Compelling evidence for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Compelling evidence for Christianity
This thread is a continuation of the discussion in this topic. It's purpose is to debate whether or not Christianity is based on compelling evidence.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
12-08-2012, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 02:30 PM by fstratzero.)
RE: Compelling evidence for Christianity
(12-08-2012 02:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This thread is a continuation of the discussion in this topic. It's purpose is to debate whether or not Christianity is based on compelling evidence.

Christianity is legit cause the Bible. Also cause of infinity, the circle, and personal experience. No contradictions
(just kidding)

But seriously lets continue

(12-08-2012 01:50 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  "the question I asked you earlier in this thread has yet to be answered."

Yes, it has yet to be answered, and I gave you a reason why.
The fact that you continually asked the question shows that you were persistent for me to answer you regardless of my reason.
The question is, do you know how loaded the question is?
Of course there's going to be strawman in this thread from me regarding that question. I want that question to have it's own special attention. I want it to be regarded in it's own thread. So yes, I strawman away at it trying to prove the point that I am not going to satisfy your answer here when all your trying to do is link the question with the OP posed question of "Is religion good for the world?".
I choose not to go into a loaded question on this thread because I believe it will set me up for failure because the intent of your question is probably to shut what I'm saying down instead of allowing me to give the appropriate answer to the question you're asking me.

"Furthermore, you have no excuse for not having answered yet, because you replied to the post of Logica Humano"

So because I'm choosing to answer a different question, I now have no excuse for not answering yours?
So the conclusion is - if I answer one question, I must answer all.
If that's not what you mean, please explain what you do mean because on the onset, it just sounds like another attempt to make me feel obligated to answer your question here and now.

"Do you know a religion that is based on compelling evidence?"

Why is this question loaded? Where is the thing that is making the question one sided?

(12-08-2012 01:50 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I believe Christianity is set in a way that allows much of it to be evidentially examined.
I believe that's why Christianity is widely the most debated religion. Almost all of it's claims can be proven or disproven by using Science, Philosophy, Logic and reason.
So to answer your question in the most simplistic unjust way I can - Christianity.

To discuss the question further in much deeper detail, in which it certainly deserves, I believe we should create a thread focused directly on this.

"So to answer your question in the most simplistic unjust way I can - Christianity." What does that even mean?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
12-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Kind of a pointless thread, since it isn't. :/

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
12-08-2012, 02:13 PM
(12-08-2012 02:12 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Kind of a pointless thread, since it isn't. :/
You gotta have an open-mind. Tongue

12-08-2012, 02:15 PM
0 <-----that number right there

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
(12-08-2012 02:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 02:12 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Kind of a pointless thread, since it isn't. :/
You gotta have an open-mind. Tongue

Being open-minded and being delusional are two different things. ;D

Poonjab
12-08-2012, 02:19 PM
(12-08-2012 02:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Being open-minded and being delusional are two different things. ;D

[Image: 200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
(12-08-2012 02:19 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 02:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Being open-minded and being delusional are two different things. ;D

[Image: 200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg]

Actually this isn't one of the good captain's glory moments. Plenty of people seem to be confused over it anyway.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Come on guys, seriouslyDodgy. Lets see what he can bring to the table first.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-08-2012, 02:25 PM
(12-08-2012 02:22 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Come on guys, seriouslyDodgy. Lets see what he can bring to the table first.

Well, we have been waiting for a good while now.

Poonjab