Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 07:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 07:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(12-06-2015 07:21 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Answer this simple question: how can you be certain anything exists unless it is perceived as such by consciousness? HOW?? This is irrefutable nothing you can say can refute that simple statement. Reality itself is 100% a construct of consciousness. What meaning does the term 'reality' have in regards to a system or universe where consciousness is non existent? How would such a universe exist when no observer was there to be certain it exists. you know I got you on this one buddy. Know I'll sit back and watch you fumble up a response that alludes my question.

It's "eludes" not "alludes" you idiot. You need to learn to keep your tenses straight. You "got" nobody on nuthin', just proved you are incapable of critical thinking, bud.
It's "Now I'll sit back" ... your question is meaningless. We have EVIDENCE for what happened in the past NOW. There was no consciousness before it EVOLVED, and no EVIDENCE for anything you CLAIM. You must provide EVIDENCE for your claim, not ask idiotic questions. So far, you have NO EVIDENCE, only impotent preposterous meaningless claims.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2015, 07:31 PM
So you claim. Too bad for you we know scientifically the elements necessary for consciousness and every one of them is material. There is no woo god consciousness watching anything. But thanks for demonstrating you know nothing about science.
[/quote]

That whole statement is so full of ignorance I find it astounding you call yourself scientific. So please, Mr. Buckyball, enlighten me as to what chemical formula consciousness is made if. Is it 50% carbon 40% oxygen and 10% hydrogen?? Enlighten me. You are full of shit and you know it. Science has no idea what consciousness is, I can tell you one thing though, the whole idea of science is only a 'thing' because of consciousness. No consciousness = no data, research, experiments etc.
12-06-2015, 07:36 PM
It's "eludes" not "alludes" you idiot. You need to learn to keep your tenses straight.
It's "Now I'll sit back" ... your question is meaningless. We have EVIDENCE for what happened in the past NOW. There was no consciousness before it EVOLVED, and no EVIDENCE for anything you CLAIM. You must provide EVIDENCE for your claim, not ask idiotic questions. So far, you have NO EVIDENCE, only impotent preposterous meaningless claims.
[/quote]

I knew it would come to this you getting all nit-picky and defensive because you have no solid argument to refute my statement.

"We have EVIDENCE for what happened in the past NOW. There was no consciousness before it EVOLVED" no, there is no way to very this. As you said, I want EVIDENCE that consciousness didn't exist, you have provided none.

Impotent preposterous and meaningless claims? What I have said is still 100% true. Calling it preposterous doesn't make it any less true.

So I'll ask you again: what exactly would this universe devoid of consciousness be like? Where would it appear? How would we ever be certain it exists?
12-06-2015, 07:37 PM
(12-06-2015 07:31 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  That whole statement is so full of ignorance I find it astounding you call yourself scientific. So please, Mr. Buckyball, enlighten me as to what chemical formula consciousness is made if. Is it 50% carbon 40% oxygen and 10% hydrogen?? Enlighten me. You are full of shit and you know it. Science has no idea what consciousness is, I can tell you one thing though, the whole idea of science is only a 'thing' because of consciousness. No consciousness = no data, research, experiments etc.

See that -10 by your name ? It means something, fool.
It's not my job to teach you science, you childish idiot.
Just go out and play and tell yourself "Jebus done it".
That's about all you are able to comprehend, obviously.

Just like all the insane nut-jobs who come here, you think you stumbled onto something special. You didn't. Get over it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-06-2015, 07:38 PM
(12-06-2015 07:07 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Your incredulity is not an argument. Try harder.

Please specify
[/quote]

(12-06-2015 06:56 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I have a hard time subscribing to the view that consciousness is the result of mundane electro chemical processes.

You are incredulous; so what?

Quote:This is merely a theory not fact.

It is a fact that consciousness has never been observed anywhere but in brains full of "mundane electro chemical processes".

Quote:To claim that consciousness isn't necessary in my mind is absurd, especially because such a view is coming from a conscious sentient being, the statement is almost non-sequitur.

Why is it absurd? Billions of years passed with no consciousness and yet things happened.

Quote:You cannot possibly eliminate the conscious observer from any system and by any means know it is there, or it has happened, and so on. There is no way around this. The conscious observer is the single undeniable repeatable thing which is present in each experiment, each piece of data, each and everything that you are aware of.the conscious observer is always the single common element to each and every thing known.

So, if everyone on Earth dies, the universe ceases to exist? Consider

Quote:If you try to eliminate consciousness from the system, even a hypothetical one, nothing happens; you don't even know nothing happens.

Certainty is a perception, it can only be alluding to a conscious observer. Without consciousness there is no certainty.

"Certainty is a perception"? What does that even mean?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
12-06-2015, 07:40 PM
(12-06-2015 07:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  So I'll ask you again: what exactly would this universe devoid of consciousness be like? Where would it appear? How would we ever be certain it exists?

It would be whatever it would be. Your question is basically an irrelevant tautology.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tautolog...8&oe=utf-8
Learn some logic and some science.
You got nothing you fool.

12-06-2015, 07:41 PM
See that -10 by your name ? It means something, fool.
It's not my job to teach you science, you childish idiot.
Just go out and play and tell yourself "Jebus done it".
That's about all you are able to comprehend, obviously.

Just like all the insane nut-jobs who come here, you think you stumbled onto something special. You didn't. Get over it.
[/quote]

That negative 10 by my name is a sign I'm shaking up the status quo, and it's making you very uncomfortable. You are merely getting angry and shouting and crying like a four year old.

I guess I won this argument. well that was easy. Since you obviously have no idea how to answer my question in a way that supports your atheistic, materialistic worldview, in turn causing you to get angry and avoid answering my question. Also, when did I ever mention Jesus.
12-06-2015, 07:44 PM
"Certainty is a perception"? What does that even mean?
[/quote]

The perception of being certain or knowing something exists can only elude to an observer. Certainty has no meaning without consciousness. A universe without consciousness we obviously have no way of knowing exists
12-06-2015, 07:47 PM
(12-06-2015 07:41 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  That negative 10 by my name is a sign I'm shaking up the status quo, and it's making you very uncomfortable. You are merely getting angry and shouting and crying like a four year old.

I guess I won this argument. well that was easy. Since you obviously have no idea how to answer my question in a way that supports your atheistic, materialistic worldview, in turn causing you to get angry and avoid answering my question. Also, when did I ever mention Jesus you stupid twat.

You just keep telling yourself that, and run along outside and play, child.
You have not a shred of evidence for anything you imply or claim.
No one is angry. Anger is wasted on fools like you. You're a dime a dozen.
People who need to claim they won something when they haven't even begun to make an argument are not only fools, but very very insecure fools, who *need* to tell themselves they are right, as somehow they know they're full of shit, and can't handle that fact. You ARE full of shit. You are incapable of disturbing any "status quo". You're an impotent feeble-minded uneducated twit.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-06-2015, 07:47 PM
At work.

Why does all the strangeness happen when I can't play. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post