Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2015, 10:29 PM
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
«The universe is obviously an artifact of an eternal thing-consciousness. Nothing will not create s thing, no ifs ands or buts. You can't get one free miracle and then explain the rest.»

If I traduce your reply to my questions in a more intelligible manner, you are saying that the universe is obviously created by an eternal thing that is conscious. Nothing will never create a thing out of emptiness. The universe cannot pop into existence unless it's miraculous. It must have been created by an eternal thing.

If that's correct, let me ask you the following questions.

1) What makes you say that matter, energy, time and/or space aren't eternal? We know the observable universe has a beginning in the form of an «Inflation» followed by a «Big Bang» like expansion that unfolded time and space and allowed energy to become matter, but we have no idea if it existed in another form prior to that event. While we have no proofs that it was the case, the idea that our observable universe is just a fleeting moment in the eternal chaotic ballet of the universe is a distinct possibility. In resume it's possible that the universe always was and will always be in a state or another, is devoid of purpose, superior consciousness or sense of order. Thus it doesn't need a creator or creating force.

2) Why would the conscious creator thing be eternal? It could have created the universe then die sometime after or even died in the process. These kind of thing happens in nature like stars going nova and producing massive amount of radiations and particles, insect dying after mating or female dying while giving birth. It used to happen to a solid third of the female population in the past. Why not this conscious thing?

3) Why would the creator thing need to be conscious? Stars are responsible for the creations of planets and even life, but they aren't conscious they are giant nuclear reactor. Thus incredible things can be created by unconscious thing and these things aren't eternal either.

I remind you, you hold an extraordinary claim. You thus need to be very convincing about it and have very solid proofs that it can ONLY be this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
13-06-2015, 10:30 PM
(13-06-2015 09:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 09:02 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Why can't we get a decent theist here that wants to have an honest discussion? All we get are lying, presupposing bullshit artists.

We used to get decent ones but now they've been deconverted.

The only ones left are the padded-cell brigade.

At the deconversion rate currently happening in The US of Murika, you'll have to start importing some from the middle east or you'll have no chew toys at all.

Wink

I guess I've grown weary of hearing/reading the same tired, debunked arguments over and over and over and over. The same fallacies. The same lies. The same presuppositions. The same goalpost shifting. The same mental gymnastics.

I guess its a good thing I'm not the mod cause I'd be swatting these trolls like gnats.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
13-06-2015, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2015 06:40 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(13-06-2015 08:25 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Wow! so angry!
(13-06-2015 08:15 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  ... why do you even give a fuck you stupid little piece of shitLaugh out load??
RolleyesRolleyes

That's not a refutation of my points asshole. Prove a single thing of what I quoted or shut up. I'm not angry that you don't know what a theory is, what QM is, how the burden of proof works, or that you falsely think a soul exists. I'm swearing at you because you deserve to be, you don't get to come in here lie through your teeth and then when called out on your bullshit play these evasive little "you're so angry" distractions RIGHT AFTER you call someone a stupid piece of shit. If this is all you got, and I'm sure it is, then your so far beneath us it stops being funny.

Prove your shit or fuck off someplace else.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
13-06-2015, 11:03 PM
(13-06-2015 08:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(13-06-2015 05:02 PM)epronovost Wrote:  I think you are confused about the proper usage of consciousness. You should consider using the proper ones before making extraordinary claim about it without a shred of evidence to support it. You still have been incapable to present answers to the most basic questions about your (kinda crazy) hypothesis.

1) What is consciousness?
2) What can be conscious without a brain?
3) Why is it eternal?
4) How do you know it is?
5) How does it create matter and organise it?
6) What is the difference between detecting matter, observing matter interact, creating matter?

The universe is obviously an artifact of an eternal thing-consciousness. Nothing will not create s thing, no ifs ands or buts. You can't get one free miracle and then explain the rest.
You were given 6 questions, chose to answer 0 of them and then made up some dumbshit assertions, in terrible typing, with no basis, backing, or evidence. You're dishonest and a lier.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
13-06-2015, 11:13 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 11:29 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(13-06-2015 08:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Hey man, thanks for that VERY long reply. It seems i hit home deep and really stirred an inner fire inside you.
It took me less then 4 minutes to write, on my phone, while eating. I have more then enough experience dealing with dumbcunts of your ineptitude I could handle you in my sleep.

(13-06-2015 08:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  If its any consolation I read a total of two lines of your well thought out and long winded reply.
Your operating under the assumption I wrote to you for your benefit. It was not. Your too stupid to grasp even the basics of this conversation and you just admitted to being to much of a cowardly stain to even read dissenting opinions. I'll continue to correct your lack of knowledge for the benefit of the people that lurk here. You're irrelevant.

(13-06-2015 08:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  LOL you're a dumb assLaughat
You are so stupid you can't even recognize stupidity in other people. You make a bunch of claims you know are lies, someone takes the time to respond, refute, and correct your lies and lack of scientific knowledge, and you don't even have the courage to respond to your entire arguments destruction and you think it's the OTHER guy who is the dumb ass.

As it stands your entire defense has been to not address you arguments utter annihilation and just call people names. If that's a victory you wanna claim you go right ahead, the rest of us will be at the adults table.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
13-06-2015, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2015 11:45 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(13-06-2015 08:40 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I don't need a burden of proof. I know I exist.
Maybe you should actually read peoples responses so you don't look like a fucking idiot. That you exist was not objected to you illiterate fuck. You do have a burden of proof to demonstrate that a soul is a real thing, you do have a burden of proof to demonstrate that you or anyone else existed before being born, you have a burden of proof for every stupid thing you said in what I quoted but you won't provide any of proof because you KNOW you don't have any.

You have a burden of proof for your whack-a-do claims and you know it. Go fuck yourself kid.

(13-06-2015 08:40 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  If you claim i don't exist and am the result of some spooky processes in the brain...
Think. Then type. Think. Then type. THINK. THEN TYPE.
How in the fuck can I say that you do not exist but do exist as a result of natural processes? How are you that fucking stupid. First off I never said you did not exist so pull your head outta your ass and quit making up shit.

(13-06-2015 08:40 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  that science doesn't understand....
Already explained that it does understand it to the point we can make repeatable and predictable modifications to consciousness by effecting the brain in various ways , so feel free to not be a dishonest cock sucker at any point.

(13-06-2015 08:40 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  ... the burden of proof is on you
I asked you to provide your evidence first so have at it asshole.

(13-06-2015 08:40 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  ... i have never seen any evidence indicating that the brain creates consciousness.
Provide the evidence, testable and demonstrable, that you have seen to make you claim that it comes from whatever woo you think it does. I bet there is none.Drinking Beverage

13-06-2015, 11:35 PM
My brain hurts.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 12:02 AM
(13-06-2015 11:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My brain hurts.

At work.

At least if your brain hurts.... that's a clear sign of consciousness, right? ( >_> )
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
14-06-2015, 12:50 AM
Therefore-UNIVERSE!!!!

I am GOD! I create the universe with my mind!

Now give me 10% of your wage.

Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-06-2015, 02:08 AM
(14-06-2015 12:50 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Therefore-UNIVERSE!!!!

I am GOD! I create the universe with my mind!

Now give me 10% of your wage.

Wink

If you're God, you can just take it... right? If you don't, it means you don't want it Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post