Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(14-06-2015 09:34 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 07:06 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Considering it utterly refutes your entire assertion he does not need a better one shithead.

You mad?

..... is not an argument. "Doing" that simply proves you cannot even really discuss the issue YOU think you tried to raise in the OP.

Go get an education, and try again when you learn some real science.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-06-2015, 05:42 AM
Considering, you haven't even define your key terms like consciousness, create and universe, you didn't have any debate. You made a hypothesis. Presented the foundation of your ideas. You were questionned on it and on it's foundation. People presented potential flaws in your understanding of the foundation of your ideas, confusion and conflation in terms, other hypthesis and theory equaly valid or with more solid proofs. You exposed your theory again and again and demended absolute proofs to be presented to you that other hypothesis and theory were indeed exact. You refused to accept the said proof on unknown ground and avoided to make the same exercice with the yours. Next time you may want to start on one on one.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
15-06-2015, 06:23 AM
(14-06-2015 11:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 09:50 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  So you are saying that you have no assertions? Claiming the brain creates consciousness is up to you to prove (which you haven't even remotely done) as far as I'm concerned the brain is merely the mechanism consciousness uses to create the human perception, it is purely the tool used to perceive events in this universe, a carbon-based sense organ designed to perceive carbon-based reality. The brain itself is merely another construct of consciousness. Claiming the universe came from nothingness is up to you to prove. Claiming the universe would exist without consciousness (which is entirely contrary to our experience of this universe as conscious sentient beings) is up to you to prove. Nice try though, those are all bold claims, and the burden of proof is on science too.

I don't see why plugging consciousness into the equation is unscientific, it might eventually be necessary in unraveling the mysteries of the universe - which is the point of science, atheism is not the point of science. Science has not shown how, who, or what created the universe so there are only two options, neither of which has been proven to be correct or incorrect #1 the universe magically popped into existence out of nothing ( the old give me one miracle and I'll explain the rest trick) or #2 it had a creator - a conscious creator

So everybody has to prove their assertions, thoughts, ideas, or hypotheses...

but you don't have to prove your claims?

Are you a 5 year old?

Right back at ya
15-06-2015, 06:49 AM
(15-06-2015 06:23 AM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 11:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  So everybody has to prove their assertions, thoughts, ideas, or hypotheses...

Are you a 5 year old?

Right back at ya

You are an abject coward.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-06-2015, 06:58 AM
(15-06-2015 06:23 AM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 11:13 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  So everybody has to prove their assertions, thoughts, ideas, or hypotheses...

Are you a 5 year old?

Right back at ya

That was lazy and childish. You need to try a lot harder. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Seeing as though the OP has earned nothing but contempt from the members here, what possible good could his assertions do? Does one not notice a lost cause?

If not and this is just to annoy us, the idiot should be banned and his ip blocked.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
15-06-2015, 07:37 AM
@Banjo

I wouldn’t recommend to be ban him. He didn't spam the board (yet) and didn't fell into hate speech. He could learn some manners, but then again so could we all at one point or another. He is stubborn and refuses to clearly identify is hypothesis so that he doesn't have to demonstrate it, but I think a formal debate with a member of our community (if I may include myself in that group) would do him some good since that would force him to answer to a single post instead of choosing the ones that are easier to reply to (he mostly relies to insults and not to questions and avoided like plague the only person on this thread who seems to have more than basic knowledge about Quantum Mechanic). His usage of the last stratagem of Arthur Schopenhauer (and a few others) gives him a big edge in an open discussion like this.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
15-06-2015, 07:44 AM
(15-06-2015 07:37 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Banjo

I wouldn’t recommend to be ban him. He didn't spam the board (yet) and didn't fell into hate speech. He could learn some manners, but then again so could we all at one point or another. He is stubborn and refuses to clearly identify is hypothesis so that he doesn't have to demonstrate it, but I think a formal debate with a member of our community (if I may include myself in that group) would do him some good since that would force him to answer to a single post instead of choosing the ones that are easier to reply to (he mostly relies to insults and not to questions and avoided like plague the only person on this thread who seems to have more than basic knowledge about Quantum Mechanic). His usage of the last stratagem of Arthur Schopenhauer (and a few others) gives him a big edge in an open discussion like this.

But if his reason is to annoy us...???

You know what though, I read Shopenhaur 30 years ago and do not recognise it in him. Mind you, I lived on stage for over 30 years with the riders to go with it. I am lucky to remember my name....Dale, or some such. Rhymes with whale.

So what do I know?

Banjo.
15-06-2015, 08:17 AM
(15-06-2015 07:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 07:37 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Banjo

But if his reason is to annoy us...???

You know what though, I read Shopenhaur 30 years ago and do not recognise it in him. Mind you, I lived on stage for over 30 years with the riders to go with it. I am lucky to remember my name....Dale, or some such. Rhymes with whale.

So what do I know?

His "reason" is very similar to all the other "nuts 'du jour' " who think because we reject religion, and have views that are non-mainline, we will accept any old bullshit, yet another YouTube crazy cooks up. No one else will have them, so they come here. They are useful though. Most of the the traffic here is from passing "guests". They read these things and some probably learn a thing or two about dealing with crazies in the real world. It's full of 'em.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-06-2015, 08:23 AM
(15-06-2015 07:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You know what though, I read Shopenhaur 30 years ago and do not recognise it in him. Mind you, I lived on stage for over 30 years with the riders to go with it. I am lucky to remember my name....Dale, or some such. Rhymes with whale.

So what do I know?

Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll? There are worse ways to live. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post