Confusion.... over sexuality. *cringe*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Confusion.... over sexuality. *cringe*
The last couple days I've been off work, college has been cancelled due to icy roads... And i have had a lot of time to think... And one topic, kept buggng me.... My sexuality...

I noticed i am obviously attracted to the female form and the anatomical things that come with females.... So that means i'm straight right?.... Well.... it more complicated than that.... Im not attracted to the male form.... but.... i am... slightly to the more anatomical.... Ok you get where I'm going right?.... Am i Bi?.. i really don't know, i mean i dont like guys, but i like guy parts, and girl parts, and Girls themselves. and.... its a f***ing mess..... What am i? ConfusedConfusedConfused.... should i feel ashamed of these feelings?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-02-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Confusion.... over sexuality. *cringe*
Labels are over-rated.

I wouldn't worry about it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-02-2015, 09:37 PM
(17-02-2015 09:12 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  should i feel ashamed of these feelings?

Societal pressure of people who aren't comfortable with their own sexuality are good at making people feel ashamed for things they don't understand or don't experience themselves.

However, I would say, "Why be ashamed of who you are? Embrace it."

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
17-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Liking women while being fascinated with your own package is natural. Just live, love and make each day of your life worth living...labels just restrict you.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-02-2015, 09:44 PM
(17-02-2015 09:37 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 09:12 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  should i feel ashamed of these feelings?

Societal pressure of people who aren't comfortable with their own sexuality are good at making people feel ashamed for things they don't understand or don't experience themselves.

However, I would say, "Why be ashamed of who you are? Embrace it."

That seems logical enough but, i don't even know what i am....

@Momsurroundedbyboys Its not really the labels im even worried about... (see above)... and hell i don't know where i would go to entertain these feelings either...

Is there anyone with similar experiences? Huh
17-02-2015, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 11:23 PM by cactus.)
I think labels can be important, to help you seek out like-minded individuals who might be able to relay their experiences to you in a new way that helps you to better understand your own feelings (How else would I have found out about "The Thinking Atheist"?)

Sexual attraction is much more nuanced and multi-facteted than just a straight line between gay and straight, with bi in the middle.

People have coined all sorts of terms to (loosely) categorize different types of attraction, for example:

heterosexual: generally attracted to the opposite sex

homosexual: generally attracted to the same sex

bisexual: equally likely to be attracted to the same or the opposite sex

pansexual: your attraction does not depend upon a person's sex or their gender identity/expression.

polysexual: experiencing attraction toward multiple people simultaneously

demisexual: a low level of attraction, or no attraction at all, until you've become more familiar or intimate with someone on a personal level

asexual (I identify most with this one): general lack of sexual attraction toward people, though many asexual people still experience arousal, some have romantic partners, some have fetishes, and some even enjoy the feeling of having sex.

queer: sort of a catch-all term for anyone who identifies as a GSM (Gender and/or Sexuality Minority), though many people still find it as derogatory as "The N Word."

sexual fluidity: Just like with any other preference, your sexual preferences can change over time

...just to name a few (and remember, these are by no means rigid classifications)

Also, the following concepts are distinct from each other, and should not be conflated:

aesthetic attraction = Something that appeals to your senses

sexual attraction = Something which appeals to your brain's sexual desire

romantic attraction = The desire for intimacy or companionship (most of the same qualifiers from sexual attraction are typically applied here: biromantic, aromantic, heteroromantic, etc)

sexual action = physical acts associated with sex, which may or may not coincide with your levels of attraction

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 3 users Like cactus's post
17-02-2015, 10:49 PM
(17-02-2015 10:28 PM)cactus Wrote:  I think labels can be important, to help you seek out like-minded individuals who might be able to relay their experiences to you in a new way that helps you to better understand your own feelings (How else would I have found out about "The Thinking Atheist"?)

Sexual attraction is much more nuanced and multi-facteted than just a straight line between gay and straight, with bi in the middle.

People have coined all sorts of terms to (loosely) categorize different types of attraction, for example:

heterosexual: generally attracted to the opposite sex

homosexual: generally attracted to the same sex

bisexual: equally likely to be attracted to the same or the opposite sex

pansexual: your attraction does not depend upon a person's sex or their gender identity/expression.

polysexual: experiencing attraction toward multiple people simultaneously

demisexual: a low level of attraction, or no attraction at all, until you've become more familiar or intimate with someone on a personal level

asexual (I identify most with this one): general lack of sexual attraction toward people, though many asexual people still experience arousal, some have romantic partners, some have fetishes, and some even enjoy the feeling of having sex.

queer: sort of a catch-all term for anyone who identifies as a GSM (Gender and/or Sexuality Minority), though many people still find it as derogatory as "The N Word."

sexual fluidity: Just like with any other preference, your sexual preferences can change over time

...just to name a few (and remember, these are by no means rigid classifications)

Also, the following concepts are distinct from each other, and should not be conflated:

aesthetic attraction = Something that you find visually or emotionally appealing

sexual attraction = Something that satisfies your libido

romantic attraction = The desire for intimacy or companionship (most of the same qualifiers from sexual attraction are typically applied here: biromantic, aromantic, heteroromantic, etc)

sexual action = physical acts associated with sex, which may or may not coincide with your levels of attraction

That actually helps quite alot. Thanks you very much friend Thumbsup
17-02-2015, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 11:30 PM by cactus.)
(17-02-2015 10:49 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  That actually helps quite alot. Thanks you very much friend Thumbsup

I made a change to how I defined "sexual attraction." Libido actually refers to a desire for the feeling of sexual pleasure. Sexual attraction is a bit harder to describe, without using a circular definition. In the really general, vague sense, it's something that triggers a certain part of your brain to do a certain thing (in this case, releasing chemicals to induce physiological changes and make you feel aroused).

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
18-02-2015, 05:04 AM
This is advice once given to me, and I pass it on no offence intended.

If you want a guy to fuck you in the arse you're gay or bi.

Done.

Edit: Also, watch the entire sexplanations back-catlogue on youtube. I think it will help. Maybe check out Laci Green's channel also.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
18-02-2015, 05:07 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015 05:10 AM by One Above All.)
Those were the same feelings I got before realizing I was bisexual. You may be one too.
EDIT: And no, you should not feel ashamed. All sexual orientations (including the lack of one) are normal and equally valid.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 2 users Like One Above All's post