Concerts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2014, 12:09 PM
RE: Concerts
The other day I went and saw Our Last Night, The Color Morale and The Word Alive. Two of my close friends had their proposal during the main band's set, was really nice to witness. I crowd surfed multiple times. Had a couple of large friends I got to boost me up (I'm small anyways) and as people carried me to the stage, I felt my pants falling down. Then the funniest thing happened. I felt someone grab my pants and pull them up for me. What a total bro!

Laugh out load

Was so tempted to get in a circle pit too. I just get nervous because very few girls get in the pit, but a lot of girls about my size were in the pit so I was so tempted. Got a couple crowd surfing kicks to the head as well as shoves and punches here and there from the pit.

That was two days ago and I'm still sore. Big Grin

[Image: pBvowKv.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2014, 10:36 PM
(23-11-2014 12:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The other day I went and saw Our Last Night, The Color Morale and The Word Alive. Two of my close friends had their proposal during the main band's set, was really nice to witness. I crowd surfed multiple times. Had a couple of large friends I got to boost me up (I'm small anyways) and as people carried me to the stage, I felt my pants falling down. Then the funniest thing happened. I felt someone grab my pants and pull them up for me. What a total bro!

Laugh out load

Was so tempted to get in a circle pit too. I just get nervous because very few girls get in the pit, but a lot of girls about my size were in the pit so I was so tempted. Got a couple crowd surfing kicks to the head as well as shoves and punches here and there from the pit.

Nice! I've noticed that generally people are easier on girls in the pits though, so you might as well try it. If it gets too rough just jump out Tongue

The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
~Jiddu Krishnamurti
23-11-2014, 10:37 PM
(17-11-2014 07:52 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I am taking my kids to Attila tonight.

Recap - I did not enjoy this concert. I like heavy music, but this was just to much. The kids had fun.

What happened? I'm not a fan of Attila, but I've seen them a few times. Seemed like an okay show

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
24-11-2014, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2014 07:29 AM by wazzel.)
(23-11-2014 12:09 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The other day I went and saw Our Last Night, The Color Morale and The Word Alive. Two of my close friends had their proposal during the main band's set, was really nice to witness. I crowd surfed multiple times. Had a couple of large friends I got to boost me up (I'm small anyways) and as people carried me to the stage, I felt my pants falling down. Then the funniest thing happened. I felt someone grab my pants and pull them up for me. What a total bro!

Laugh out load

My girls get in a have a go. One is almost 5'-8", the other is only 5'-2".

My girls also relate stories of surprisingly good behavior from the crowd. Getting helped up, picking up dropped things, etc.

The Color Moral is one of their favorite bands. We have seen them twice in the past year. Once at HoB in New Orleans and at Warped tour this past summer in Houston.
24-11-2014, 07:27 AM
(23-11-2014 10:37 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 07:52 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I am taking my kids to Attila tonight.

Recap - I did not enjoy this concert. I like heavy music, but this was just to much. The kids had fun.

What happened? I'm not a fan of Attila, but I've seen them a few times. Seemed like an okay show

From a concert point it was just to loud to long for me. All four bands were Attila like and I can only enjoy that type of music in small bites.

From a non-concert point I had some dude about my age try to steal our coats during the concert. The House of Blues in New Orleans has two bars in the venue area for all age shows they do not open the side one so that is where the parents hang. I was standing there with my coat and the coats of all the kids (we had seven in our group, along with 2 other dads). This guy walks up and just starts picking them up. My reaction was "Dude those are not yours!" He put down what he had picked up then started passing his hand over the stuff he did not pick up. My next reaction was "There is noting in this pile that belongs to you!" At that point he started "blessing me" for being there with my kids and walked off.

After the concert I think we almost got mugged. That late at night I like to bring up the rear so I can keep an eye on the kids. We were walking to the car and passed two guys leaning against the wall. Once I passed them they fell in right behind me, like less than a foot and the sidewalk was empty. I turned around and faced them and they backed off. The whole time I am thinking "great I am going to have to fight and I got three kids to watch over". Not sure if they were just messing with me or what, but it was super suspicious.
26-11-2014, 07:01 PM
(24-11-2014 07:27 AM)wazzel Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 10:37 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  What happened? I'm not a fan of Attila, but I've seen them a few times. Seemed like an okay show

From a concert point it was just to loud to long for me. All four bands were Attila like and I can only enjoy that type of music in small bites.

From a non-concert point I had some dude about my age try to steal our coats during the concert. The House of Blues in New Orleans has two bars in the venue area for all age shows they do not open the side one so that is where the parents hang. I was standing there with my coat and the coats of all the kids (we had seven in our group, along with 2 other dads). This guy walks up and just starts picking them up. My reaction was "Dude those are not yours!" He put down what he had picked up then started passing his hand over the stuff he did not pick up. My next reaction was "There is noting in this pile that belongs to you!" At that point he started "blessing me" for being there with my kids and walked off.

After the concert I think we almost got mugged. That late at night I like to bring up the rear so I can keep an eye on the kids. We were walking to the car and passed two guys leaning against the wall. Once I passed them they fell in right behind me, like less than a foot and the sidewalk was empty. I turned around and faced them and they backed off. The whole time I am thinking "great I am going to have to fight and I got three kids to watch over". Not sure if they were just messing with me or what, but it was super suspicious.

That's weird, never had situations like those before. Generally people are really cool at the concerts I go to in Cali.

Looking forward to STYG in December Smile

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
29-11-2014, 01:01 AM
(23-11-2014 10:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Not looking forward to Black Friday but to Blue Friday! Going to see my favorite band at the House of Blues in Dallas. So excited!

[Image: blueoctober.jpg]

Enjoyed it so much that I bought a ticket to go back tonight! Big Grin

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-11-2014, 10:55 PM
(29-11-2014 01:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 10:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Not looking forward to Black Friday but to Blue Friday! Going to see my favorite band at the House of Blues in Dallas. So excited!

[Image: blueoctober.jpg]

Enjoyed it so much that I bought a ticket to go back tonight! Big Grin

Yay Clap

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
30-11-2014, 06:32 AM
(29-11-2014 10:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 01:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Enjoyed it so much that I bought a ticket to go back tonight! Big Grin

Yay Clap

It's official - I am too damned old for two concerts in two days. Undecided

But I enjoyed it tremendously!

My iPod is loaded with their music and their music was with me through all my breast cancer stuff. During tests, in waiting rooms, pre-op, and recovery I was often plugged in. In some ways I owe them for helping me keep my sanity during an insane time. They helped me cope. So cool that I am still around and can go see them live now!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-11-2014, 01:19 PM
(30-11-2014 06:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-11-2014 10:55 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Yay Clap

It's official - I am too damned old for two concerts in two days. Undecided

But I enjoyed it tremendously!

My iPod is loaded with their music and their music was with me through all my breast cancer stuff. During tests, in waiting rooms, pre-op, and recovery I was often plugged in. In some ways I owe them for helping me keep my sanity during an insane time. They helped me cope. So cool that I am still around and can go see them live now!

You're only as old as you show yourself to be! Get out there and have fun, remember, pain is just weakness leaving the body Tongue

~Jiddu Krishnamurti
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post