Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(12-06-2015 07:47 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Why does all the strangeness happen when I can't play. Sad

Another breakout from the insane asylum.
He's suffering from a very common mental disorder we often see :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2...ger_effect

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-06-2015, 07:53 PM
(12-06-2015 07:44 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  "Certainty is a perception"? What does that even mean?

The perception of being certain or knowing something exists can only elude to an observer. Certainty has no meaning without consciousness. A universe without consciousness we obviously have no way of knowing exists
[/quote]

So? An unconscious universe can still exist, nothing prevents that.

And what does "can only elude to an observer" mean?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Another person with repeat threads of the same blank assertions and delusions of grandeur. How quaint, so very new and unusual huh.

I can't imagine things are such as way so I'll make certain it's a case. Especially by degrading what I deem to be menial and hyping up what I deem to be fantastical because that already fits my biased perception. Well done. That is how your case comes across.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-06-2015, 07:55 PM
(12-06-2015 07:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  And what does "can only elude to an observer" mean?

He has no clue. It means nothing, just like the rest of his crap. He can only allude to having a brain. Weeping He thinks if he uses big words it makes him sound intelligent. I suspect he's about 11.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
12-06-2015, 07:56 PM
You just keep telling yourself that, and run along outside and play, child.
You have not a shred of evidence for anything you imply or claim.
No one is angry. Anger is wasted on fools like you. You're a dime a dozen.
People who need to claim they won something when they haven't even begun to make an argument are not only fools, but very very insecure fools, who *need* to tell themselves they are right, as somehow they know they're full of shit, and can't handle that fact. You ARE full of shit. You are incapable of disturbing any "status quo". You're an impotent feeble-minded uneducated twit.
[/quote]

You still didn't answer MY question, apparently a child has outwitted you with a simple question.

How can you be certain anything exists without consciousness. How can consciousness, which everything appears in, not be fundamental to reality? The argument is so childishly simply you seem to think it can't be so, but it is.
12-06-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 08:04 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(12-06-2015 07:56 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  You still didn't answer MY question, apparently a child has outwitted you with a simple question.

How can you be certain anything exists without consciousness. How can consciousness, which everything appears in, not be fundamental to reality? The argument is so childishly simply you seem to think it can't be so, but it is.

Yes dear. Whatever you say. Now run along and play.
You have outwitted no one. Did your mommy tell you you did ?
Or was it your Apologetics professor at Biola ?

BTW child, your statement/argument/claim is an example of the very common, well known street-level fallacy called "Affirming the consequent".
It's in most Logic text books, and you can read about what's wrong with it when you get big, and mommy lets you go to school.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirming_the_consequent

12-06-2015, 08:02 PM
Children outwit adults with simple questions all the time... have you never spent time with a 2 or 3 year old?

12-06-2015, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 08:06 PM by mmhm1234.)
So? An unconscious universe can still exist, nothing prevents that.

And what does "can only elude to an observer" mean?
[/quote]

He has no clue. He can only allude to having a brain. Weeping
He thinks if he uses big words it makes him sound intelligent. I suspect he's about 11.
[/quote]

Why is an unconscious universe even relevant to anything? In an unconscious universe there would be no science to study it, no being to perceive it, an unconscious universe is absolute nothingness,

With this in mind it may begin to dawn that the only definition for absolute nothingness is no conscious observer.

Consciousness brings order out of chaos, QM has been alluding to this for decades. Matter only exists as waves of potentiality - potential existence. It would be in line with my theory to conclude that consciousness causes the wave function to collapse. The particle only 'knows where to be' because consciousness defines it as such - it is a construct of consciousness. This property would apply to the entire universe. Also anything tied together by any potentiality with this object come into being when it is observed.
12-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Why are you incapable of answering my question? You haven't said anything to deny my statement. I hope you realize the joke is on you, you're the one looking foolish here.
12-06-2015, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 08:10 PM by ClydeLee.)
And just throwing out definitions of no purpose doesn't really matter of say anything significant if the idea isn't really spectacular. Some 19th or early 20th century philosophers might disagree with that but it doesn't actually get to any proof to just assert your definition.

How do you know you have defined any sensible view of order? Are you certain your consciousness is order or even an actual thing? And what states order can't form? It actually can it's not some end all eternal impossibility, perhaps you're misconflating the ideas of entropy?