Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2015, 10:23 AM
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(13-06-2015 08:36 AM)Ace Wrote:  I call for an evaluation meeting on whether or not we have enough grounds for mom and the other moderators to ban him

Im still waiting for a reply to my most recent post. Your going to ban me? I played your game, i presetned REAL scientific data and you still choose to bury your head in the sand. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Anything that you don't understand about what im saying doesn't mean what i am saying is wrong. There seems to be an error in your lucid comprehension.
13-06-2015, 10:26 AM
(13-06-2015 10:25 AM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Anything that you don't understand about what im saying doesn't mean what i am saying is wrong. There seems to be an error in your lucid comprehension.

Presuppositionalism isn't any more compelling coming from you than it is from religious apologists, friendo.

... this is my signature!
13-06-2015, 10:26 AM
From Bucky's post, these two lines stuck out in my mind.

"You have no clue how smart I think I am."
"Lazy fucker"

I think that pretty much sums up my response.

Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
13-06-2015, 11:02 AM
(13-06-2015 10:25 AM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Anything that you don't understand about what im saying doesn't mean what i am saying is wrong.

It also does not mean that what you are saying is right. Even if you are right, the onus remains upon you to demonstrate that. If you cannot explain your hypothesis in clear English and demonstrate its validity in unambiguous terms, it'll only have value for you.

Speaking of value, suppose for one instant that you are right. So what? What possible use is your hypothesis in the real world?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2015, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 11:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-06-2015 10:23 AM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I presented REAL scientific data and you still choose to bury your head in the sand.

You presented nothing of the sort.
You made claims and then pasted a plagiarized post that had nothing to do with the question at hand.

He's not banable. Just another sad little misinformed nut who thinks he knows something special.

(13-06-2015 10:25 AM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Anything that you don't understand about what im saying doesn't mean what i am saying is wrong. There seems to be an error in your lucid comprehension.

No. You're just dead wrong.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-06-2015, 12:05 PM
I wasn't consciously observing anything while I slept.

While I sleep their is no existence.
13-06-2015, 01:13 PM
"You presented nothing of the sort.
You made claims and then pasted a plagiarized post that had nothing to do with the question at hand."

I plagiarized that whole post? First off, no actually I didn't. Secondly, please find the original post that i somehow plagiarized. You claim what i presented somehow is untrue. How is this so? Are you saying that QM is false? What i presented is fact, and I'm sorry you couldn't understand it. There is no matter, only potentiality-potential electrons, but there is in fact no matter until it is observed. Modern science doesn't like plugging consciousness into the equation because this view of QM entirely refutes the mechanistic universe and makes consciousness the creator of reality, determining where the particles will be, bringing order out of chaos.

It seems to me that you and and many of the people who have been replying to my posts somehow think consciousness exists separate from you, as something that can be found measured and quantified. Well if somehow it is found- who was doing the finding?- CONSCIOUSNESS. Its so simple and yet you can't seem to grasp it. You're calling me a nut and while at the same time providing no real proof to strengthen your side of the debate. I did however provide at least some basis for my claims, you have provided nothing, except "well we think its in the brain, but we're not really sure".

I don't think you truly lucidly comprehend that consciousness does not exist apart from you. Hence you cannot find it. Consciousness is life itself! Our scientific method is incapable of understanding consciousness itself because consciousness cannot be objectified. Even if it could be, those objects are merely probability waves and nothing solid.

Consciousness is a mystery unlikely to be solved by science or philosophy or religion or anything but our own common sense--because it is the essence of existence, the sine qua non of reality.
13-06-2015, 01:15 PM
(13-06-2015 12:05 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I wasn't consciously observing anything while I slept.

While I sleep their is no existence.

these are just cognitive stumbling blocks. If your best argument is to attempt to come up with paradoxes or stupid questions then there is no point in debating with you.
13-06-2015, 01:19 PM
(13-06-2015 01:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  You claim what i presented somehow is untrue. How is this so? Are you saying that QM is false? What i presented is fact, and I'm sorry you couldn't understand it. There is no matter, only potentiality-potential electrons, but there is in fact no matter until it is observed. Modern science doesn't like plugging consciousness into the equation because this view of QM entirely refutes the mechanistic universe and makes consciousness the creator of reality, determining where the particles will be, bringing order out of chaos.

Except that's deepity horseshit.

The particles in a double slit experiment are explicitly not observed. They interfere with themselves anyway. That's the whole point of the experiment. If they did not exist while unobserved they would not be able to interact. Which they do.

You clearly don't understand what you're talking about.

(13-06-2015 01:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  It seems to me that you and and many of the people who have been replying to my posts somehow think consciousness exists separate from you, as something that can be found measured and quantified.

No; that's what you claimed. Please try to keep things straight.

(13-06-2015 01:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Well if somehow it is found- who was doing the finding?- CONSCIOUSNESS. Its so simple and yet you can't seem to grasp it. You're calling me a nut and while at the same time providing no real proof to strengthen your side of the debate. I did however provide at least some basis for my claims, you have provided nothing, except "well we think its in the brain, but we're not really sure".

Do you understand that scientific inquiry begins with no assumptions, and seeks to establish premises?

Whereas the trollercoaster you're driving begins with massive assumptions, and refuses to question them?

Do you see how those are different things?

(13-06-2015 01:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I don't think you truly lucidly comprehend that consciousness does not exist apart from you. Hence you cannot find it. Consciousness is life itself!

Deepity. Called it.

(13-06-2015 01:13 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Our scientific method is incapable of understanding consciousness itself because consciousness cannot be objectified. Even if it could be, those objects are merely probability waves and nothing solid.

Consciousness is a mystery unlikely to be solved by science or philosophy or religion or anything but our own common sense--because it is the essence of existence, the sine qua non of reality.

If something is definitionally incomprehensible then it's utterly irrelevant.

So... is there a point to your petulant rambling besides self-congratulatory masturbation?

... this is my signature!