Consensus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: Consensus
(06-07-2017 01:44 PM)unsapien Wrote:  As for me repping others... if I haven't one upped someone that I probably should, it's honestly cause I don't think about it that much. As for neg repping someone, it will never be because you posted something I disagree with, freedom of speech is too important to me to discourage a dissenting view. It'll be because I think your talking nonsense and a waste of time.

This is me too. I rarely bother with neg reps. If they're that bad, they probably should end up on my buddy list so I can watch them.

Occasionally like the op I will neg rep, not because of their opinions but just because they're not worth any of my efforts.

At least so far. Evil_monster

But I also forget that I get to speak, not only as the admin, but also as a regular member, who also cares about our community. Sometimes it's hard to separate the two. Blush

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-07-2017, 02:41 PM
I used to be quite precious about neg reps. Now I hand them out like candy. One for every dickhead I meet Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-07-2017, 02:44 PM
(06-07-2017 02:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  I used to be quite precious about neg reps. Now I hand them out like candy. One for every dickhead I meet Smile

I rarely hand out neg reps- not because I have a moral opposition, but because usually other people get to it before me and I don't often bother to pile on.
[+] 4 users Like Emma's post
06-07-2017, 03:01 PM
No one is "excommunicated" for having low/negative rep. They have all the same rights they had before. They lose them, or get banned, generally as a result of breaking forum rules.

I've seen people post plenty of unpopular opinions without getting hammered with neg reps. It's about how you present it.

Personally I would prefer to only be able to give positive reps, but the whole system can be easily ignored so it's not a big deal.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
06-07-2017, 03:36 PM
(06-07-2017 03:01 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  No one is "excommunicated" for having low/negative rep. They have all the same rights they had before. They lose them, or get banned, generally as a result of breaking forum rules.

I've seen people post plenty of unpopular opinions without getting hammered with neg reps. It's about how you present it.

Personally I would prefer to only be able to give positive reps, but the whole system can be easily ignored so it's not a big deal.

Not strictly true though mate, someone with neg rep cannot rep anyone else either positively or negatively.So you do lose some rights or privileges.
06-07-2017, 03:55 PM
(06-07-2017 03:01 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  No one is "excommunicated" for having low/negative rep. They have all the same rights they had before. They lose them, or get banned, generally as a result of breaking forum rules.

I don't give neg reps either--well, except maybe once or twice and it was due to total blatant assholery of the people I neg repped. So basically, if you get a neg rep from me, you know you fucking earned it Tongue

I don't really like the idea of giving reps in general or rating people, so I just kind of look at the reps I give as a way to leave little notes, like hey, I think you're cool. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-07-2017, 04:09 PM
(06-07-2017 03:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

I don't give neg reps either--well, except maybe once or twice and it was due to total blatant assholery of the people I neg repped. So basically, if you get a neg rep from me, you know you fucking earned it Tongue

I don't really like the idea of giving reps in general or rating people, so I just kind of look at the reps I give as a way to leave little notes, like hey, I think you're cool. Big Grin

Yup. I think I've given maybe 3 or 4 negative rep points in the 4 years I've been here. That's about one rep point a year. I only give them out to the super-duper, obnoxious, pig headed and most repellant, disgusting idiots that come by.

You see, when D42 gives out a negative Rep point, it REEEEEEALLY means something! Angry

Tongue

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
06-07-2017, 04:39 PM
(06-07-2017 06:33 AM)BlkFnx Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 06:27 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Your 'respect' for moms is based on your new knowledge that she, in fact, has control over your participation here. Drinking Beverage

Still puckering up I see.

If you read my last post in the altruism thread you would know that no such thing is true. That leaves aside the fact that while I admitted a respect for the way he down checked me, I was critical of how she handles views contrary to her own. If in fact I were actually trying to kiss up to her I hope she would think less of me.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-07-2017, 07:54 PM
+Rep points are my sustenance! Soon I will have enough energy to consume the world, darkness will rain down from the heavens and blood will flow threw rivers. All shall know my name, and pray for forgiveness but none shall come!

In reality it just makes me happy to know people like me. Even a little. Most of my life I've been an introvert with social anxiety. So the social acceptance is a positive for me.

It would be kind of neat if we got badges or stickers for reaching for milestones. Kind of like the contributors badges.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 7 users Like Commonsensei's post
06-07-2017, 11:55 PM
(06-07-2017 03:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

Not strictly true though mate, someone with neg rep cannot rep anyone else either positively or negatively.So you do lose some rights or privileges.

Oh really? I didn't know that, thanks Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user