Concept of Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: Concept of Hell
Egor, let me explain to you what I believe as far as the point of humanity, the point of Christ, and the reason for Hell. I will try to be as clear as possible.

You have to understand the concept of "the beginning". I know you do, but for the sake of exhaustion and clarity, I'll explain it anyway.

"The Beginning" is a point in infinity that has always existed. This was the point at which God designed His plan. Because His plan was designed from infinity, it's existence has always been; likewise, so is the existence of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Since the plan was from the beginning of infinity (sic) as well as God, there had to be a purpose created from this plan.

From the beginning the plan for the Son was to provide atonement for humanity. We exist because of the Son; the Son didn't exist for us. That being said, in order for the plan to come to fruition, there had to be sin - if there wasn't, the Son would be pointless. Since humanity is imperfect and depraved, it cannot act upon God - as imperfect cannot choose to be perfect nor obtain perfection. It was up to God to bestow grace upon humanity. This is where the process of election comes from. There are elect and non-elect because of Christ's purpose; if there wasn't, Christ's purpose couldn't be served.

Sin must be eternally punished in Hell; thus, giving a reason for Hell.

Now, because God is omnipotent and omniscient, He cannot leave the plan in the hands of an imperfect being and their freewill. If He did, no matter how miniscule the chances, His plan could be corrupted in some way, shape, or form.

The purpose of Christ was to fulfill His plan and purpose. The purpose of humanity was to have a way for Christ to fulfill this purpose. The purpose of Hell is a by product of Christ's purpose (if there was no sin, there would be no Hell, thus nullifying Christ's atonement and purpose).

Is this clear?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-03-2012, 01:58 PM
(14-03-2012 12:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  the plan was from the beginning of infinity

How can infinity have a beginning?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-03-2012, 02:01 PM
(14-03-2012 01:58 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 12:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  the plan was from the beginning of infinity

How can infinity have a beginning?

That's the point I'm trying to make.

The plan, the purpose, and God were simultaneous; however, the plan was dependent on God and the purpose was dependent on the plan.

All of this has always existed, so there can be no change.

14-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Interesting... I am assuming through the posts I have seen you guys made that Egor probably has an unconventional way of seeing things, but I value all serious opinions here.

Kingchosen's way is harsh.. and see, although I disagree with how things should work, I probably am in no position to see the things, I am only influenced by primitive human morality. I cannot refute what you say very well, until given further information and thought. This is basically what I was saying in the other post.

Since you clarified that, can I get clarification on why you think Christianity is correct, and the other religions are false? I've never gotten a solid answer to this, but rather something that is fairly shaky. Why do you believe the Bible is correct? Time to get all my questions out Big Grin

Quote:You see, that would be my Pastafarian heaven. I love the burn of habaneros. The first time I ate one I was really young and my entire mouth went numb. I vowed never to touch them again. That didn't work. I like them now.

So, now you know. I'm right and you're wrong. You are so going to eternity without your spaghetti.

Hmm... ok, well for habanero lovers, you instead get wasabi, and tons of it. I don't think you can make wasabi pleasurable Tongue

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned" - Anonymous
I am glad to live where there is no God, for I am moral, and mortal; I do not wish to worship He who crafts an immoral immortality.
14-03-2012, 03:20 PM
(14-03-2012 03:16 PM)nsguy1350 Wrote:  
Quote:You see, that would be my Pastafarian heaven. I love the burn of habaneros. The first time I ate one I was really young and my entire mouth went numb. I vowed never to touch them again. That didn't work. I like them now.

So, now you know. I'm right and you're wrong. You are so going to eternity without your spaghetti.

Hmm... ok, well for habanero lovers, you instead get wasabi, and tons of it. I don't think you can make wasabi pleasurable Tongue

Much like habaneros, I used to hate wasabi, but now love it. Give more please.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
14-03-2012, 03:26 PM
I forgot to mention that FSM takes away any habanero/wasabi tolerance once you get to Hell.
If you resist, you get beaten by uncooked noodles.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned" - Anonymous
I am glad to live where there is no God, for I am moral, and mortal; I do not wish to worship He who crafts an immoral immortality.
14-03-2012, 03:34 PM
(14-03-2012 03:26 PM)nsguy1350 Wrote:  I forgot to mention that FSM takes away any habanero/wasabi tolerance once you get to Hell.

oooh, more pleasure... I love being beaten by uncooked noodles... oh, FSM you know me so well!

14-03-2012, 03:40 PM
(14-03-2012 03:34 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 03:26 PM)nsguy1350 Wrote:  I forgot to mention that FSM takes away any habanero/wasabi tolerance once you get to Hell.

oooh, more pleasure... I love being beaten by uncooked noodles... oh, FSM you know me so well!

Alright... I guess I'm going to have to review my Pastafarianism. I guess you got this one.

One question: how long is Ramendan, and when does it occur? What do you have to do during Ramendan?

14-03-2012, 03:48 PM
(14-03-2012 03:16 PM)nsguy1350 Wrote:  Since you clarified that, can I get clarification on why you think Christianity is correct, and the other religions are false? I've never gotten a solid answer to this, but rather something that is fairly shaky. Why do you believe the Bible is correct? Time to get all my questions out Big Grin

Much of this is answered in my Ask a Theist thread.

Firstly, as I've addressed, I can never be certain of anything. The reason I believe Christianity is correct is because of the journey that I went on to find out what happened to me (described in the Ask a Theist thread). My evidence is purely anecdotal and non-empirical.

This goes hand in hand as to why I believe Christianity is true and others are false. I address this in yet another topic on faith. So, the answer is faith. It's only based on faith; however, I do go into detail how faith is obtained.

Let me know if you want to read those topics, and I will link them.

14-03-2012, 04:09 PM
(14-03-2012 03:40 PM)nsguy1350 Wrote:  Alright... I guess I'm going to have to review my Pastafarianism. I guess you got this one.

One question: how long is Ramendan, and when does it occur? What do you have to do during Ramendan?

"Ramadan is a month of sacrifice in which followers eschew all other foodstuffs after sundown, to test their devotion to the almighty noodle." http://2011.ramendan.com/

it will occur again on July 20th, 2012.

I personally don't follow that. What can I say. I'm not a picky eater. FSM loves me more though.. He tells me through the tasty food. Tongue