Consensus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 04:41 AM
RE: Consensus
(13-07-2017 04:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 11:10 PM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I have leveled the charge ..

Laughat

Whoopdefuckingdo.

And this addresses problems I have raised how?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2017, 04:48 AM
(13-07-2017 04:41 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I was actually using the more common definition of the which is in use as provided above but again if that fails to suit Ignoratio elenchi, also known as irrelevant conclusion,[1] is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question. More colloquially, it is also known as missing the point.

Again I point out the lack of actually addressing points I have made.

Again, the lack of evidence in support of your claims is deafening. You are nit picking over pedantics to hide your complete lack of evidence to back up your assertions. Hence why Anjele laughed at you, because your leveled accusation made without supporting evidence is about as effective as a fart in the wind.

But sure, continue to fail getting the point dipshit. Just remember, we're all picking on you out of a hive mind, and not because you're utterly full of shit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-07-2017, 06:17 AM
(13-07-2017 04:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 04:41 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  I was actually using the more common definition of the which is in use as provided above but again if that fails to suit Ignoratio elenchi, also known as irrelevant conclusion,[1] is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question. More colloquially, it is also known as missing the point.

Again I point out the lack of actually addressing points I have made.

Again, the lack of evidence in support of your claims is deafening. You are nit picking over pedantics to hide your complete lack of evidence to back up your assertions. Hence why Anjele laughed at you, because your leveled accusation made without supporting evidence is about as effective as a fart in the wind.

But sure, continue to fail getting the point dipshit. Just remember, we're all picking on you out of a hive mind, and not because you're utterly full of shit.
Ignoratio elenchi, also known as irrelevant conclusion,[1] is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question. More colloquially, it is also known as missing the point.

Please address the problem of positive feedback in consensus systems.

Here's a hint. Actually address the problem I address.
13-07-2017, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2017 04:09 PM by Anjele.)
(13-07-2017 06:17 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 04:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Again, the lack of evidence in support of your claims is deafening. You are nit picking over pedantics to hide your complete lack of evidence to back up your assertions. Hence why Anjele laughed at you, because your leveled accusation made without supporting evidence is about as effective as a fart in the wind.

Ignoratio elenchi, also known as irrelevant conclusion,[1] is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question. More colloquially, it is also known as missing the point.

You can't order the members of this forum to respond in the way you want.

You stroll in here and think that you are going run the show. Did whoever approved your first post tell you that you are in charge now?

You say you don't care about rep but you won't drop it, thereby proving that for some reason you do care.

If you want to direct the interaction on a forum go start your own.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
13-07-2017, 06:54 AM
(13-07-2017 06:22 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 06:17 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  Ignoratio elenchi, also known as irrelevant conclusion,[1] is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may or may not be logically valid, but fails nonetheless to address the issue in question. More colloquially, it is also known as missing the point.

You can't order the members of this forum to respond in the way you want.

You stroll in here and think that you are going run the show. Did whoever approved your first post tell you that you in charge now?

You say you don't care about rep but you won't drop it, thereby proving that for some reason you do care.

If you want to direct the interaction on a forum go start your own.

I don't think I can order anyone to do anything. I am however getting tired of the personal attacks. Rather than get angry and retaliating in kind I have decided that the best course of action is to call the issue back to the relevant matter at hand. Arguments from consensus are a logical fallacy. Consensus systems are fundamentally flawed for several reasons, the most obvious of which is the problem of positive feedback. Until the problem with positive feedback and how it is handled has been addressed I will continue to redirect people to the original topic. If you want to keep spitting your venom go ahead. I'm still going to ask you to address the problem of positive feedback.

If you all want me to shut up all it requires is one person addressing how consensus systems avoid positive feedback loops. Thats it. Just answer that one question.
13-07-2017, 07:33 AM
At work.

Must admit I've kind of lost the OP's original train of thought.

Sad Sorry.

I mean, are they saying that the 'Approval/Disproval' system actually means something?

Other than a very rough indication of how the small amount of independent posters use it?

Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-07-2017, 08:08 AM
(13-07-2017 07:33 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Must admit I've kind of lost the OP's original train of thought.

Don't bother trying to find it (especially if at work ;-)). There never was much of one anyway. He just insists on splashing* his mental semen all over the place, time and time again. [Image: boredsmiley.gif]

"The muscles in your mouth must be stronger than steel
You can talk till forever but ain't got no feel
Your scull must be empty, your brain cells run dry
Calling everybody
Learning nothing till the day that you die"

On the plus side, if he's ever banned for flooding the place and soaking the carpet, Moms will get to use the giant squeegee this time Big Grin

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
13-07-2017, 08:13 AM
(13-07-2017 06:54 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  If you all want me to shut up all it requires is one person addressing how consensus systems avoid positive feedback loops. Thats it. Just answer that one question.

Or you could just get stuffed. Consensus systems may very well be subject to positive feedback. You took issue specifically with *our* rep system, specifically because *you* got neg repped. You ignore input from people specifically commenting on the way our rep system works, pointing out that for example plenty of people with high rep do get neg repped, and that conversely plenty of people with low rep do get positive reps, and also pointing out that many people have rep that fluctuates - exactly the opposite of what you'd expect if it was a purely positive feedback situation.

Stop telling us what's wrong with us, fuck off with your "concern", and shove a cactus up your arse. All you're pissed about is a bunch of people think you're a dick and you want to have a big whine about it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2017, 09:47 AM
(13-07-2017 06:54 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  If you all want me to shut up all it requires is one person addressing how consensus systems avoid positive feedback loops. Thats it. Just answer that one question.

Consensus systems can't avoid positive feedback loops. There, I answered your question. Now keep your word and just shut the fuck up already.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-07-2017, 11:13 AM
(13-07-2017 09:47 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Consensus systems can't avoid positive feedback loops. There, I answered your question. Now keep your word and just shut the fuck up already.

Actually, if I really wanted him to shut the fuck up, I'd just put him on ignore. Tongue If Moms really wanted him to shut up, she wields the power of the ban hammer. The forum and the forum individuals have the power to silence this moron, and his active participation in the matter need not be gained.

I get a sort of sadistic sense of satisfaction in watching this twat solidify his persona as a social pariah brick by brick, post by post. He's offering himself up as a sacrificial chew toy, and sometimes I just need to gnaw on something.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post