Concerts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Concerts
(23-01-2014 02:42 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I've seen Rush 25 times. Saw U2 once, was a fine show. Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith Tour. And countless other shows, but none as good as any Rush show.

I can tell lol, 25 times? Damn

[Image: a1Ay5GG_460sa_v1.gif]

If your God can't be bothered to personally reveal himself to me, then I can't be bothered to worship him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
23-01-2014, 03:18 PM
The concert with the best quality sound I've heard live was The Smashing Pumpkins. I saw them in the 90's in The Netherlands. The support band, Filter, was also fantastic.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
23-01-2014, 04:13 PM
(23-01-2014 03:15 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(23-01-2014 02:42 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I've seen Rush 25 times. Saw U2 once, was a fine show. Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith Tour. And countless other shows, but none as good as any Rush show.

I can tell lol, 25 times? Damn

Yep, saw them first in mid '80s, and pretty much every ensuing tour since.

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I've seen many a rock act in my time: Rolling Stones (with the Eagles opening), Paul McCartney, Dylan (several times), Clapton, Neil Young, Springsteen, Patti Smith, Allman Brothers (several times), and lots of others (can you tell how old I am?). I don't go to rock concerts much anymore, and here's why: in the old days, people would stand and applaud when the band came out -- for a minute or two, and then they would sit down and enjoy the concert. Now, they stand when the band comes out and never sit down again. Since half of them are taller than me, I don't see a damn thing -- plus I'm too old to stand for two or three hours straight.

So I mostly go to jazz and classical concerts these days, where people know how to behave (lol). The last rock concert I went to was the Tedeschi/Trucks Band earlier this year. That crowd was well-behaved, and the band was great. This weekend, I'm going to a symphony concert (Dvorak's "New World" Symphony, woo hoo!). I'm excited.
23-01-2014, 04:39 PM
My favorite concert is hands down Marilyn Manson. It was at a small venue, so I was in the thick if the crowd. It was loud, sweaty, amazing fun! Big Grin

Funniest concert moment: went to see SOAD in Chicago, during "Cigaro" someone inflated a huge penis, and tossed it around in the crowd Laugh out load I was up in the nose-bleed section, so didn't get into it as much, but SOAD is one of my favorite bands, so it was still good!
23-01-2014, 05:01 PM
(23-01-2014 04:39 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My favorite concert is hands down Marilyn Manson. It was at a small venue, so I was in the thick if the crowd. It was loud, sweaty, amazing fun! Big Grin

Funniest concert moment: went to see SOAD in Chicago, during "Cigaro" someone inflated a huge penis, and tossed it around in the crowd Laugh out load I was up in the nose-bleed section, so didn't get into it as much, but SOAD is one of my favorite bands, so it was still good!

Sounds great, I'm not a big enough fan of Marilyn Manson to go to a concert, but he does have some great songs and I have it of respect for him.
I may or may not have started a fire at Metalfest... There's a video on YouTube. Ill update this post when find it Evil_monster

If your God can't be bothered to personally reveal himself to me, then I can't be bothered to worship him.
23-01-2014, 05:01 PM
(23-01-2014 04:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've seen many a rock act in my time: Rolling Stones (with the Eagles opening), Paul McCartney, Dylan (several times), Clapton, Neil Young, Springsteen, Patti Smith, Allman Brothers (several times), and lots of others (can you tell how old I am?). I don't go to rock concerts much anymore, and here's why: in the old days, people would stand and applaud when the band came out -- for a minute or two, and then they would sit down and enjoy the concert. Now, they stand when the band comes out and never sit down again. Since half of them are taller than me, I don't see a damn thing -- plus I'm too old to stand for two or three hours straight.

So I mostly go to jazz and classical concerts these days, where people know how to behave (lol). The last rock concert I went to was the Tedeschi/Trucks Band earlier this year. That crowd was well-behaved, and the band was great. This weekend, I'm going to a symphony concert (Dvorak's "New World" Symphony, woo hoo!). I'm excited.

You may be old, but I'm still envious Smile

23-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Last concert I went to was in 2001.

Damn Loud Rock Tour with Disturbed, Drowning Pool, Adema, and Powerman 5000.
The mosh pit was insane!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
23-01-2014, 10:41 PM

This is the video. Doesn't really show much, but you can see Jesse mention the fire that we.. err... Someone started Smile

23-01-2014, 10:59 PM
(23-01-2014 04:38 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I've seen many a rock act in my time: Rolling Stones (with the Eagles opening), Paul McCartney, Dylan (several times), Clapton, Neil Young, Springsteen, Patti Smith, Allman Brothers (several times), and lots of others (can you tell how old I am?). I don't go to rock concerts much anymore, and here's why: in the old days, people would stand and applaud when the band came out -- for a minute or two, and then they would sit down and enjoy the concert. Now, they stand when the band comes out and never sit down again. Since half of them are taller than me, I don't see a damn thing -- plus I'm too old to stand for two or three hours straight.

Oh yeah the allman bros....

Funny but music to me got very boring and I got into jazz.

I love jazz!

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...