Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2015, 09:37 PM
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(14-06-2015 09:34 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 07:06 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Considering it utterly refutes your entire assertion he does not need a better one shithead.

You mad?

I cannot answer for other posters, but you are clearly not answering the hard questions being asked of you. You waffle on about nonsense and expect to be taken seriously. This is NOT going to happen.

Worthless unproven assertions are simply that, worthless. And that is all you have given us.

If you think arguing in this manner will gain you points you must be delusional.

Just sayin'.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 09:39 PM
(14-06-2015 09:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Sorry, I can't answer all of your replies, I don't have that kind of time. It has been an interesting debate, I don't think either side has presented irrefutable evidence (even though you may think you have).

It is for you to prove your assertions. Not for us to disprove them. This is basics.

Does this mean you are leaving???? If so. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2015 09:57 PM by mmhm1234.)
(14-06-2015 09:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 09:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Sorry, I can't answer all of your replies, I don't have that kind of time. It has been an interesting debate, I don't think either side has presented irrefutable evidence (even though you may think you have).

It is for you to prove your assertions. Not for us to disprove them. This is basics.

So you are saying that you have no assertions? Claiming the brain creates consciousness is up to you to prove (which you haven't even remotely done) as far as I'm concerned the brain is merely the mechanism consciousness uses to create the human perception, it is purely the tool used to perceive events in this universe, a carbon-based sense organ designed to perceive carbon-based reality. The brain itself is merely another construct of consciousness. Claiming the universe came from nothingness is up to you to prove. Claiming the universe would exist without consciousness (which is entirely contrary to our experience of this universe as conscious sentient beings) is up to you to prove. Nice try though, those are all bold claims, and the burden of proof is on science too.

I don't see why plugging consciousness into the equation is unscientific, it might eventually be necessary in unraveling the mysteries of the universe - which is the point of science, atheism is not the point of science. Science has not shown how, who, or what created the universe so there are only two options, neither of which has been proven to be correct or incorrect #1 the universe magically popped into existence out of nothing ( the old give me one miracle and I'll explain the rest trick) or #2 it had a creator - a conscious creator
14-06-2015, 10:25 PM
(14-06-2015 09:50 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  as far as I'm concerned the brain is merely the mechanism consciousness uses to create the human perception, it is purely the tool used to perceive events in this universe, a carbon-based sense organ designed to perceive carbon-based reality. The brain itself is merely another construct of consciousness.

THIS my friend is your assertion. I have made none. I simply asked you to prove yours.

The ball is in YOUR court. You made the above assertion. Now, what proof do you have to support it?

Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
14-06-2015, 11:13 PM
(14-06-2015 09:50 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 09:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It is for you to prove your assertions. Not for us to disprove them. This is basics.

So you are saying that you have no assertions? Claiming the brain creates consciousness is up to you to prove (which you haven't even remotely done) as far as I'm concerned the brain is merely the mechanism consciousness uses to create the human perception, it is purely the tool used to perceive events in this universe, a carbon-based sense organ designed to perceive carbon-based reality. The brain itself is merely another construct of consciousness. Claiming the universe came from nothingness is up to you to prove. Claiming the universe would exist without consciousness (which is entirely contrary to our experience of this universe as conscious sentient beings) is up to you to prove. Nice try though, those are all bold claims, and the burden of proof is on science too.

I don't see why plugging consciousness into the equation is unscientific, it might eventually be necessary in unraveling the mysteries of the universe - which is the point of science, atheism is not the point of science. Science has not shown how, who, or what created the universe so there are only two options, neither of which has been proven to be correct or incorrect #1 the universe magically popped into existence out of nothing ( the old give me one miracle and I'll explain the rest trick) or #2 it had a creator - a conscious creator

So everybody has to prove their assertions, thoughts, ideas, or hypotheses...

but you don't have to prove your claims?

Are you a 5 year old?
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
14-06-2015, 11:31 PM
Not at work. Banana_zorro

(14-06-2015 09:50 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  So you are saying that you have no assertions? Claiming the brain creates consciousness is up to you to prove (which you haven't even remotely done) as far as I'm concerned the brain is merely the mechanism consciousness uses to create the human perception, it is purely the tool used to perceive events in this universe, a carbon-based sense organ designed to perceive carbon-based reality. The brain itself is merely another construct of consciousness. Claiming the universe came from nothingness is up to you to prove. Claiming the universe would exist without consciousness (which is entirely contrary to our experience of this universe as conscious sentient beings) is up to you to prove. Nice try though, those are all bold claims, and the burden of proof is on science too.

So! In regards to the "Beginning of reality' we can quite honestly and justifiably go for a third option... which is,

"We don't know yet."

Followed by,

"We are looking/thinking/experimenting about the question."

Now, as for consciousness and reality.

Your position is (and I'm trying to both start from a clean slate as well as get your ideas right) that?

a) All consciousness' create realty?

b) 'A' consciousness creates reality?

c) Something else that I'm not quite understanding?

Much cheers to all.
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
14-06-2015, 11:42 PM

Thank you for your contribution to the discussion.

Keeping an open mind I read the previous pages with interest.

On one side: Centuries of hard-won philosophical and scientific knowledge and on the other side: A magic substance.

Hard to decide who is winning.

Consider

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
14-06-2015, 11:48 PM
(14-06-2015 09:34 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 07:06 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Considering it utterly refutes your entire assertion he does not need a better one shithead.

You mad?
No, but that's irrelevant as my temperament has nothing to do with the fact your a demonstrated shithead. That's also not a refutation...you absolute shithead. Drinking Beverage

(14-06-2015 09:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Sorry, I can't answer all of your replies, I don't have that kind of time.
It's not time you lack but evidence, which is why you refuse to supply any despite being asked dozens of times by almost everyone here.

20+ pages in and you have not said a single thing of worth as it's all of it either ignorance (what a theory is, how QM works and so on) or brainless, infantile, lying assertions. After that many pages you should have accidentally said something of value but you couldn't even manage to be half right on accident.

(14-06-2015 09:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  It has been an interesting debate....
It's cute that you think this was a debate and not the multiperson execution of your blither ideas that it actually was. A lunatic yammering his delusions at an audience and ignoring the entire destruction of said delusions is not a debate.

(14-06-2015 09:35 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  I don't think either side has presented irrefutable evidence (even though you may think you have).
Well seeing as how you have provided exactly zero fucking evidence of ANY kind at all and the fact that we are NOT required to present any evidence to disprove an unproven ASSERTION you are, in a extremely stupid way, half right. No one has provided evidence but only you were required to.

You may go now.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
14-06-2015, 11:53 PM
(14-06-2015 09:50 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 09:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It is for you to prove your assertions. Not for us to disprove them. This is basics.

So ...many...logical fallacies ..... Goddamn you are bad at this kid, you need to spend some time on Rationalwiki learning how to think and talk without so many basic, BASIC, fucking holes in your logic.

It's sad. Please stop. For the Children?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-06-2015, 12:11 AM
This guy has the perfect skill set to be the next big Christian apologist.

Only if that were a compliment and not proper grounds for castration by infinite crotch kicks.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post