Confusion.... over sexuality. *cringe*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2015, 11:42 PM
RE: Confusion.... over sexuality. *cringe*
(27-02-2015 02:26 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If I've learned one thing about sex, it's this...if you're not confused about sex, you're not thinking about it enough.

Revel in the confusion. It's very sexy.

Awesome quote! So true. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
28-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Sexuality isn't a clear cut thing. Nobody is ever 100% gay or straight. Think of it as more of a spectrum than one or the other. Peoples sexuality falls somewhere on that spectrum, but rarely pure straight or pure gay. There's a social stigma that encourages you to be one or the other, but it's ok to be attracted to men a little if that's what you're comfortable with.

Just know that converting someones sexuality is virtually impossible. Just as gay conversion "therapy" has never worked, so too has turning someone gay failed. No straight guy has ever walked into a gay bar and thought "Gee, all these gay guys around me is starting to turn me gay". All those scare mongering sermons about the gay agenda and trying to convert others into being gay is pure hogwash.

Best thing is to just be you. If you're slightly attracted to men, then that's ok. You're not obligated to act on those feelings if you don't want to.
[+] 5 users Like jojorumbles's post
28-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Rainbow RE: Confusion.... over sexuality. *cringe*
In my teens/twenties I was bi- sexual.
This was the sixties and such was pretty much taboo.
Feeling a lot of guiltNo I opted for hetero....less complicated.Confused

Essentially sex is sex, along with all the joys, risks, and responsibilities.
Our sexuality is essentially personal, not for the law books.
That said, duty of care and respect of others is a sound dictum.Wink
01-03-2015, 08:03 AM
(28-02-2015 05:09 PM)jojorumbles Wrote:  Sexuality isn't a clear cut thing. Nobody is ever 100% gay or straight. Think of it as more of a spectrum than one or the other. Peoples sexuality falls somewhere on that spectrum, but rarely pure straight or pure gay. There's a social stigma that encourages you to be one or the other, but it's ok to be attracted to men a little if that's what you're comfortable with.

Just know that converting someones sexuality is virtually impossible. Just as gay conversion "therapy" has never worked, so too has turning someone gay failed. No straight guy has ever walked into a gay bar and thought "Gee, all these gay guys around me is starting to turn me gay". All those scare mongering sermons about the gay agenda and trying to convert others into being gay is pure hogwash.

Best thing is to just be you. If you're slightly attracted to men, then that's ok. You're not obligated to act on those feelings if you don't want to.

I think some people ARE 100 percenters...... The odd part about them is that they're either so completely together - and are super-achievers -- or total asshats.....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I'm bi-curious and there's some things that fascinate me about the male body. I'm also attracted to female cross-dressers and people who identify as genderqueer/genderfluid. I'd say it's ok, you may be bisexual, and it's nothing to be ashamed of

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-03-2015, 08:57 AM
I identify as bi. I'm mostly into men. The occasional chick does it for me, I find some women just ridiculously attractive. And I like boobs. Who doesn't? Oh wait, gay men. And hetero women.

Best way to figure it out? Go get laid. Explore the spectrum. You'll figure it out. Nothing to be ashamed of...a few one night stands, no names or numbers, and no regrets.

I should be a life coach. Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
01-03-2015, 09:06 AM
(01-03-2015 08:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think some people ARE 100 percenters......

Or so they say Consider
01-03-2015, 09:20 AM
(17-02-2015 09:12 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  The last couple days I've been off work, college has been cancelled due to icy roads... And i have had a lot of time to think... And one topic, kept buggng me.... My sexuality...

I noticed i am obviously attracted to the female form and the anatomical things that come with females.... So that means i'm straight right?.... Well.... it more complicated than that.... Im not attracted to the male form.... but.... i am... slightly to the more anatomical.... Ok you get where I'm going right?.... Am i Bi?.. i really don't know, i mean i dont like guys, but i like guy parts, and girl parts, and Girls themselves. and.... its a f***ing mess..... What am i? ConfusedConfusedConfused.... should i feel ashamed of these feelings?

I hate that you use the word ashamed. You certainly shouldn't be ashamed.

I am hetero - always have been. But, many years ago there was a female lead singer in a band that was playing at a bar where I worked. I was absolutely mesmerized by her...almost obsessed. I still can't quit explain what the fascination was for me. There was no interaction between us aside from serving them drinks and some small talk. Being drawn to her was a surprise to me but I didn't feel any shame, the attraction was completely organic.

Don't worry about it so much. You don't have to pick a side, you can appreciate the uniqueness and beauty in whoever you want.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-03-2015, 09:28 AM
(17-02-2015 09:44 PM)ResistenceXD0001 Wrote:  
(17-02-2015 09:37 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Societal pressure of people who aren't comfortable with their own sexuality are good at making people feel ashamed for things they don't understand or don't experience themselves.

However, I would say, "Why be ashamed of who you are? Embrace it."

That seems logical enough but, i don't even know what i am....

@Momsurroundedbyboys Its not really the labels im even worried about... (see above)... and hell i don't know where i would go to entertain these feelings either...

Is there anyone with similar experiences? Huh

The thing comes down to "Well, so what ? What are you actually going to do about it ?". So relax. When a situation arises, deal with that situation by doing what's best for you both in the long run. You can't figure it out before the "deal" arises. When it does, THEN figure it out. You'll know what to do then. If you make a mistake, you'll live and learn. You can't plan everything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.