Confession time.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Confession time.
I can't appreciate anything ironically. I will never be a hipster.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-12-2016, 10:03 PM
(07-12-2016 09:59 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 09:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just Confessed last Saturday and don't want to again so soon Sad

I love llamas.

In the biblical sense? Laughat

Oh Hell no! I've never loved anything in that sense! Laugh out load

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
07-12-2016, 10:04 PM
(07-12-2016 09:58 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-12-2016 09:48 PM)Loom Wrote:  I confess that I talk to myself or my dog when I'm alone.

Sometimes it's good to hear your own thoughts.

Other times it's incredibly awkward when you realize someone was actually in the room adjacent and heard everything.

I talk to my animals all the time. Thumbsup

It's only a problem if they answer you.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
07-12-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm not a huge rock 'n roll fan. Blush Please don't laugh at me. I'm a total musical misfit. When I was a kid and teen everyone was out listening to rock or heavy metal and I was listening to old Big Band music, old standards from the 30's 40's and 50's, Broadway musicals, Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee. Either that or classical music. I hid it from my friends for fear that would laugh at me.

I discovered Barbra Streisand when I was around 15 and bought all her old albums. I love her version of Silent Night. She sang it in June 1967 during a summer concert in Central Park. 135,000 people showed up in the middle of summer for the concert and it was one of the few times that that many people had gathered without rioting or protesting the war so she sang Silent Night as a peace song, not a religious song. That's the backstory to this summer Silent Night song.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
07-12-2016, 10:14 PM
(07-12-2016 10:05 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm not a huge rock 'n roll fan. Blush Please don't laugh at me. I'm a total musical misfit. When I was a kid and teen everyone was out listening to rock or heavy metal and I was listening to old Big Band music, old standards from the 30's 40's and 50's, Broadway musicals, Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee. Either that or classical music. I hid it from my friends for fear that would laugh at me.

I discovered Barbra Streisand when I was around 15 and bought all her old albums. I love her version of Silent Night. She sang it in June 1967 during a summer concert in Central Park. 135,000 people showed up in the middle of summer for the concert and it was one of the few times that that many people had gathered without rioting or protesting the war so she sang Silent Night as a peace song, not a religious song. That's the backstory to this summer Silent Night song.

Ah yes. Nice to hear a nice Jewish girl singing Christmas carols. Facepalm

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-12-2016, 10:19 PM
Confession time.
I like "Gregorian" Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
07-12-2016, 10:25 PM
(07-12-2016 09:30 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I love the song Silent Night.

What's your confession? It can be anything! Okay, maybe not murder. I can't handle that shit right now.

Confess! Angel

I have to confess that I don't much like Silent Night. After Little Drummer Boy and Frosty the Snowman, it's one of my least favorite Christmas songs. I'm a singer and work during the holidays with a Christmas caroling company, so I overdose on Christmas songs.

However, Silent Night is THE most requested carol, and the audience often goes, um, silent while you're singing it. If you have a two hour wandering gig, people will ask for Silent Night about eight or nine times. (Four or five times each: Jingle Bells, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, and O Holy Night, the soprano's nightmare) Silent Night does seem to put many listeners into a very peaceful and happy space, so you are definitely not alone.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
07-12-2016, 10:37 PM
I like the taste of my blood. (I've never tried anyone else's...I wonder if it all tastes the same?)
If I have a cut I like to lick it. Confused

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
07-12-2016, 10:43 PM
I love the Little Drummer Boy.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
07-12-2016, 10:43 PM
This should have been named the "ewwe" thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post