Communication

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Communication
Hello out there.
I'm a Christian and an Evangelist. I'm not here to argue! I'm only here to get a better understanding of why and how anyone would decide to become an Atheist. It perplexes me and I find the myriad of answers motivating. I won't Bible 'thump' but one must understand that in a discussion I will use scripture as my foundation and basis for my stand. A dictionary definition here would not be appropriate due to it may be biased due to Theistic influence. Therefore I just pose the simple question to the forum of Atheists, "Why do you choose to be an Atheist?"
[/size]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2015, 09:17 PM
RE: Communication
(06-01-2015 09:13 PM)BluesMan1kw Wrote:  Hello out there.
I'm a Christian and an Evangelist. I'm not here to argue! I'm only here to get a better understanding of why and how anyone would decide to become an Atheist. It perplexes me and I find the myriad of answers motivating. I won't Bible 'thump' but one must understand that in a discussion I will use scripture as my foundation and basis for my stand. A dictionary definition here would not be appropriate due to it may be biased due to Theistic influence. Therefore I just pose the simple question to the forum of Atheists, "Why do you choose to be an Atheist?"
[/size]

The intro section really isn't the place for this type of discussion.

Welcome to our community. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-01-2015, 09:26 PM
[/size]

Welcome.

Start a new thread in the religion section so we can discuss. The forum rules are that the intro section is solely for intros, no debate.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-01-2015, 09:28 PM
ようこそ here is your ようこそ 海豹(あざらし)

[Image: 99696-004-058EB9C8.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
06-01-2015, 09:31 PM
I'd suggest that the Atheism vs. Theism sub-forum is the place for you to ask your questions. (Though that might not strike the right tone.)

Welcome to the playground.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
06-01-2015, 09:32 PM
[Image: Welcome-12-june_zpsc8b9a7e4.gif]
06-01-2015, 09:45 PM
[/size]

Until you understand that there is no substantial foundation for the scriptures , you won't understand why your premise fails. Welcome to the forum, I'm sure we can provide you with more than enough reason for that claim and I invite you to explore the forum. Feel free to ask anything on your mind.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-01-2015, 09:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2015 10:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
[/size]

I am not an atheist. I am my own personal Lord and Savior. My own personal Jesus. I think the best adjective to describe my metaphysics is pretheist. Talk of God is premature while the chattering class clings to some childish bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity. .... First incontrovertibly establish yourself. ... Then we can talk of God. ... Silly geese.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Looking forawrds to sharing KSP type stuff with yourself. Smile
07-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Welcome.

Hoping you find the understanding you seek.

FYI, rational arguing is a positive thing around here and we welcome it (irrational arguing... not so much; we've had lots of that in the past).

So, feel free to argue.

Thumbsup