RE: Congratulations to Seth ...
Seth makes podcasts? are they any good?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
19-11-2013, 03:39 PM
(19-11-2013 03:32 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Seth makes podcasts? are they any good?

Hughsie posts each one after they are out - shit - we have a forum completely devoted to the podcasts. I don't remember when he started doing that.

Jesusfuck cow - how long you been here? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Well that's nice.

They made a category with only around six people in it, just for Seth.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2013, 03:47 PM
(19-11-2013 03:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well that's nice.

They made a category with only around six people in it, just for Seth.

Ha -yea, that could be true - although, I haven't really perused all atheist material podcasts available. Personally, the only podcast I listen to with regularity is This American Life.

I should probably look into what's out there - I like stuff to listen to on my job. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-11-2013, 04:11 PM
I saw this, and I'm not surprised. Not only is Seth's TTA podcast my only active podcast, it's really the only work with long-lasting appeal I've ever really seen that is about atheism.

I've seen several videos by many people, and they have been great, but a whole bunch of material out there is geared towards "answering questions about atheism" or "this is what is wrong with religion X". but to me..a lifelong atheist, it's mostly "ok, yeah I agree, but I already knew that." When I started listening to Seth just a short while ago with his dogma debate episode, I was like "OK, now this is interesting." Soon after I started going through all of his podcasts..then I decided to take it from the beginning. Right now I'm still catching up, Just listened to the podcast about the Reason Rally in early 2012.

What I like about your show Seth (if you ever get a chance to read this) is that you address people. The point of the show isn't (usually/always), "This is why I'm right!" Which gets boring to me. You keep going back to "These are people, and here are their situations." And that is what I want to hear. I don't care about all the different ways that I'm right. I want to know about others, and what they are going through, and you deliver this in a very clean and inviting format.

So thank you for your fine work Seth. And congratulations on your award. You are the only person who has every convinced me to listen to them on a regular basis.
19-11-2013, 04:22 PM
(19-11-2013 04:11 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I saw this, and I'm not surprised. Not only is Seth's TTA podcast my only active podcast, it's really the only work with long-lasting appeal I've ever really seen that is about atheism.

I've seen several videos by many people, and they have been great, but a whole bunch of material out there is geared towards "answering questions about atheism" or "this is what is wrong with religion X". but to me..a lifelong atheist, it's mostly "ok, yeah I agree, but I already knew that." When I started listening to Seth just a short while ago with his dogma debate episode, I was like "OK, now this is interesting." Soon after I started going through all of his podcasts..then I decided to take it from the beginning. Right now I'm still catching up, Just listened to the podcast about the Reason Rally in early 2012.

What I like about your show Seth (if you ever get a chance to read this) is that you address people. The point of the show isn't (usually/always), "This is why I'm right!" Which gets boring to me. You keep going back to "These are people, and here are their situations." And that is what I want to hear. I don't care about all the different ways that I'm right. I want to know about others, and what they are going through, and you deliver this in a very clean and inviting format.

So thank you for your fine work Seth. And congratulations on your award. You are the only person who has every convinced me to listen to them on a regular basis.

you can send him an email at podcast@thethinkingatheist.com and he will surely read and apreciate it

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
19-11-2013, 04:32 PM
(19-11-2013 03:39 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:32 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Seth makes podcasts? are they any good?

Hughsie posts each one after they are out - shit - we have a forum completely devoted to the podcasts. I don't remember when he started doing that.

not playing with a full team today are we? Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
19-11-2013, 05:25 PM
(19-11-2013 04:32 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:39 PM)kim Wrote:  Hughsie posts each one after they are out - shit - we have a forum completely devoted to the podcasts. I don't remember when he started doing that.

not playing with a full team today are we? Tongue

There's a podcast? Who knew?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-11-2013, 06:34 PM
I would like to be Theth's athithtant. Alath, I have a lithp.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-11-2013, 04:44 AM
(19-11-2013 06:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would like to be Theth's athithtant. Alath, I have a lithp.

Please forgive him ma'am, he has the bonk.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]