Completely uninteresting!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Completely uninteresting!
News is so boring these days:

Dying kids in Africa *yawn*, who cares?

[Image: media_xl_4286554.jpg]

Pollution... nature will fix itself, right? And after all, how can I enjoy a delicious coke without a sturdy package?

[Image: Great+pacific+garbage+patch+canoer.jpg]

Women getting flogged. Well, at least the government helps in fighting terrorism, a little. Surely, that's a small price to pay?

At least our bankers are doing a good job in keeping the economy up and running. They really deserve those bonusses!

[Image: aig-bonus-time-l.jpg]

And God be praised for the next US president. A promising woman that will make all of our problems go away!

[Image: sarah+palin+religious+nut.bmp]

OH, wait, now this is interesting! SOCCER!!!!!!!!!
Oh, the thrill of 2 teams of mongoloids kicking a leather ball into a net! Now, that's waaaaay better than those stupid starved africans kids that don't do anything but nag and attract flies.

[Image: media_xl_4287476.jpg]
[Image: media_xl_4283406.jpg]
[Image: media_xl_4286873.jpg]
[Image: media_xl_4287756.jpg]

Those are heroes, real heroes!

Way better than those pussies working for NGO's or dedicating their time to useless things like medicine and social economy. That's why they're paid alot more; because they ARE better.

I mean, they kick leather balls into nets! Isn't that the pinnacle of human achievement?

I hate this world, I really do...

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2011, 03:20 PM
RE: Completely uninteresting!
Did you go see the new Harry Potter movie this weekend?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
18-07-2011, 06:41 PM
ahahahahhahahahahhah that's comedy gold right there. All about the timing.

However I have to disagree about teh I hate this world comment, not that you do, but that your hate might be misdirected. Aim it at the people in it, because this world is fucking great really I swear.
Just this morning I saw the best sunrise ever, and then gave my kid a hug, and then we went to the park having loads of fun. There's good to be had, you just got to have it. Step one, use magical vanishing magic to vanish everyone else in it.
Step two, enjoy.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
18-07-2011, 10:44 PM
(18-07-2011 03:09 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  Those are heroes, real heroes!
Don't forget about those drugged fools riding their bicycles as fast as they can through France.

(You seem to share the same frustration as I have Thammuz)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-07-2011, 12:40 AM
So if I'm not constantly thinking about how horrible the world is, and how much people are suffering I'm a total spoiled materialistic douche bag?

Sorry if people like to take a few minutes to enjoy their freaking lives. I think about world hunger and inequality more then the average person, but sue me if I go see Harry Potter or watch a damn soccer game.

Sorry if this is coming across as bombastic, but seriously, calm down.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
19-07-2011, 03:43 AM
I might have overreacted a little with the "I hate this world" comment. It's not that I hate everything. There are alot of fun and precious moments with friends and relatives, as lucradis previously stated.

It just blows my mind when I see the priorities and decisions of the ones in charge, the stupidity of the majority and the persistent decay of this planet.

This could be a much better place. Seeing it go the other way around makes me feel powerless and that just pisses me off.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
19-07-2011, 04:49 AM
I took it as an attack on media which I agree with. While I actually understand seeing the world as bad as well, but that's in the past I've been outside the US now =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
19-07-2011, 06:26 AM
I was also looking at it as a statement about the media and it's priorities. But then again, it has those priorities because it's giving the masses what they ask for. Senationalism and entertainment.
It frustrates me too when I see a 15 minute segment dedicated to soccer and 30 seconds dedicated to a world catastrophy, but most people just wouldn't watch if it were the other way around. (I rarely watch the "news" anyways) Something else you mentioned really burns my ass too; sports heroes, movies stars, and the like making millions while scientists and researchers that save lives daily make a pittance in comparison. But all this stuff only bugs me for a small fraction of my time. If I let it affect how I see life all the time I'd always be angry or frustrated. Instead, I try to look at the positive for most of the time, and then take some time to look at the negative and say to myself, "ok, can I do something to change this?" If the answer is no, then I move on, because my time is better spent making the world around me better than it is brooding about things I can do nothing about. If the answer is yes, I stop feeling negative about it, and spend some time doing something to change it.

That's just me though. It's how I cope with a world that can easily overwhelm.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-07-2011, 09:14 AM
These things are very frustrating but it all boils down to education. Teach the populace to think for themselves and as individuals they will recognize these things and will take steps towards helping one another and at the same time keep themselves out of the shitter.

Who is the highest paid government employee? That is correct it is the Preside....wait....no...it is Navy's head football coach Paul Johnson at $1,003,309...the president makes $400,000 with a $500,000 expense account so...yea.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley