Consensus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: Consensus
(06-07-2017 09:05 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 06:21 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  That assumes that I actually in anyway care...

LOL... so you don't care at all for rep systems... and yet you're apparently so upset at being in the red that you feel the need to start a new thread denying how upset you are? Big Grin

This guy really likes to play the victim. You should read through the altruism thread and watch as he changes his story from "being a prostitute was no choice at all so I chose accepting help from Christians," to "The Christians tortured me so being a prostitute would have been a much better choice." He needs to maximize the victim complex to garner as much drama and sympathy as possible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
06-07-2017, 10:07 AM
(06-07-2017 06:58 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
Quote:If you don't care about the rep system, why are you bothering to read comments left by members on your rep system? Why are you making a post to discuss the rep system?
... i mean its just sitting there. I'm not really doing anything else. How does someone start out watching Dawkins on YouTube only to end up at cat videos?

As to the reason for making the post in the first place. It came up in another thread that wasnt about rep systems.

Hey there BlkFnx. It's not a Rep point situation but my Warning Level is at 20% (it's not visible to anyone but me) because I posted:

1) A topless ballet dancer dancing on a christian cross. Which I thought was pretty incredible.
2) Photos of the Naked Bikeride in Portland OR. I live here so I thought it was funny.
3) Photos of room lamp with boobs on it. It was kinda in the same vein as the leg lamp from The Christmas Story movie. ( bit of a joke there....vein....leg..tee-hee )

I'm not going to bitch about it though. It is what it is. It does make me chuckle though. Big Grin

Pro tip: Lighten up a little. Relax. It's just an online forum.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-07-2017, 10:20 AM
(06-07-2017 10:07 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 06:58 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  ... i mean its just sitting there. I'm not really doing anything else. How does someone start out watching Dawkins on YouTube only to end up at cat videos?

As to the reason for making the post in the first place. It came up in another thread that wasnt about rep systems.

Hey there BlkFnx. It's not a Rep point situation but my Warning Level is at 20% (it's not visible to anyone but me) because I posted:

1) A topless ballet dancer dancing on a christian cross. Which I thought was pretty incredible.
2) Photos of the Naked Bikeride in Portland OR. I live here so I thought it was funny.
3) Photos of room lamp with boobs on it. It was kinda in the same vein as the leg lamp from The Christmas Story movie. ( bit of a joke there....vein....leg..tee-hee )

I'm not going to bitch about it though. It is what it is. It does make me chuckle though. Big Grin

I do think the rep system is a bit ridiculous though, so I agree with him there. I do use it though because I know some people like to garner a high rep on here, so I don't mind giving a plus one to people I like if it makes them happy. I'm not saying everyone is like this, but I've had more than one member pm me and ask why they don't have a higher rep count than what they do. I personally don't give two fucks about my rep, although I do appreciate anyone who's taken the time to give me one Big Grin Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-07-2017, 10:43 AM
I've had no problem with you since our misunderstanding on the slavery and the civil war, I haven't seen all your posts and don't want to, you have always been polite and courteous to me and I actually quite like you and am sorry you have negative reputation. My feelings on rep are mixed it does help to keep you focused and not to be an ass but only if you actually care about being part of an online community, on the other hand like many many things in life it is open to be abused either consciously or subconsciously. I try only to rep people down if I feel they are either being cruel or abusive to someone or if they are an obvious disruption to the forum but because I'm human anger or indignation slight or hurt can get in the way of these precepts. I know the people here and the majority think very carefully before taking the step of down repping someone and its not a step they take lightly, self examination and perhaps a more careful choice of words and phraseology and a willingness to be part of a community would I believe sort things out for you. Regards Adey.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
06-07-2017, 12:41 PM
(06-07-2017 10:07 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 06:58 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  ... i mean its just sitting there. I'm not really doing anything else. How does someone start out watching Dawkins on YouTube only to end up at cat videos?

Nawwww that's not the reason. It was just to mess with your head.

That shit is more meaningless than rep. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-07-2017, 01:02 PM
I don't think rep is particularly anything to care about. That said I do find it useful. Someone running around with a big ol' -10 rep is probably a bit of a dickhead. I've always found it so. -3, -4... some people just rub people the wrong way at first but later prove to be normal fuckers. But once you get over -10, -15, -20, it's a clear sign that you're an arsehole. I've found no exceptions to this rule. Apart from Alla who has a split personality that alternates between being a bitch-on-wheels and a clueless-cutie-pie-who-loves-everyone.

I find it helpful to know if I'm dealing with an arsehole or a genuine person, in my online interactions.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-07-2017, 01:05 PM
Oh ya, and bitching about the rep system? I've never heard of a single person who was not a troll starting a thread like this. I wait with anticipation for you to confirm my hypothesis that all swans are white.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-07-2017, 01:21 PM
(06-07-2017 12:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 10:07 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hey there BlkFnx. It's not a Rep point situation but my Warning Level is at 20% (it's not visible to anyone but me) because I posted:

Nawwww that's not the reason. It was just to mess with your head.

That shit is more meaningless than rep. Tongue

Yeah, I know Moms but I like to laugh about it anyway.

The Rep points here on TTA remind me of the show, Whose Line Is It Anyway, with Wayne Brady, where "everything is made up and The Points Don't Matter.....

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-07-2017, 01:22 PM
I see rep as a useful tool, an indication of how much one is listening to the conversations and trying to contribute something salient, thought-provoking, and well-constructed. It doesn't even have to signify agreement; a history of elegantly-written devil's-advocate posts is worth a +1 in my book.

We have the "like" button for "Hell, yeah!" moments, personal encouragement, and MamaDog's new litter of puppies. Rep is different; to the positive side it's akin to a Lifetime Achievement Award, and to the negative it's a warning of a bad fit with the forum culture. You don't have to agree with everything someone says, but condescension, substandard writing, spamming the forum with one-liners, and doubling down on batshit-insane bald assertions have all pushed people into the red.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
06-07-2017, 01:44 PM
My rep being + or - gives me an idea as to how well I am connecting with others in the forum community, if it was negative, I would read the comments and either decide that I should change the way I interact with the forum community or if I like my "style" of posting and don't want to change, then I'd probably move on to another community. Not fitting in doesn't mean your bad or they're right...just that it may not be a good fit.

One of the reasons I lurked at number of atheist forums before deciding to join only this one is because I took the time to read the posts on the different forums & decided only this one fit me. I still do lurk at the others from time to time Blush

As for me repping others... if I haven't one upped someone that I probably should, it's honestly cause I don't think about it that much. As for neg repping someone, it will never be because you posted something I disagree with, freedom of speech is too important to me to discourage a dissenting view. It'll be because I think your talking nonsense and a waste of time.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 3 users Like unsapien's post