Conan O'Brien's words on death tonight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 03:09 AM by Dark Light.)
Conan O'Brien's words on death tonight.
First off, I enjoy watching Conan. I've been watching his shows for about 15 years. Occasionally he says something which I don't like. Tonight was one of those nights.

In an interview with Ben Hoffman, of The Ben Show Ben told of celebrating the death of a Rabi he experienced as a kid. He was excited that he had died because he found him scary. To this Conan said "You shouldn't celebrate the death of anyone [pause] especially a religious person. No

My first reaction to this is that he finds that celebrating the death of a non-religious person to be more palatable than a 'believer'. Not cool. No

I don't think this was an intentional jab at irreligious folks, but that makes it less cool to me. It's his true feelings, his unfiltered response. He unintentionally let his feelings known without PC in mind.

What do you think?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: Conan O'Brian's words on death tonight.
Are you sure he was scolding and not making light of it? I can't see Conan saying that in a serious tone, ha ha.

But if it is, then I think meh. I wouldn't at all take it as a knock, it sounds like 'religious person' isn't meant as all religious people, but more of a 'career path' religious person, if you know what I mean? It's just more woo that isn't thought of carefully.

I love Conan!
30-05-2013, 12:19 AM
(30-05-2013 12:13 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Are you sure he was scolding and not making light of it? I can't see Conan saying that in a serious tone, ha ha.

But if it is, then I think meh. I wouldn't at all take it as a knock, it sounds like 'religious person' isn't meant as all religious people, but more of a 'career path' religious person, if you know what I mean? It's just more woo that isn't thought of carefully.

I love Conan!

Of course the tone wasn't serious, but his words were if you get me. I also agree that he meant 'career path' religious people, but I would say even from an 'unbiased' perspective that celebrating the death of anyone, regardless of profession or beliefs is equally 'wrong'. I don't believe Conan truly agrees with me on that one.

30-05-2013, 02:36 AM
BY "religious person" I believe he was referring to him being a rabi, not referring to people that believe v don't believe.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
30-05-2013, 05:43 AM
RE: Conan O'Brien's words on death tonight.
hmm, of all people, we should celebrate the deaths of religious people since they have gotten their wish, right?
30-05-2013, 05:44 AM
I think Conan's a douchebag. That's my thought.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Conan O'Brien not making you laugh? Now there's a surprise....

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]