Conplete and utter bitch fit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 08:21 PM by MrsFarrow.)
RE: Conplete and utter bitch fit.
(19-08-2014 06:38 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 09:13 AM)MrsFarrow Wrote:  You'll hear me reference this a lot, so please don't think of me as a debbie downer.

After years of fertility issues and numerous miscarriages with no explanation, we finally got pregnant last year. I was due October 2013. The pregnancy was text book, no hiccups, not even gestational diabetes. Nothing. Our last ultrasound, we found out our son's heart stopped beating. Bleh. Shitty.

Fast forward to now, I'm pregnant with our daughter, due in October again, the 24th ish.

This one is giving me all sorts of trouble. Physically and mentally. I was prepared for the mental aspect, the grief, the guilt, I got it. Totes prepared. Physically, not so much prepared for my body to be a little bitch, but whatever.

Right now I'm having an EXTREMELY hard time not coming out and saying every nasty, cave dwelling, catty thought that comes to my mind, in regards to a certain off shoot of my husband's family. They're super religious, which I can handle. You keep your shit away from mine and we'll be good. And they do, for the most part.

However.

This specific branch of the family, in all their godly glory, couldn't be bothered to come to our son's funeral.

The majority of them live in town. The town in which he's buried.

My coworkers came, they shut down my specific office, managers from other offices in the area came, my husband's coworkers came, my family from Pittsburgh and Maryland came (we're in central PA), even people we went to high school with, people we haven't physically seen in 7 years showed up.

All these people. People who had essentially NO BLOOD TIES to either of us, they all took time off work to come to our son's funeral.

A baby funeral.

And this shitty branch of his family couldn't be bothered to take a half hour out of their day.

A lot of these feelings are exacerbated by his one cousin checking in via Facebook every fucking week. "You ok? How are you doing?" And wishing us "good luck" every time we have an appointment, so every week.

The good luck especially bothers me, like we don't know it's a fucking gamble on whether you get to take your kid home or not. Who the hell do you think you are?

I know he means well, I know a lot of this is me, a lot of it is in my head and I'll have to deal with it, I'm just afraid I'm going to blurt out something insanely obscene and sacrilegious before I'm able to deal appropriately.

I'm also afraid if I essentially tell any of them to mind their business, it's going to start a war of wars and then I'll really not be able to hold my tongue.

UGH.

Hug I'm so sorry you went through this. My son was strangled during my 8th month. I feel your pain.

Congratulations on your daughter. I wish you the best of health.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Shitty club to be in, for sure <3

Edit: that's what happened with our son as well. We didn't find out until after I delivered, my husband almost passed out watching because of that. Looking back, there is a blatant wrap on his 20 week ultrasound. So we're a little bitter, but we've switched providers and there's nothing that can be done. Bleh.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply