Congratulate me!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Congratulate me!
As some of you may remember, I was in a debate with a theist in my family. That debate ended because it started to get to a point where I was resenting her flip-flopping, lying and misrepresentation. So before we said anything to each other we would really regret, we called it quits. Then, three days later (and the irony isn't lost on me here), she emailed me again asking what my views were on a creator, which I found ridiculous since we had been debating for almost a month and if she didn't know my worldview by then when would she?

So, ultimately I started using sarcasm because I grew tired of the high road, and as they say, ridiculous ideas deserve ridicule. So I asked her point blank why she keeps antagonizing me after we agreed to not debate or discuss this anymore. She said it was because she wanted to know if I would still be able to raise their son, my nephew, if something happened to them, because I am his guardian. That's when she said she felt I wouldn't be able to do it because, here it comes, "you're just a militant atheist."

So there's your context. Smile

Check out my blog: http://www.aisforatheist.blogspot.com It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2014, 04:49 AM
(13-01-2014 07:53 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  As some of you may remember, I was in a debate with a theist in my family. That debate ended because it started to get to a point where I was resenting her flip-flopping, lying and misrepresentation. So before we said anything to each other we would really regret, we called it quits. Then, three days later (and the irony isn't lost on me here), she emailed me again asking what my views were on a creator, which I found ridiculous since we had been debating for almost a month and if she didn't know my worldview by then when would she?

So, ultimately I started using sarcasm because I grew tired of the high road, and as they say, ridiculous ideas deserve ridicule. So I asked her point blank why she keeps antagonizing me after we agreed to not debate or discuss this anymore. She said it was because she wanted to know if I would still be able to raise their son, my nephew, if something happened to them, because I am his guardian. That's when she said she felt I wouldn't be able to do it because, here it comes, "you're just a militant atheist."

So there's your context. Smile

Yes, better watch out that in the unlikely case you become her son's guardian you'll prepare him for a life-long appreciation of science, critical thinking, evolution, cosmology, and all things Carl Sagan.

[Image: sagan.png]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
14-01-2014, 04:56 AM
GZ!

Let's bomb a building or something to celebrate!
Find all posts by this user