Conception of children when death is near

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: Conception of children when death is near
What strikes me about this thread is that it is all about the parents.

It is not.

It is all about the kid and it's future.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
31-03-2014, 07:37 PM
(31-03-2014 11:11 AM)War Horse Wrote:  To many different things to factor in making a judgement call on a situation like this, nor would I want to.

Injecting ones personal beliefs, opinions, lifestyle into another persons reality, is whats really seflish. Judge not another untill you've walked in their shoes for a lifetime.

Sorry. next time I see an article, instead of opining on it, I'll be sure to keep opinions to myself.

I don't consider simply stating an opinion on something - and not directly to the subject - is "injecting ones personal beliefs, opinions...." etc on them.

Not that anyone else in this forum does that, since we have opinions that range from an article about Hobby Lobby to articles on Stand your Ground laws and "oh lawd its a fire!", but thats fine.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
01-04-2014, 05:47 AM
Calm down Cathy, my post wasnt a personal attack on you , but more a statement about general perceptions that people use.

Damn girl, you sure do blow up easily. Sad

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
02-04-2014, 07:39 AM
(01-04-2014 05:47 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Calm down Cathy, my post wasnt a personal attack on you , but more a statement about general perceptions that people use.

Yeah. Sorry. Got a lot of stuff going down at work. I didn't mean to take it out on you. Urg! Getting sued because a temp receptionist slipped and fell on the floor. She didn't see the wet floor sign because someone walked in ahead of her, effectively blocking her view of it. She wants $5 million because she broke her tailbone.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
02-04-2014, 07:50 AM
(02-04-2014 07:39 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Yeah. Sorry. Got a lot of stuff going down at work. I didn't mean to take it out on you. Urg! Getting sued because a temp receptionist slipped and fell on the floor. She didn't see the wet floor sign because someone walked in ahead of her, effectively blocking her view of it. She wants $5 million because she broke her tailbone.

Sorry to hear, that sucks Sad

Hard not to get emotional when that kind of money is involved, not to mention just getting sued sucks in it self.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
02-04-2014, 07:51 AM
(02-04-2014 07:39 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 05:47 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Calm down Cathy, my post wasnt a personal attack on you , but more a statement about general perceptions that people use.

Yeah. Sorry. Got a lot of stuff going down at work. I didn't mean to take it out on you. Urg! Getting sued because a temp receptionist slipped and fell on the floor. She didn't see the wet floor sign because someone walked in ahead of her, effectively blocking her view of it. She wants $5 million because she broke her tailbone.

OUCH! (for her) and OUCH! (for you).

It totally sucks that you are being sued. But having broken my tail bone, it hurts alot, and years later its still a pain in the ass. Like sitting on the floor with kids can hurt, can't do many yoga or pilates moves, long car trips, hard kitchen type chairs can hurt too (depends on the chair) and every now and then it hurts during fun time with my hubby. So, while it doesn't seem like much in terms of an injury, it does come up frequently in life. Not sure if its worth 5 million Consider

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-04-2014, 10:59 AM
(02-04-2014 07:51 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 07:39 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Yeah. Sorry. Got a lot of stuff going down at work. I didn't mean to take it out on you. Urg! Getting sued because a temp receptionist slipped and fell on the floor. She didn't see the wet floor sign because someone walked in ahead of her, effectively blocking her view of it. She wants $5 million because she broke her tailbone.

OUCH! (for her) and OUCH! (for you).

It totally sucks that you are being sued. But having broken my tail bone, it hurts alot, and years later its still a pain in the ass. Like sitting on the floor with kids can hurt, can't do many yoga or pilates moves, long car trips, hard kitchen type chairs can hurt too (depends on the chair) and every now and then it hurts during fun time with my hubby. So, while it doesn't seem like much in terms of an injury, it does come up frequently in life. Not sure if its worth 5 million Consider

I get that its an injury that shows up later in life. How someone is always responsible when you fall, is something I don't get.

Floors get mopped. If you didn't see the sign, I'm sorry about that, but thats not my problem. Ultimately, it will settle because its cheaper than going to court. However, even if it costs me only $50,000...thats $50,000 I shouldn't have to pay to begin with!! I have insurance, and ultimately the insurance will pay. But that isn't without its consequences for me. Premiums go up.

02-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Intereseting question. If it were me I would not plan on bringing a kid into the world if I was on the way out. No way I would want a my kid to be without me. On the flip side if the baby showed up and either the wife or me had a terminal illness I would want to keep the kid.