Complicated and tedious thoughts I've been having

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2011, 07:36 PM

RE: Complicated and tedious thoughts I've been having
Sorry, wrong thread!
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 02:40 PM by houseofcantor.)
Man, it's Genesis 1:24 and evolution for the win - so sayeth YHWH. Big Grin

Creationists interpret through emotional context and thus intuit the nature of dual-state identity - thus "macro and micro" evolution, which are straight nonsense terms. It is a failure of evolutionists to understand how a creationist can be moral in his reasoning - I know, so it is only a matter of time before evolutionists know. Wink
(31-10-2011 05:11 PM)Organon Wrote:  The "dogs don't go to heaven" issue was one that cemented my non-belief in Christianity and its god when I was young.

I asked the vicar if my pet dog that had died would go to heaven and he said that god didn't give animals "souls", so no, they couldn't go to heaven with people. I was 10 or 11 and suddenly the whole Christianity sham hit me like a ton of bricks. It was nonsense! Totally!

I went straight off on somebody recently 'cause of this stuff. Big Grin

If there is a heaven, then dogs go there. Same thing with fish and hamsters. It is not a consideration of reality, it is the reality of love. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2011, 08:47 PM
What about a down syndrome person, would they go to heaven? I mean, if they don't really understand what a god is and accept Jesus as their savior, do they just go to limbo?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2011, 09:21 PM
If somebody can make them say the right words - and it doesn't have to be a lot of words - they're cool. Or just show them pretty pictures of people with shiny circles around their heads and if they reach out to take one, they're saved. Conversion is not like surgery: does not require informed consent.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
02-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Well, then they aren't really believing, and that was kind of what Jesus taught.. that you need to believe in his being the son of God and the only way to get to God in order to go to heaven. That was why the catholics came up with limbo.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire