Complete Remission

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Complete Remission
I am so happy to report that the cancer is considered to be in remission as of today. Several of my new friends here on TTA have asked me to let them know when I hear back about the last radioactive iodine/body scan...so, here is the happy news!
This was the third time I have had cancer, and it took over a year and some surgery and radiation to get fixed up again. Now, I am going to get strong again and start back to getting into mischief of one type or another.
I owe myself some fun now, and also have a lot of work to do to get toughened up again. I do not look forward to the hard work to get strong, but I do look forward to the fun!Angel
So, yay me! and thanks for the support from my new friends. I feel like some of you are becoming such good friends to me.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 29 users Like carol's post
07-04-2016, 03:59 PM
RE: Complete Remission
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news! So happy for you! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-04-2016, 04:00 PM
[Image: 26006427.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
07-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Such great news! So happy to hear this! Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-04-2016, 04:08 PM
Good news, indeed. It took my youngest brother about a year and a half after surgery, chemo and radiation for laryngeal cancer. He's back to working 40 hours a week. He's 52. So, I know it will be hard to get back into shape, but you can do it!
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
07-04-2016, 04:39 PM
Thank you so much, I feel like I am getting to know some of you so well, you feel like good friends to me. You make me feel strong! Heart

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 3 users Like carol's post
07-04-2016, 04:57 PM
[Image: ceilingCat.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 6 users Like Minimalist's post
07-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Bowing

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
07-04-2016, 05:14 PM
(07-04-2016 03:57 PM)carol Wrote:  I am so happy to report that the cancer is considered to be in remission as of today. Several of my new friends here on TTA have asked me to let them know when I hear back about the last radioactive iodine/body scan...so, here is the happy news!
This was the third time I have had cancer, and it took over a year and some surgery and radiation to get fixed up again. Now, I am going to get strong again and start back to getting into mischief of one type or another.
I owe myself some fun now, and also have a lot of work to do to get toughened up again. I do not look forward to the hard work to get strong, but I do look forward to the fun!Angel
So, yay me! and thanks for the support from my new friends. I feel like some of you are becoming such good friends to me.

Yay!

Stephen Colbert says yeah!

[Image: stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
07-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Wow! Very excellent news!!! Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post