Consciousness is fundamental to reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2015, 09:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 09:40 PM by mmhm1234.)
RE: Consciousness is fundamental to reality
(12-06-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 09:17 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  You are correct, my assertion is that life-consciousness has existed all the way back to the Big Bang. The universe exists in terms of a big-bang observer system. Consciousness existed at the moment of creation. In fact, creation was a conscious act.

Prove it.
A claim that has no evidence.
In fact it's meaningless.
A "conscious act" requires space-time to be in place already. Space-time came into existence with this universe.
Your statement is meaningless. You can't have a "decision to create" unless it PRECEDES the act. PRECEDES means time already exists.

Define consciousness, and give us one example with no brain.

Space-time is just a construct of consciousness. Consciousness is eternal. This resolves the whole,"well how can the universe come from nothing?" Conundrum. It didn't it came from an infinite eternal thing (consciousness). The universe had a beginning and will have an end.

It is my speculation that consciousness actually exists in an entirely different domain altogether and is merely perceiving events in this finite domain. Death is a shift in perception back to this domain. People who have died in my opinion, have caught glimpses of this infinite domain in which our consciousness truly resides. If consciousness is eternal, it cannot finite 'inside' a finite domain. It is merely perceiving events in a Finite domain (this universe).

Here's what one NDEr says regarding his glimpse onto the other side of death: "It was a sudden transformation into a realm of timeless Absolute Beauty, Absolute Love and Absolute Infinity. It was a total immersion in light, brightness, warmth, peace, security. It’s difficult to describe as a matter of fact it’s impossible to describe. Verbally it cannot be expressed, it’s something that becomes you and you become it. There are no words to describe timelessness, eternity, total knowledge, total peace, and total love. I could say that I was peace, I was love, I was the brightness it was a part of me."

Consciousness is not an artifact of the universe. The universe is an artifact of consciousness.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2015, 09:41 PM
(12-06-2015 09:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it.
A "conscious act" requires space-time to be in place already. Space-time came into existence with this universe.
Your statement is meaningless. You can't have a "decision to create" unless it PRECEDES the act. PRECEDES means time already exists.

Space-time is just a construct of consciousness. Consciousness is eternal. This resolves the whole,"well how can the universe come from nothing?" Conundrum. It didn't it came from an infinite eternal thing (consciousness). The universe had a beginning and will have an end.

It is my speculation that consciousness actually exists in an entirely different domain altogether and is merely perceiving events in this finite domain. Death is a shift in perception back to this domain. People who have died in my opinion, have caught glimpses of this infinite domain in which our consciousness truly resides. If consciousness is eternal, it cannot finite 'inside' a finite domain. It is merely perceiving events in a Finite domain (this universe).

Here's what one NDEr says regarding his glimpse onto the other side of death: "It was a sudden transformation into a realm of timeless Absolute Beauty, Absolute Love and Absolute Infinity. It was a total immersion in light, brightness, warmth, peace, security. It’s difficult to describe as a matter of fact it’s impossible to describe. Verbally it cannot be expressed, it’s something that becomes you and you become it. There are no words to describe timelessness, eternity, total knowledge, total peace, and total love. I could say that I was peace, I was love, I was the brightness it was a part of me."

And then you just went all Tralfamadorian on me. Weeping

#sigh
12-06-2015, 09:53 PM
(12-06-2015 09:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 09:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Prove it.

Consciousness is not an artifact of the universe. The universe is an artifact of consciousness.

You are making an extraordinary claim, please present extraordinary evidence, also please define by what you mean by consciousness. Until you can define what you mean by consciousness your arguments are non-sequiturs

NDE's are manifestations of the dying brain, also out of body experiences can be triggered by stimulating the right areas in the brain. No ONE has come back from full brain death where all electrical activity has ceased. Once that happens you are dead and won't be coming back.

Here is an article from scientific american, not the best source but its writen for the layman http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...ear-death/

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
12-06-2015, 10:03 PM
(12-06-2015 07:21 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  How would such a universe exist when no observer was there to be certain it exists.

Facepalm

How would an observer exist when there was no universe for him to be certain in?

Knights who say NI!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-06-2015, 10:18 PM
(12-06-2015 10:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 07:21 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  How would such a universe exist when no observer was there to be certain it exists.

Facepalm

How would an observer exist when there was no universe for him to be certain in?

Knights who say NI!

Lol you're a dumbass
12-06-2015, 10:19 PM
(12-06-2015 09:53 PM)Worom Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 09:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Space-time is just a construct of consciousness. Consciousness is eternal. This resolves the whole,"well how can the universe come from nothing?" Conundrum. It didn't it came from an infinite eternal thing (consciousness). The universe had a beginning and will have an end.

You are making an extraordinary claim, please present extraordinary evidence, also please define by what you mean by consciousness. Until you can define what you mean by consciousness your arguments are non-sequiturs

NDE's are manifestations of the dying brain, also out of body experiences can be triggered by stimulating the right areas in the brain. No ONE has come back from full brain death where all electrical activity has ceased. Once that happens you are dead and won't be coming back.

Here is an article from scientific american, not the best source but its writen for the layman http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...ear-death/

The dying brain hypothesis is just a theory. No this has not been proven.
12-06-2015, 10:24 PM
(12-06-2015 10:19 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 09:53 PM)Worom Wrote:  You are making an extraordinary claim, please present extraordinary evidence, also please define by what you mean by consciousness. Until you can define what you mean by consciousness your arguments are non-sequiturs

The dying brain hypothesis is just a theory. No this has not been proven. No one knows 100% if our consciousness continues after death. The brain and body(which are constructs of consciousness) cease to exist. Consciousness does not. All the religions of man state that the soul is eternal. The Hindus know more about consciousness through deep meditation and transcendental experiences than science does. Experience is often scoffed at as unreliable, but everything boils down to experience. The lines start to be blurred between what is real and unreal if you call everything that can't be quantified in a lab as unreal and subjective.
12-06-2015, 10:26 PM
(12-06-2015 09:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 09:36 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Space-time is just a construct of consciousness. Consciousness is eternal. This resolves the whole,"well how can the universe come from nothing?" Conundrum. It didn't it came from an infinite eternal thing (consciousness). The universe had a beginning and will have an end.

And then you just went all Tralfamadorian on me. Weeping

I feel sorry for you. Having an 'intellect' is a very painful thing to have sometimes. Especially when reality doesn't coincide with a rigid narrow world view. Oh well you'll die one day and find out for your self. There are only two options you are infinite or finite.
12-06-2015, 10:26 PM
At work.

The OP keeps making the claim that consciousness affects realtiy.

I want to know how successful they are at pushing clouds with their consciousness.
12-06-2015, 10:29 PM
(12-06-2015 10:26 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

The OP keeps making the claim that consciousness affects realtiy.

I want to know how successful they are at pushing clouds with their consciousness.

It creates reality, but cognitive thoughts obviously don't change things. This is not part of the rules of the game. You can't think "move cloud" and have it move. There is a difference between cognitive thoughts and consciousness. Your thoughts are phenomenon that can be traced to the brain. Your consciousness will never be found in the brain.