Connecticut House passes bill decriminalizing pot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Connecticut House passes bill decriminalizing pot
Gov. Malloy will sign into law
Tuesday, 07 Jun 2011,
Mark Davis

Hartford, Conn. (WTNH) - The House has given final approval to a bill which will decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana. It now heads to Gov. Dannel Malloy, who has said he will sign the bill into law.

It took a tie breaking vote over the weekend in the Senate by Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman to get the decriminalization bill to the House. Opponents in the House made the same arguments against making this move.
Full Article

It's common sense. More revenue, less ER visits to hospital by folks looking for a legal high, inhaling canned air or oven cleaner.
Good move. And it set's a precedent. Now if only the other States would follow through.
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2011, 05:06 PM

RE: Connecticut House passes bill decriminalizing pot
(08-06-2011 04:40 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Gov. Malloy will sign into law
Tuesday, 07 Jun 2011,
Mark Davis

Hartford, Conn. (WTNH) - The House has given final approval to a bill which will decriminalize possession of small amounts of marijuana. It now heads to Gov. Dannel Malloy, who has said he will sign the bill into law.

It took a tie breaking vote over the weekend in the Senate by Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman to get the decriminalization bill to the House. Opponents in the House made the same arguments against making this move.
Full Article

Wow!
It's common sense. More revenue, less ER visits to hospital by folks looking for a legal high, inhaling canned air or oven cleaner.
Good move. And it set's a precedent. Now if only the other States would follow through.
Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah I know, I loved the news but haven't posted here. Hopefully it spreads as the US was the whole reason for the dirty mess of a drug war that marijuana became.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2011, 07:50 PM
They decriminalized it out here in BC Canada for a while once upon a time ago. People opened businesses that were in the marijuana field and then they overturned the ruling. Closing down four stores in vancouver alone and arresting three shop owners, one of whom I had met at a rally once when I was in high school. He was also the leader of the marijuana party in politics.
I don't do any drugs anymore, but I still think they might as well legalize the stuff and make some money off of it. Plus they could regulate it's distribution, making it safer to acquire and use, freeing up some hospital space we desperately need as well as our overcrowded prisons. Also if we started legally farming it it would provide more jobs which we also desperately need.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-06-2011, 01:00 AM
I just find this interesting, how the USA is now decriminalizing and legalizing some sorts of marijuana products, but the rest of the world is not, and the USA is the main and the only guilty party for criminalizing the weed all over the world in the first place. Yeah, thanx a bunch, first have it banned all over the world, then quietly let it back in your state, and let the rest of us f*** around with stupid laws. I'm not really sure what to think of all this, it all smells funny to me.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
17-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Well, hopefully the rest of the world will see this and go why the fuck did we ever listen to those idiots? Pot is decriminalized all over the world because they only had one reason to criminalize it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.