Complaint About Thanksgiving Prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2012, 12:22 AM
RE: Complaint About Thanksgiving Prayer
I'm thankful for rainbows and cupcakes with sprinkles. The holy trinity. (That's my standard response now, I can't wait to use it after Amen at dinner with the fam over)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2012, 12:30 AM
(23-11-2012 12:22 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'm thankful for rainbows and cupcakes with sprinkles. The holy trinity. (That's my standard response now, I can't wait to use it after Amen at dinner with the fam over)
Do you count the sprinkles as part of the trinity? 'Cos otherwise your trinity is missing one...
23-11-2012, 12:46 AM
(23-11-2012 12:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-11-2012 12:22 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I'm thankful for rainbows and cupcakes with sprinkles. The holy trinity. (That's my standard response now, I can't wait to use it after Amen at dinner with the fam over)
Do you count the sprinkles as part of the trinity? 'Cos otherwise your trinity is missing one...
Yes, I do. But they are all one anyway.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
23-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:Matthew 6:5-6

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Geez, why do we heathens always seem to know what God wants better than those who actually care?

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2012, 12:52 PM
The nice thing about hosting was getting to skip any prayer. The in-laws were in town but we also a friend over and she isn't Christian so I opted for going right to a toast wishing everyone welcome and thanking them for coming to dinner (much more sincere than any grace/prayer I've heard).

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
23-11-2012, 01:02 PM
(23-11-2012 12:52 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  The nice thing about hosting was getting to skip any prayer. The in-laws were in town but we also a friend over and she isn't Christian so I opted for going right to a toast wishing everyone welcome and thanking them for coming to dinner (much more sincere than any grace/prayer I've heard).
So jealous! This happened a couple weeks ago here and the minute I stepped out of the room my father in law took his God given role to lead the prayer. Unfortunately I dropped something loudly and slammed a cutting board on the counter by accident at the same time so it was kind of interrupted a wee bit. Evil_monster

I love the idea of a toast. To rainbows. And cupcakes with sprinkles.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
24-11-2012, 01:56 AM
If somebody wanted to pray in my house I'd tell them to go outside and do it, same as if they wanted to smoke.
You guys are too tolerant !
[+] 1 user Likes Idlecuriosity's post
24-11-2012, 02:20 AM
(24-11-2012 01:56 AM)Idlecuriosity Wrote:  If somebody wanted to pray in my house I'd tell them to go outside and do it, same as if they wanted to smoke.
You guys are too tolerant !
LOL. "You just can't get the damn smell out of the carpet!"
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-11-2012, 08:25 AM
I wore my bright red (A) for atheism shirt that I bought on Richard Dawkins site that reads on the back " Non-believers giving aid. Do good for goodness sake". At my family events most everyone bows except me and a few others. It use to be only me, but as time passes more in my family no longer bow. That to me sends a message to anyone else who peeks from a bowed head and closed eyes.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
25-11-2012, 11:13 AM
I just don't participate, I don't care if the attention grabber who orders everyone to gather for pointless babble demands it, I have no invisible leech, and the food tastes the same regardless.

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Matthew Laramore's post