Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2015, 08:24 AM
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(15-06-2015 07:37 AM)epronovost Wrote:  @Banjo

I wouldn’t recommend to be ban him. He didn't spam the board (yet) and didn't fell into hate speech. He could learn some manners, but then again so could we all at one point or another. He is stubborn and refuses to clearly identify is hypothesis so that he doesn't have to demonstrate it, but I think a formal debate with a member of our community (if I may include myself in that group) would do him some good since that would force him to answer to a single post instead of choosing the ones that are easier to reply to (he mostly relies to insults and not to questions and avoided like plague the only person on this thread who seems to have more than basic knowledge about Quantum Mechanic). His usage of the last stratagem of Arthur Schopenhauer (and a few others) gives him a big edge in an open discussion like this.

I don't know if that would be productive. This is unintelligible woo. He refuses to admit he could be wrong, and refuses to substantiate his claims. This is not someone I would debate because it is just too incoherent. I might of provided with a sufficient amount of booze, but not before. Then perhaps it might be more even.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
15-06-2015, 08:34 AM
I was willing to give the OP the benefit of the doubt, but his responses here indicate the purpose of his presence. Dodgy

Only considered the subject matter 'cause I just got a kindle unlimited account and my brain is all full of sci-fi and stuff. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-06-2015, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 08:45 AM by epronovost.)
@Banjo

Here is a short list of the stratagem he used on this thread. He might have used some more.

Stratagem III (when he was presented with proofs that he might be wrong), Stratagem VIII (to get out of a tight spot or when he is asked questions), Stratagem XIII (to force us between a universe created out of nothing which sound ridiculous and a universe created by a conscious creator ignoring the dozens of other options), Stratagem XVII (when he is presented proofs that consciousness is a product of the brain), Stratagem XXI (when he is asked to present proofs or when someone uses sarcasm to undertone his errors), Stratagem XXVI (when he uses his personal opinion on our arguments to defeat them), Stratagem XXVII (when he uses angry response has a proof of weakness of that persons arguments), Ultimate Stratagem (when he is pressed to heavily to demonstrate something or to reply to a question with no answers).

If he is here just to troll us, he will refuse to have a formal debate on this forum with a person of our choice to defend our side. If he accept, he is honest and can stay and we can see how he holds up. If he refuses, he was trying to troll us and then we can start considering a ban.

@natachan

The good thing with formal debate is that he will be forced to present evidences and define his terms. Plus, he may have a limited amount of post to do so. So he cannot drag his arguments and shift a little bit his position if it became unstable.
15-06-2015, 08:38 AM
(15-06-2015 08:23 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 07:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You know what though, I read Shopenhaur 30 years ago and do not recognise it in him. Mind you, I lived on stage for over 30 years with the riders to go with it. I am lucky to remember my name....Dale, or some such. Rhymes with whale.

So what do I know?

Sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll? There are worse ways to live. Big Grin

True.

However I like to consider myself a jazz player.

Mind you jazz does not pay. So I sold out and played rock and funk and RnB. Wink

But OH the women. Why women love idiots on stage is beyond me.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-06-2015, 08:44 AM
(15-06-2015 08:36 AM)epronovost Wrote:  If he refuses, he was trying to troll us and then we can start considering a ban.

Ya hafta have an avatar to suggest a ban. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-06-2015, 08:45 AM
(15-06-2015 08:44 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-06-2015 08:36 AM)epronovost Wrote:  If he refuses, he was trying to troll us and then we can start considering a ban.

Ya hafta have an avatar to suggest a ban. Tongue

I have an avatar! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.