Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2012, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 04:29 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit
Very few times am I speechless, but the brazen level of lying on this site is astounding.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Their homepage offers this little gem.

"God humbles the "Reason Rally", a national atheist rally in America, via a rainy day.
[66] The Almighty rained on your parade atheists. What are you going to do about it?"
It's though propaganda that would make Orwell's Ministry of Truth proud!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
RE: Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that it was a satire site.

Oh god I hope it is.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2012, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 04:52 PM by KidCharlemagne1962.)
This website refers To Neil deGrasse Tyson as a "museum employee". What a bunch of homophobic, racist, scientifcally illiterate morons. They used to have an entry stating the The Theory of Relativity was being used by the left to justify abortions. I kinda want to join and adjust their entries just to see how long is takes to get banned.
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I may be wrong but I was under the impression that it was a satire site.

Oh god I hope it is.

Nope! I hate to break this to you lucradis but it was founded by Phyllis Schlafley' son.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-04-2012, 05:01 PM
[Image: PZC3a.gif]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
01-04-2012, 05:12 PM
(01-04-2012 04:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I may be wrong but I was under the impression that it was a satire site.

Oh god I hope it is.
Surprisingly, it is not. They actually mean what they say.

The truly unfortunate consequence is that this makes satire of the conservatives nearly impossible.
And almost redundant. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Conservapedia is one hundred percent pure, undiluted, and real right-wing fundamentalist essence of batshit insanity.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM
I recently had an epiphany as to why groups like Conservapedia, Answers in Genesis, etc., continue to thrive when the information that they produce is so demonstrably false and ludicrous. They are in effect not serving as a public education tool, nor were they ever intended to. They are just a means to preach to the choir. There is a large population of people in this country that are crying out.

"Please, please tell us this narritive. I want to be told that the Bible is correct. That the world is 6000 not 6,000,000,000 years old and that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden. That we are the true, smart, righteous group of people being persecuted by liberals, Atheists, communists, college professors, Supreme Court Judges, and other agents of Satan. It is just too painful for us to hear that this narrative is not true."

This statement is backed up by the fact that the overwhelming number of people that visit and contribute to sites like this are fundamentalists Christians. 95% of the paying visitors to the Creation Museum in KY are fundamentalist Christians.

At an educated guess, I would place the end of Christianity, as well as other fundamentalist religions, as a capable agent of Political and social influence at about 100-200 years from now. It has begun to die a slow death and at the end will be relegated to the status of the worship of Zeus, or Horus. But we may never be able to fully eradicate this crop of people suffering from such a metal delusion. We still have people who believe the Earth is flat, after 500 years of evidence to the contrary, after all.

The saddest thing of all, to me, is the mental pollution that is being wrought upon children in the homes of fundamentalist Christians who believe this bullshit, some of whom love science and are having this passion distorted and poisoned by homeschooling in fundamentalist curriculum on this subject. It's going to be a tragic, awful shock, when they arrive into the Univeristies of this country and they learn such opinions are the utter laughingstock of the scientific community. I pity them. I really do. And I feel a great deal of anger at their parents for poisoning this passion and retarding the contributions these kids could have made to the advancement of the human race so their parents can remain in their comfort zone of imaginary friends.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 8 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
02-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Have you guys actually watched Faux News? If so, then why is this even shocking? This isn't far from what the Republicans actually base their platform on.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
02-04-2012, 07:40 AM
I read it for the lulz. The atheist page is particularly humorous.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-04-2012, 05:38 PM
My brain.... hurts.

Under Repair.
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post