Computer Help Please!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-05-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: Computer Help Please!
(26-05-2013 02:32 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  You might want to test your hard drive to make sure it isn't going bad - because if it is, you are wasting your time doing a reinstall. Some PCs have a hard drive test option in the BIOS, so use your spare PC to check Dell's website to find out if your model has this feature.

This, I second. Back in the bad old days we had to do that from a floppy, but it's pretty easy to get some hardware checking utilities on a a bootable CD or USB, if you've got a second computer around.

Always a good idea to make sure it's not a hardware failure, before you go and fix a software error...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
27-05-2013, 04:28 AM
First this: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ox?page=28

Then go and re-install your OS, because you did not listen to the important message. This will be your teacher for the future. I seriously doubt you will be able to work around this problem, without having to re-install, and also, it is much easier and faster to do a clean install. Also, even if you do find a way to fix this now, it will most definitely cause problems sooner or later.

So, go, re-install everything.

Next time be smart, read and listen. You know that you can go away from your computer and leave it to finish things on its own?

There really is no need to test the hard drive, because it is very obvious why the error happened, it is 100% your fault, not hardware's... You people who are suggesting this, please go and READ his post first, then give out suggestions.

See ya around.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Just boot into your "Last known good configuration":

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307852

There should be no need for reinstalling your OS.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-05-2013, 12:56 PM
(27-05-2013 04:28 AM)Filox Wrote:  There really is no need to test the hard drive, because it is very obvious why the error happened, it is 100% your fault, not hardware's... You people who are suggesting this, please go and READ his post first, then give out suggestions.

I "READ" his first post, and I still recommend that he test the hard drive in case his actions either caused it to be damaged, or else aggravated an already existing HD issue. Best to be safe than sorry, and it will have the added benefit of giving him some insight into how his PC works.