Concerts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Concerts
This a thread to talk about your favorite concerts, concerts you're going to or any experiences you've had.
Didn't see a thread on this so I figured why not?

To start off~
Favorite Concert: Metalfest CA 2012
Concerts im going to: Northlane, Self Help Festival, Stick to Your Guns, and probably more...
Funny Experience: During Metalfest, there was a Mexican band called "Sangre" and during their act they were throwing tortillas at the crowd. So I jumped in the pit and started throwing them back, and ended up starting a tortilla war between me and the lead guitarist (all in good fun).

If this thread picks up I'll share more experiences...

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2014, 09:45 AM
RE: Concerts
oh my…

I've been to so many but mostly older stuff…just off the top of my head...

Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, Tom Petty, Lenny Kravitz, Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Grateful Dead, Doobie Brothers, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, and about 30 or more others.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
23-01-2014, 09:48 AM
(23-01-2014 09:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  oh my…

Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, Tom Petty, Lenny Kravitz, Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Grateful Dead, Doobie Brothers, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, and about 30 or more others.

Well I'm only19 lol... But I would've loved to go to a Van Halen or Rolling Stones concert

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
23-01-2014, 09:54 AM
My first "real" concert was when I was 15 years old, and remains the best. I just got into the punk scene. It was in 1978 - Dublin, went to see The Stranglers. The support act was a local band called U2.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
23-01-2014, 09:54 AM
(23-01-2014 09:48 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 09:45 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  oh my…

Well I'm only19 lol... But I would've loved to go to a Van Halen or Rolling Stones concert

The Stones concert was fun because we got most everything free! Some guy I went to college with GAVE me 2 tickets….just showed up and handed them to me. I took my room mate, a friend heard we were going gave us a 6 pack to tail gate with before the show, got there and found a huge sheet banner on the railing, our seats were perfect for it and it was REALLY nice art. Loads of fun.

Van Halen was the last act in the Monsters of Rock (?) - kingdom come, metallica, scorpions, van halen. It was general seating on the floor and turned into a mosh pit. I was getting thrown around and some guy rescued me. Totally freaked me out, we left the floor bumped into friends, went to the very tip top last row of 3 Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh to smoke a bowl, and made it back to the very front on the floor for Van Halen and was on some other guys shoulders the whole time…complete stranger. I was right in front of Eddie for that show, he was amazing to watch play. It was like he did it without any effort whatsoever.

good times… Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-01-2014, 09:56 AM
(23-01-2014 09:54 AM)Marozz Wrote:  My first "real" concert was when I was 15 years old, and remains the best. I just got into the punk scene. It was in 1978 - Dublin, went to see The Stranglers. The support act was a local band called U2.

U2 is one I have not seen that I really, really wish I could have.

23-01-2014, 10:07 AM
(23-01-2014 09:56 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 09:54 AM)Marozz Wrote:  My first "real" concert was when I was 15 years old, and remains the best. I just got into the punk scene. It was in 1978 - Dublin, went to see The Stranglers. The support act was a local band called U2.

U2 is one I have not seen that I really, really wish I could have.

Rumour has it that they will release a new album this year, and do a world tour, so you still a chance to see them.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
23-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Anyone ever been to an ACDC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, or anything like that?
I love a lot of the big classic names, and would enjoy hearing about them since they're before my time lol

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
23-01-2014, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2014 10:45 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(23-01-2014 10:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Anyone ever been to an ACDC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, or anything like that?
I love a lot of the big classic names, and would enjoy hearing about them since they're before my time lol

Aerosmith and Metallica, Whitesnake, Dokken, Great White, Warrant, Ratt- yes.

not metal but others that have come to mind since my first post:
Springsteen, Natalie Merchant, Rusted Root, Blues Traveler, John Mellancamp, Stray Cats, John Denver, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Steve Miller Band, Plant & Page, Pat Benetar, um…yeah, I've seen a wide variety

ETA: Ted Nugent, Crosby, Stills and Nash, Allman Bros., Rod Stewart

for many I still have the tshirt, LOL.

23-01-2014, 10:38 AM
(23-01-2014 10:37 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 10:23 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Anyone ever been to an ACDC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Metallica, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Stone Temple Pilots, or anything like that?

Aerosmith and Metallica, Whitesnake, Dokken, Great White, Warrant, Ratt- yes.

not metal but others that have come to mind since my first post:
Springsteen, Natalie Merchant, Rusted Root, Blues Traveler, John Mellancamp, Stray Cats, John Denver, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Steve Miller Band, Plant & Page. um…yeah, I've seen a wide variety

I can tell lol, and don't just like metal. Really any kind of rock as well. The only music I despise is country and rap.

~Jiddu Krishnamurti