Compelling evidence for Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-09-2012, 02:27 PM
AW: RE: Compelling evidence for Christianity
(30-09-2012 02:10 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 01:18 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I've been eyeing this thread for quite some time, and it seems like a lost cause. : (

It is a lost cause. I've lost a lot of respect for the majority of Atheists on this forum. A skeptic not being able to maturely respond to a Theist is a good reason to stop wasting time on them.
I had always expected the skeptics to take more fashionable and firm approach to responding to opposition. Instead, ad hominem and ambiguity is the theme of this forum for the most part.

Why give great detail of something like "Compelling evidence for Christianity" when you're already prepared to respond with hostility?
Instead of coming at this like it's a learning experience, it would be turned into a way to make the Theist look like a fool for believing what he does. It's always been this way, and it's good reason not to have respect for this platform any longer.

I did not come to this forum to prove the Atheist wrong. I came here to present the best of my case and then learn more about the opposite of my view to see if it still stands valid that I believe what I believe.

Vosur makes me want to be a Christian so much more strongly than I ever felt before. If being an Atheists takes away my ability to rationalize with others, then I want to stay away from that point of view.
A bitter and distasteful approach to life is a sign of immaturity and misunderstanding.
I suggest you to reread this thread and point out at which point I was being disrespectful. Read everything before the recent bump.

Also, stop acting like you're a victim, that's just pitiful.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-09-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: Compelling evidence for Christianity
Here ya go, V: your first response to Idea in this thread:

(13-08-2012 06:16 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: conan.gif]

I'm looking forward to ideasonscribe's comeback. Consider

Not like I give a shit, but I like him more today than yesterday. Thumbsup

Besides, there is an answer to the OP - me. More appropriately, I AM. I can understand Paul's vision as a philosophy of utility and pontificate extensively on it... but I don't like Christianity. It's icky.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-09-2012, 02:31 PM
AW: RE: Compelling evidence for Christianity
(30-09-2012 02:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here ya go, V: your first response to Idea in this thread:

(13-08-2012 06:16 AM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: conan.gif]

I'm looking forward to ideasonscribe's comeback. Consider

Besides, there is an answer to the OP - me. More appropriately, I AM. I can understand Paul's vision as a philosophy of utility and pontificate extensively on it... but I don't like Christianity. It's icky.
How is saying that I'm waiting for his comeback disrespectful?

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-09-2012, 02:46 PM
RE: AW: Compelling evidence for Christianity
(30-09-2012 02:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-09-2012 02:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Here ya go, V: your first response to Idea in this thread:

How is saying that I'm waiting for his comeback disrespectful?

Don't be playing dumb, cause you ain't. The GIF you posted... Dodgy

The way it looks from here, you set this OP trap, and Idea ambles in when your goons attack and you stand back and applaud. Of course, my involvement here is a resultant of too many Gwynnies this morning. Girl fills me with peace, love, and small furry animals; making me more compassionate than is standard for my surly nature. Dang Gwynnies. Big Grin

Your wording raises a valid point, however. That being, is Idea worthy of respect, and I can see where the answer would be negative. I didn't like him at all until this morning. He seems to be more on an even keel as of late - but I'm operating under the influence of that dang Gwynnies... Undecided

Anyhoo, to achieve consensus with this nutbag, I would reword the OP like so:

Compelling external evidence for Christianity - and like all theism, I'd have to go with, a big NO. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-09-2012, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2012 02:52 PM by Vosur.)
(30-09-2012 02:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Don't be playing dumb, cause you ain't. The GIF you posted... Dodgy
It was an applauding .gif for BB and the others who made a solid case against the existence of compelling evidence for Christianity. What makes you think it had anything to do with ideasonscribe?

(30-09-2012 02:10 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Why give great detail of something like "Compelling evidence for Christianity" when you're already prepared to respond with hostility?
Instead of coming at this like it's a learning experience, it would be turned into a way to make the Theist look like a fool for believing what he does. It's always been this way, and it's good reason not to have respect for this platform any longer.
And this shows once more what an intellectually dishonest liar you are. Not a single post in this thread prior to today was offensive, hostile or disrespectful. In fact, I even gave you the benefit of the doubt and said that people should keep an open mind towards what you are going to propose (page 1). But please, go ahead and claim that the reason you didn't respond to this thread was because of my behavior.

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-09-2012, 05:25 PM
RE: AW: Compelling evidence for Christianity
(30-09-2012 02:46 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That being, is Idea worthy of respect, and I can see where the answer would be negative. I didn't like him at all until this morning. He seems to be more on an even keel as of late - but I'm operating under the influence of that dang Gwynnies... Undecided

That's confusing because lately I've been sort of a jerk. I came in here kind of pissed because of some things going on at home with my marriage.. so I've honestly been in a raging mood lately.

What about my recent return has been any good? (As far as what you've seen)

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-09-2012, 06:00 PM
(30-09-2012 02:48 PM)Vosur Wrote:  And this shows once more what an intellectually dishonest liar you are. Not a single post in this thread prior to today was offensive, hostile or disrespectful. In fact, I even gave you the benefit of the doubt and said that people should keep an open mind towards what you are going to propose (page 1). But please, go ahead and claim that the reason you didn't respond to this thread was because of my behavior.

If I was wrong about the way you were going to approach my proposition, then I apologize.

Sometimes I don't read people very well and so far, it's hard to read you Vosur since most of your conversation with me appears to be to make me look bad.

Maybe my approach on this site should be different.
Since I came on this forum to learn the viewpoint of Atheists, then maybe I should really focus on doing that.
Instead of pandering to every Atheist that gets pissed at me, maybe I should just ignore them and just talk with serious Atheists that want to have serious debates and get really deep into discussion, instead of bully people around because of their belief.
If I really want to grow up, I think I really need to just focus on what's important, and just search for the truth and not try and make people like me.

That may be good enough reason to do the research on my worldview and rally up all the for and against evidences for it.
I don't know if I will post it all here, but I can at least put it on my blog.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post
30-09-2012, 06:28 PM
There you go, answered your own question right there. Thumbsup

One thing you're probably missing is the asshole component of atheism. In my experience, this seems to be a function of shedding the false compassion of theism. In a theist environment, there's a lot of PC and shallow platitudes going on, which is at odds with their mode of expression used with those outside the congregation. We, however, just skip the dumb and call each other fuckwad douchebag. Big Grin

Yet you'll find that once you're part of an atheist group, the regard of your peers will be much more sincere. We don't do it to impress some sky daddy, we do it cause we're human. Thumbsup

[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
30-09-2012, 07:18 PM
(30-09-2012 06:28 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There you go, answered your own question right there. Thumbsup

One thing you're probably missing is the asshole component of atheism. In my experience, this seems to be a function of shedding the false compassion of theism. In a theist environment, there's a lot of PC and shallow platitudes going on, which is at odds with their mode of expression used with those outside the congregation. We, however, just skip the dumb and call each other fuckwad douchebag. Big Grin

Yet you'll find that once you're part of an atheist group, the regard of your peers will be much more sincere. We don't do it to impress some sky daddy, we do it cause we're human. Thumbsup

You always say such appropriate things.Thumbsup

Oh, wait. No you don't. Consider But this time you did.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
30-09-2012, 11:45 PM
(30-09-2012 06:00 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  If I was wrong about the way you were going to approach my proposition, then I apologize.

Sometimes I don't read people very well and so far, it's hard to read you Vosur since most of your conversation with me appears to be to make me look bad.

Maybe my approach on this site should be different.
Since I came on this forum to learn the viewpoint of Atheists, then maybe I should really focus on doing that.
Instead of pandering to every Atheist that gets pissed at me, maybe I should just ignore them and just talk with serious Atheists that want to have serious debates and get really deep into discussion, instead of bully people around because of their belief.
If I really want to grow up, I think I really need to just focus on what's important, and just search for the truth and not try and make people like me.

That may be good enough reason to do the research on my worldview and rally up all the for and against evidences for it.
I don't know if I will post it all here, but I can at least put it on my blog.
As long as you post it somewhere, I'm fine with it. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post