Computer woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2014, 07:23 AM
RE: Computer woes
(05-11-2014 06:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  My heart goes out to you Smerc, when you get a chance get an Apple. Cool No fuss, no muss and everything works every time .

The stupid. The stupid, it hurts...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2014, 12:56 PM
(05-11-2014 06:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I used to have a Toshiba, can't say I miss the nearly ten minutes it used to take for it to power up, or the constant security upgrades I'd have to upload, or the constant freezing up. My heart goes out to you Smerc, when you get a chance get an Apple. Cool No fuss, no muss and everything works every time .

Yeah, right. Just last night at a work meeting my manager could not get her $3000 mac laptop to connect to the office apple TV. Everything was hooked up properly. Ended up having to hardwire it, finding out that macs do not have the same AV port and that my manager had to buy another $50 converter so her apple computer could work with her apple TV.

Then the computer couldn't play sound. Myself, and two other computer literate people a look at it and quickly discovered we couldn't fix it. Why? Because the "options" are a joke, so whenever you have a problem with your mac, instead of fixing it yourself, you have to take it to their certified "apple geniuses."

Total wasted time - About 45 minutes to an hour.
Solution - Used the area manager's 5 year old PC (without the $50 extra AV hookup). Worked perfectly immediately.

Atir aissom atir imon
07-11-2014, 02:34 PM
(07-11-2014 12:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 06:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I used to have a Toshiba, can't say I miss the nearly ten minutes it used to take for it to power up, or the constant security upgrades I'd have to upload, or the constant freezing up. My heart goes out to you Smerc, when you get a chance get an Apple. Cool No fuss, no muss and everything works every time .

Yeah, right. Just last night at a work meeting my manager could not get her $3000 mac laptop to connect to the office apple TV. Everything was hooked up properly. Ended up having to hardwire it, finding out that macs do not have the same AV port and that my manager had to buy another $50 converter so her apple computer could work with her apple TV.

Then the computer couldn't play sound. Myself, and two other computer literate people a look at it and quickly discovered we couldn't fix it. Why? Because the "options" are a joke, so whenever you have a problem with your mac, instead of fixing it yourself, you have to take it to their certified "apple geniuses."

Solution - Used the area manager's 5 year old PC (without the $50 extra AV hookup). Worked perfectly immediately.

And don't forget that part about certain (if not all) Macbooks being bulit to be NOT MODIFIED at all, due to the fact that what holds the damn things together is extremely sturdy superglue. It's that kind of glue that will never stick back if you actually need to take the thing apart, meaning that it's fucking broken. The only way it will, is by heating the glue up. So instead of using a screwdriver, you need a damn hairdryer and 30 mins of waiting. APPLE. IS. GARBAGE.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
07-11-2014, 11:17 PM
(07-11-2014 02:34 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 12:56 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yeah, right. Just last night at a work meeting my manager could not get her $3000 mac laptop to connect to the office apple TV. Everything was hooked up properly. Ended up having to hardwire it, finding out that macs do not have the same AV port and that my manager had to buy another $50 converter so her apple computer could work with her apple TV.

And don't forget that part about certain (if not all) Macbooks being bulit to be NOT MODIFIED at all, due to the fact that what holds the damn things together is extremely sturdy superglue. It's that kind of glue that will never stick back if you actually need to take the thing apart, meaning that it's fucking broken. The only way it will, is by heating the glue up. So instead of using a screwdriver, you need a damn hairdryer and 30 mins of waiting. APPLE. IS. GARBAGE.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MY STEPDAD'S P.O.S. MACBOOK THAT NEEDED A NEW BATTERY

Atir aissom atir imon
07-11-2014, 11:21 PM
I forget how much I love google sometimes. I just typed "funny gif" and I shit you not, first result:

[Image: 342sw003300.gif]

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post