
You just don't want to ask. I'm so surprised!
13-02-2013, 07:52 AM
(13-02-2013 07:40 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:No, I said if you could provide sources for your information.
And then you added the word "valid". Cop out. God said the ether is able to transmit issues of the will and convert them to reverbations that will bring about self-fulfilling prophecies until you... never mind.
What you are is a liar. Reread my original post and you'll see I told you I would tell you EXACTLY where to get the evidence. Jesus said "Ask... God... and you shall receive."
You just don't want to ask. I'm so surprised!
Since God is not a valid source, he is not a source at all. The only person being dishonest here is you.

If you want to cite God as a source, you must first prove he exists, and that he cannot lie.

Because even if God did talk to me, and I believed it was him and not a delusion of my own mind (which would be far more likely), why would I take God at his word? He is hardly unbiased. All he would give me would be anecdotal evidence, which is not evidence at all, unless he was prepared to take me back in time to view the events actually occurring - but then how would I know he wasn't merely putting images into my head and making me think I was there when I was actually still in my room?

God needs to do a lot more than prove his existence in order to prove the stories in the Bible actually happened.

But alright, if you insist, I will ask him. Hold on.

Ok back. And I have had quite a revelation. I put my hands together, looked to the sky and asked God to provide me with the overwhelming evidence to prove the truth, you will never guess what happened!

. . .

. . .

. . .

Bugger all.

Strange that.
13-02-2013, 08:16 AM
Okay, let me explain if I may.
Say I have a stele or rock with some awesome inscriptions on them that verify what I'm saying, since donated to a museum. I cannot send you the stele via e-mail but I can tell you where to browse to photos on the web or send you to a museum to see it.
I know you can get information from Jesus but I cannot "make" Jesus send you the evidence as that violates principles of free will. As I wrote, I can send you to the source for evidence.
And I recommend when you ask God for evidence you also give Him a time constraint. He will answer all but some less promptly. Wink
13-02-2013, 08:19 AM
(13-02-2013 08:16 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I know you can get information from Jesus but I cannot "make" Jesus send you the evidence

How about I give you my mobile number and you pass it on to him? Will he be kind enough to give me a call? Or I can give you my email address, should he prefer to write instead.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
13-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:How about I give you my mobile number and you pass it on to him? Will he be kind enough to give me a call? Or I can give you my email address, should he prefer to write instead.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation.
Hi, Vera. You are a living (hundredth) anecdotal example of my point from the previous posts! You have a free will to be receptive or condemning, open or closed to God.
This is why I can never subscribe to all the posts that insist God makes people go to Hell via some imaginary roundabout quality of His omniscience. You are mocking because you choose to mock... or did He make you sarcastic this morning, too?