Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
RE: Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit
Curiously, God only receives a small entry on Conservapedia (He is, of course, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.)

http://www.conservapedia.com/God

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
(06-04-2012 01:52 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Curiously, God only receives a small entry on Conservapedia (He is, of course, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.)

http://www.conservapedia.com/God
LOL. Much smaller than the atheism article Tongue Love the "resources on how to become a Christian" at the bottom of the God page. Man these guys are seriously messed up... Can't read more than a few paragraphs before I bug out.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2012, 11:13 AM
"Conservopedia - The trustworthy encyclopaedia"

Yeah right.
24-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I also thought this was a joke site when I first saw the entry for Vampire the Masquerade on it (I have no idea why a google search sent me there).

But if it's for serious...

I don't want to live on this planet any more Sad

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
26-04-2012, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2012 04:53 AM by Filox.)
I don't get one thing here... I mean, I don't get a lot of things, like all of them from this page, but one in particular has caught my attention... Maybe somebody messed it up intentionally.

Quote: The fatal flaw in Old Earth arguments is their overreliance on the assumption that the rate of radioactive decay remains constant over thousands of years. In fact, a large number of physical processes, such as neutron capture and fluctuations in solar radiation, can affect the rate of radioactive decay of elements in the Earth's crust and render radioactive dating measurements unreliable with errors up to 5%, depending upon the specific methods used.
So, if I'm reading this right, the biggest flaw in Old-Earth arguments is the method that can be +/- 5% accurate. This is what they are saying?? So, how come this is a flaw then and how come did they come up with: 4.5 bill years +/- 5% = 6000 years?! I know, they never made any logic, but this is just too plain to miss.

Any comments on this, maybe I am retarded and reading this sentence the wrong way...

Big Grin

Imagine that, we are so wrong, we are up to 5% wrong in dating... So, there we go, from 4.5 bill to 6000 in just 5%...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-04-2012, 06:10 PM
(26-04-2012 04:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  I don't get one thing here... I mean, I don't get a lot of things, like all of them from this page, but one in particular has caught my attention... Maybe somebody messed it up intentionally.

Quote: The fatal flaw in Old Earth arguments is their overreliance on the assumption that the rate of radioactive decay remains constant over thousands of years. In fact, a large number of physical processes, such as neutron capture and fluctuations in solar radiation, can affect the rate of radioactive decay of elements in the Earth's crust and render radioactive dating measurements unreliable with errors up to 5%, depending upon the specific methods used.
So, if I'm reading this right, the biggest flaw in Old-Earth arguments is the method that can be +/- 5% accurate. This is what they are saying?? So, how come this is a flaw then and how come did they come up with: 4.5 bill years +/- 5% = 6000 years?! I know, they never made any logic, but this is just too plain to miss.

Any comments on this, maybe I am retarded and reading this sentence the wrong way...

Big Grin

Imagine that, we are so wrong, we are up to 5% wrong in dating... So, there we go, from 4.5 bill to 6000 in just 5%...

Smile

That's not surprising as the site quotes the likes of NephilimFree and ShockOfGod as reputable scientific sources.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-06-2012, 05:58 AM
Wow, just wow…
The people who read this and believe it, are they even sentient?
I mean, how totally backward would you have to be? This is on par with the priests of old refusing to look through Galileo’s telescope.
No, it’s actually worse than that, these people are flying in the face of established fact!
Didn’t they go to school? Even once?
Somewhere there is a pock marked wall, and the authors of this hatemongering drivel need to be lined up in front of it.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
13-06-2012, 08:08 AM
(13-06-2012 05:58 AM)Karl Wrote:  Wow, just wow…
The people who read this and believe it, are they even sentient?
I mean, how totally backward would you have to be? This is on par with the priests of old refusing to look through Galileo’s telescope.
No, it’s actually worse than that, these people are flying in the face of established fact!
Didn’t they go to school? Even once?
Somewhere there is a pock marked wall, and the authors of this hatemongering drivel need to be lined up in front of it.

I doubt they and facts spend much time together Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-06-2012, 01:06 PM
This is just awful. How can an individual, let alone a community, be this stupid? How can someone be deluded enough to believe in the young-earth theory although there is a mountain of evidence proving the opposite?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
13-06-2012, 01:28 PM
(13-06-2012 01:06 PM)Vosur Wrote:  This is just awful. How can an individual, let alone a community, be this stupid? How can someone be deluded enough to believe in the young-earth theory although there is a mountain of evidence proving the opposite?

They aren't presented with the opposing view.
They aren't presented with an accurate view of the truth.
They are fed this from their youth.
They become entrenched so much that they cannot overcome it in spite of having full view of the truth.
They are presented with misinterpreted viewpoints and "facts".
They never really think about it.

blah blah blah, the list goes on...

Sucks, but it's true.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post