Commonly Used Debate Arguments for Dummies

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4.11 Average
14-02-2013, 12:21 PM
RE: Commonly Used Debate Arguments for Dummies
Quote:Aww, look how modest! And how delusional! Must be great to live in your own world, where you're bright and right.
Saying that Vosur and I don't curse and use invective and ask people challenging questions is neither modest nor delusional... it's just facts. Get your facts right.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2013, 12:23 PM
(14-02-2013 12:21 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Saying that Vosur and I don't curse and use invective and ask people challenging questions is neither modest nor delusional... it's just facts. Get your facts right.
Saying that you ask challenging questions is stretching the truth beyond all physical laws.

Also, what makes you think you and Vosur are anything alike? It's insulting to him and doesn't make you seem any more credible or less laughable.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
14-02-2013, 12:34 PM
(14-02-2013 11:09 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-02-2013 09:26 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  It also sounds like George Washington, Ronald Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Napolean, Alexander The Great, Sojurner Truth, William Wilberforce, Galileo Galilei, Blaise Pascal, and a host of other male and female leaders and influencers who did somethings Atheists won't do...
Such as? Name me one example.

Case in point, "over-inflated sense of self worth" comparing himself to luminaries from history.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
14-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:Saying that you ask challenging questions is stretching the truth beyond all physical laws.
Well, for one thing I've been able to hijack threads at will, like this one.
14-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills. Ambrose Bierce

God, where is Ambrose Bierce?
Ambrose? Lost.
14-02-2013, 12:44 PM
(14-02-2013 12:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Well, for one thing I've been able to hijack threads at will, like this one.
Good! The truth why you're infesting this forum, leaving your droppings all over the place, finally comes to the surface.

Also, hijacking a thread doesn't mean you have anything even remotely interesting, important or coherent to say. It means only that you have a severe case of verbal diarrhoea.

And the stench is already becoming unbearable.

14-02-2013, 02:28 PM
Again, sarcasm is lost on you. I do have a question for you, though. Since I'm here to learn and to ask questions and not to proselytize, what do you have to fear that you want me removed from the forum? Thanks.
14-02-2013, 03:05 PM
PJ, could you put a quote showing the full statement where the person said they want you removed from the forum? Also, who it was who said it?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
14-02-2013, 03:13 PM
(14-02-2013 03:05 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  PJ, could you put a quote showing the full statement where the person said they want you removed from the forum? Also, who it was who said it?
Me, cheapie, he was talking to me. Haven't you heard? I started a petition to have him banned. Check your PM box. [Image: LaieA_029.gif]

If that doesn't work, I'm forming a lynch party. 'Cause this is how we, heathens, roll.

And playing the victim is how Xtians roll.

14-02-2013, 03:20 PM
I checked my PM box. Sadly I'm missing a few things on the list:
•goat
•jar of blood

Thankfully I'm fully stocked when it comes to candles (don't worry PJ, it's not for you. I'm painting a goat by candle light and the specific tincture of paint is made by hand and one of the ingredients is deer blood)!

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post