Concerts/Shows

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Music Concerts/Shows
This thread's where I'd like for people to share their experiences at any musical/theatrical shows

So there's this place called Gallery13 about 30 minutes from where I live that hosts shows every weekend. Basically, they provide a venue (simply a venue, there aren't any renovations to it) where local musicians and bands of all genres (a lot of them metal or soft rock, but even some Indie here and occasional Dubstep/techno nights there) can play often. The shows are usually pretty entertaining, and sometimes they get a bit over-crowded, which is a downside because the venue isn't very big. Literally, probably the size of an average high school classroom (I'm pulling comparison's off the top of my skull here); inside, there's a stage only big enough for 4-6 band members and their equipment. Small small small stage. There are some chairs to the right of the room, slightly higher ledged flooring to the left, a couple of tables, more chairs, and then the middle of the floor's where crowds mostly gather up towards the front of the stage, and the backside of the floor's where people hardcore dance and mosh. Also, there's no air conditioning. My first show, the place was completely crowded, everyone drenched in sweat and it's about 98 degrees outside (dry Alabama summers). There are puddles of sweat on the floor. To improve this, some band starts handing out water balloons to everyone. Imagine the end of my night, when I'm able to say that my first show experience involved me getting kicked in the back, somebody bled on me, and at the end of the night a couple of people (Link -_-) had caused me to bust my lip open. For it being only a small, local place, the people are awesome, and even the smaller shows are still really enjoyable. Since then, I've been back about 3 times more. I'm really liking the life of live shows. Big Grin

(03-09-2014 09:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ferdy is a female with testosterone levels that wouldn't surprise me if her clit was bigger than GirlyMan's little limp dick. And Hughsie thinks he's male but his fatass hasn't seen his pecker in years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2012, 04:01 PM
RE: Concerts/Shows
(21-09-2012 03:35 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  This thread's where I'd like for people to share their experiences at any musical/theatrical shows

So there's this place called Gallery13 about 30 minutes from where I live that hosts shows every weekend. Basically, they provide a venue (simply a venue, there aren't any renovations to it) where local musicians and bands of all genres (a lot of them metal or soft rock, but even some Indie here and occasional Dubstep/techno nights there) can play often. The shows are usually pretty entertaining, and sometimes they get a bit over-crowded, which is a downside because the venue isn't very big. Literally, probably the size of an average high school classroom (I'm pulling comparison's off the top of my skull here); inside, there's a stage only big enough for 4-6 band members and their equipment. Small small small stage. There are some chairs to the right of the room, slightly higher ledged flooring to the left, a couple of tables, more chairs, and then the middle of the floor's where crowds mostly gather up towards the front of the stage, and the backside of the floor's where people hardcore dance and mosh. Also, there's no air conditioning. My first show, the place was completely crowded, everyone drenched in sweat and it's about 98 degrees outside (dry Alabama summers). There are puddles of sweat on the floor. To improve this, some band starts handing out water balloons to everyone. Imagine the end of my night, when I'm able to say that my first show experience involved me getting kicked in the back, somebody bled on me, and at the end of the night a couple of people (Link -_-) had caused me to bust my lip open. For it being only a small, local place, the people are awesome, and even the smaller shows are still really enjoyable. Since then, I've been back about 3 times more. I'm really liking the life of live shows. Big Grin

I'm so proud of my forum bestie going to Rawk Shows! Heart

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-09-2012, 04:29 PM
This is actually perfect timing. I was at an Ensiferum gig yesterday in the Button Factory. It's generally kind of hard to get the Irish to mosh or headbang like, say, Germans do, and the venue is pretty small. I went nice and early and got myself a spot right in front of the stage. It was an overall good gig. I felt like I was eighteen again.

Pictures:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...061&type=1

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
27-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I did not bust your lip. And if I did, I don't see how. Most of the time I was sulking in the corner because of boys, but yeah just putting that out there.

Oh and for everyone reading this, please go onto youtube and listen to Lost on Lemans and Upstaging the Magician ok?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 02:10 AM
Living in SoCal I grew up in alot of the punk scene and heavy metal. to be specific, Chain Reaction and SOMA venue's. Alot of well known bands got their start at these venues: Avenged Sevenfold, Pierce the Veil, POD, Steam Powered Giraffe. Got to see A7X at their 3rd ever live show, where they opened for a band that I cannot remember, cuz they were terrible live.

Occasionally, when on leave back home, I go to random shows there just to listen (cover charge is like 16 bucks).

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
13-02-2013, 03:24 PM
My first live show was a Fleetwood Mac concert when I was about 7. My parents were (and remain) die-hard fans and they decided to take me along.

My second show was only a few years later when a symphony orchestra (I can't recall the name of it) played the musical score to old Disney cartoons playing on screen. That was actually pretty cool.

Nowadays, I don't care for live shows. Especially considering that my personal taste in music means that said shows would consist mainly of long-haired, sweat-covered, highly-inebriated morons slamming into each other in a mosh pit. A friend invited me to a Korn concern a few years ago, and they were my most personal band at the time, but I still declined simply because of the neanderthalic dregs which frequent metal concerts.

(And then I was really pissed because he ran into a couple of drunk chicks and got laid; BIG TIME. Had the photos to prove it, too. I was kicking myself for having missed such an opportunity) Dodgy

Edit: If Rammstein ever comes back to the DC area, though, I'm DEFINITELY going to see them. Yes

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-02-2013, 06:21 PM
My first concert was Led Zeppelin at Kezar Staduim in San Francisco

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-03-2013, 02:33 AM
My first concert was one that my step-father took me to, it was at the I.C. Light Amphitheater at Station Square on the south side in Pittsburgh. It was 'No Doubt' on their 'Return of Saturn' tour, with opening acts 'Lit' and 'The Black Eyed Peas'. Yes, pre-Fergie, break dancing on stage, Black Eyed Peas. Gwen Stefani was hot as hell and rocking pink hair at the time.

Favorite live act I've seen so far has been '311', and I've seen them in concert 3 times so far (with opening acts 'Alien Ant Farm', 'Pepper', and 'Slightly Stoopid'). Second favorite act was 'King's X' when they played a small venue in Pittsburgh. If you don't know who they are, remedy that soon. Fuck it, I'll just go post one of their songs over in the Favorite Lyrics thread...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
20-03-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm a big metalhead, and I attend shows when I can afford to do so. My last concert experience was Gojira, and I was WOWED. Between the visuals and a great setlist, I'm still not over that concert experience. Explosia, L'Enfant Sauvage, Flying Whales, The Gift of Guilt, Oroborous...

The visuals were part of what made the show, so I've shared links of my photo albums from this concert.

Album 1
Album 2

When the sculpture of the L'Enfant Sauvage cover art was unveiled, my eyes melted. Then my ears melted as they played Explosia, and by the time they hit the end of the show with The Gift of Guilt, I think my brain had melted and dripped all over the venue floor.

I've also seen Sonata Arctica (twice), Lacuna Coil, Disturbed, Killswitch Engage, Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Devin Townsend, Arsis, and Sabaton. My next show is Steven Wilson in April.

20-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Re: Concerts/Shows
I've never managed to hit many concerts, but I managed to catch Jackson Browne in New Orleans back in 2011. Really nice, intimate feeling, was in the third row. He played one of my requests, Sky Blue and Black, one of my favorites and very personal to me. It was a wonderful show.