Competitive Eating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2012, 11:25 AM
RE: Competitive Eating
Did I just watch men stuff their faces with hot dogs for 10 minutes?

What are they dunking them into?

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2012, 11:31 AM
(04-07-2012 11:41 PM)kim Wrote:  68 hot dogs in 10 minutes? How the fuck is that possible? That's almost 7 hotdogs a minute; which is about a hotdog every 11 seconds.

I'm almost willing to say... that's very near wrong, man.... almost stupid wrong. Blink
I don't get it. If it's 7 dogs a minute, when do they have time for a sip of wine ? It is a gourmet meal, right ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
(05-07-2012 11:25 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  Did I just watch men stuff their faces with hot dogs for 10 minutes?

What are they dunking them into?
Water.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Watching this just makes me ill.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Big question here. Can I just eat one hot dog and get the world record for neither male nor female? Why seperate genders on things like this?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
05-07-2012, 12:15 PM
(05-07-2012 11:41 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Big question here. Can I just eat one hot dog and get the world record for neither male nor female? Why seperate genders on things like this?

Well, you know I'd want to claim smarts here... but I think if you're even signed up, male or female - smarts or sense of any kind is a bit of a moot point.

Maybe ... size? Although, I've seen some pretty big gals in my time... a few that could best several people at eating. So, I would think stomach capacity would do it, but hmm?
I suspect some strange competition insecurity... although, I can't put my finger on it. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
05-07-2012, 12:16 PM
(05-07-2012 11:41 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Big question here. Can I just eat one hot dog and get the world record for neither male nor female? Why seperate genders on things like this?
It helps us to identify which traditional gender role is the bigger slob. And male "wins" again.

Evolve
05-07-2012, 07:07 PM
In case you need to ketchup on the news for this event, Mayor Bloomberg wanted to know, "who wrote this shit " ?
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/michael-b...53666.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

05-07-2012, 09:37 PM

Why yes, yes you can. But it wouldn't be particularly impressive without a competitor. Wink

(05-07-2012 12:15 PM)kim Wrote:  Maybe ... size? Although, I've seen some pretty big gals in my time... a few that could best several people at eating. So, I would think stomach capacity would do it, but hmm?

Nope. The bigger you are around the more fat you got around your belly the less skin stretch you have the less your belly can expand. Kobayashi and the Black Widow are the norm, Joey Chestnut is the exception. But it ain't like he's fat, he's just an anomaly. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
06-07-2012, 12:26 AM
(05-07-2012 09:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Nope. The bigger you are around the more fat you got around your belly the less skin stretch you have the less your belly can expand. Kobayashi and the Black Widow are the norm, Joey Chestnut is the exception. But it ain't like he's fat, he's just an anomaly. Big Grin

lol, I like how scientific you are about this.

I wonder how many people get sick after competing. Maybe this isn't something I should be wondering about.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor