Consciousness and QP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: Consciousness and QP
(14-01-2015 11:19 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  FUCKING SERIOUSLY!

For the love of fucking Internet kid, just go fuck off already! I don't know?! Maybe, Go enjoy the Video game or movie section of our forum! Go to the pseudoscience and conspiracy forum and talk about the illuminati or maybe, go visit the music section of our forum.
DO ANYTHING BUT CONTINUE TO POST IN THIS SECTION PLEASE!!! We are getting tired of you and you will be banned soon if ya don't stop it.

Wtf did I do?? Threaten your belief system? Until you refute what I just said. I am correct...until proven incorrect.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 11:28 PM
(14-01-2015 11:17 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  So if I read all that its gonna prove god?

I think I've been missing the point of The Big Bang Theory.

No, nothing about God there. I'm simply stating that a mechanistic universe does not, and can not exist.
14-01-2015, 11:30 PM
(14-01-2015 11:24 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 11:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  tl;dr

Why don’t you just paste the hyperlink to your ground-breaking, peer-reviewed, published, widely-accepted paper so I too may read it?

Wait...there isn’t one? Why not? You really should. You’ll probably recieve the Nobel Prize for Science!

This has all been known for decades. It is not accepted only because modern scientists refuse to accept that consciousness plays any role whatsoever. Which is absurd.

As I said check my sources make sure what I'm saying is correct. Getting angry at me will not do anything.

You are right and all other modern scientists are wrong?
Why didn't you say that in the first place?!
It all makes sense now! They're all afraid you'll make them look like fools.
I think we're done here.
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
14-01-2015, 11:31 PM
(14-01-2015 11:10 PM)pablo Wrote:  tl;dr again
The best that I can tell, you have not explained how consciousness can happen independent of a physical brain.
How do you detect consciousness with or without a brain?
How do you make the jump from human consciousness to a god?
Are you saying that if a god can be imagined then it is real?
Just lay it out there in plain english, someone of your obvious intelligence should be able to convey these ideas in a simple manner.
It either is or it isn't, QP doesn't seem necessary to explain it.
When you overcomplicate the issue with a lot of technical jargon, I tend to suspect you're trying to decieve with bullshit.
You seem to have created an eloborate watchmaker argument.

Pablo, you are completely missing what I am saying. So say I leave QP out then you say "THATS A PURELY IDEOLOGICAL ARGUMENT!!!" I then say ok, I'll throw some hard science (QP) into my argument to back it up and the. You say, "STOP I DONT UNDERSTAND, YOURE DECEIVING ME!!" Neither of which is true.
14-01-2015, 11:33 PM
You so realize that you brought up Schrodinger's wave function approach without actually doing any math with his equation? You also must realize that Heisenburg's matrix approach is equivalent and your argument is even less plausible. It is pretty clear that you need to take some statistical thermodynamics to learn why your argument is without merit. Math or STFU.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
14-01-2015, 11:34 PM
mmhm1234:

You just joined our forum today so please take a moment to our forum rules.

Thank you

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

(14-01-2015 11:25 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 11:22 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Tl dr?? Do you expect an explanation in a couple sentences. You are missing my point completely. There is no jump from "being human" to "being a God". None of what I have presented is speculation. The confusion is because it doesn't match up win your model of the universe...all your questions were answered in there.

As far as "detecting consciousness with or without a brain". What has been discovered, and is beyond speculation, is that consciousness, the act of observing a particle, causes the collapse of the wave function. There is absolutely no certainty unless the particle has been observed. It is superpositioned throughout space-time. The freezing of time by constant observation is the Quantum Zeno Effect. Wave Function collapse is the moment you take your eyes off it--it changes to another, possibly final state. Eyes on--Quantum Zeno Effect; frozen, blink our eyes--wave function collapse, changes to another state.

So, in other words, you can't observe consciousness so you're guessing.

What?? Observe consciousness? No. The double slit experiment confirmed that observation determines the final state of a particle. You ARE consciousness. Ok? Get it?
(14-01-2015 11:26 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 11:19 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  FUCKING SERIOUSLY!

For the love of fucking Internet kid, just go fuck off already! I don't know?! Maybe, Go enjoy the Video game or movie section of our forum! Go to the pseudoscience and conspiracy forum and talk about the illuminati or maybe, go visit the music section of our forum.
DO ANYTHING BUT CONTINUE TO POST IN THIS SECTION PLEASE!!! We are getting tired of you and you will be banned soon if ya don't stop it.

Wtf did I do?? Threaten your belief system? Until you refute what I just said. I am correct...until proven incorrect.

1. No, I am not threatened. I am annoyed.

2. You are shifiting the burden of proof you idiot.

[Image: sagan.jpg]

That which is asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. You have no evidence, therefor, you are wrong until you prove yourself correct.

Stop shifting burden of proof onto those who reject your belief.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
14-01-2015, 11:35 PM
(14-01-2015 11:26 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Wtf did I do?? Threaten your belief system? Until you refute what I just said. I am correct...until proven incorrect.

NO YOU ARE NOT!!!! As a scientist, I am aware of the burden of proof. Math or STFU!!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
14-01-2015, 11:36 PM
(14-01-2015 11:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 11:24 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  This has all been known for decades. It is not accepted only because modern scientists refuse to accept that consciousness plays any role whatsoever. Which is absurd.

As I said check my sources make sure what I'm saying is correct. Getting angry at me will not do anything.

You are right and all other modern scientists are wrong?
Why didn't you say that in the first place?!
It all makes sense now! They're all afraid you'll make them look like fools.
I think we're done here.

No modern scientists are not necessarily 'wrong'. But modern scientists have NO Working definition for what consciousness is...that is a fact. Why?? Because it would obliterate the mechanistic universe they believe in.