Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2012, 11:06 AM
RE: Conservapedia - The Queen Mother of Right Wing Batshit
(20-06-2012 02:51 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(01-04-2012 04:24 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Very few times am I speechless, but the brazen level of lying on this site is astounding.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

Their homepage offers this little gem.

"God humbles the "Reason Rally", a national atheist rally in America, via a rainy day.
[66] The Almighty rained on your parade atheists. What are you going to do about it?"
It's though propaganda that would make Orwell's Ministry of Truth proud!

Check them out today, they have a major issue with Richard Dawkins Smile
I saw that. Those poor, pathetic bastards with their 'Atheism is dying' and "Question Evolution' campaigns to console themselves as the fade further and further into obscurity.

Curiously they are correct in saying that religious people are outbreeding atheist/agnostic people. However breeding new trailer trash and the next generation of incarcerated felons hardly qualifies as making quality people. Atheists, while we take our time in reproducing, tend to turn out better children who are a benefit to society in the end.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
21-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Silly theists, validating their childish beliefs by comparing the number of Google searches for their belief to the ones of a different one.
23-06-2012, 07:21 AM
[Image: bump.jpg]

I found this gem of a comment on a YouTube video today. I think it is very fitting if you apply it to conservapedia.com.

"A religious person making´╗┐ fun of an atheist is like someone with down syndrome calling Einstein a retard."
23-06-2012, 07:45 AM
(01-04-2012 09:10 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  At an educated guess, I would place the end of Christianity, as well as other fundamentalist religions, as a capable agent of Political and social influence at about 100-200 years from now. It has begun to die a slow death and at the end will be relegated to the status of the worship of Zeus, or Horus. But we may never be able to fully eradicate this crop of people suffering from such a metal delusion. We still have people who believe the Earth is flat, after 500 years of evidence to the contrary, after all.

Oh, I so very hope so. I have my serious doubts it'll be eradicated within my lifetime, but I hold out hope that within a few generations people will finally wake the heck up and shake free of these shackles.

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
26-06-2012, 09:26 AM
I've just found one of the best contributing editors for Conservapedia

[Image: 07-minister.jpg]

Meet Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, former head of Saddam Hussein's Iraqi Ministry of Information, better known during Operation Iraqi Freedom as 'Baghdad Bob'. He's known for such memorable quotes as "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!" as US Abrahms and Bradleys rolled through Saddam Hussein International Airport.

He gets rave reviews from Conservatives, even former President Bush weighed in.

"I love that guy. He's my man."
-GWB

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

26-06-2012, 10:39 AM
(26-06-2012 09:26 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I've just found one of the best contributing editors for Conservapedia

[Image: 07-minister.jpg]

Meet Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, former head of Saddam Hussein's Iraqi Ministry of Information, better known during Operation Iraqi Freedom as 'Baghdad Bob'. He's known for such memorable quotes as "There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never!" as US Abrahms and Bradleys rolled through Saddam Hussein International Airport.

He gets rave reviews from Conservatives, even former President Bush weighed in.

"I love that guy. He's my man."
-GWB

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Wouldn't he be too rational and have a better grasp of reality? Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-07-2012, 10:00 PM
(05-04-2012 11:09 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  "Conservapedia hosts the "Conservative Bible Project", a project aiming to rewrite the English translation of the Bible in order to remove terms described as "liberal bias". The project intends to remove sections of the Bible which are judged by Conservapedia's founder to be later liberal additions. These include the story of the adulteress in the Gospel of John in which Jesus declares "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone". The project also intends to remove Jesus's prayer on the cross, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing", since it appears only in the Gospel of Luke and since, according to Schlafly, "the simple fact is that some of the persecutors of Jesus did know what they were doing. This quotation is a favorite of liberals but should not appear in a conservative Bible". The adulteress story and the "forgive them" line are missing from many early manuscripts, and many modern textual scholars consider that they are not authentic parts of the gospels, though possibly historically valid.
This is actually my favorite part of the whole site, because it shoots down the whole "Bible being the true word of God" arguement. By their own admission the bible has been edited and added to. And they are wanting to rewrite and edit it themselves to suit their own ideology

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
[+] 1 user Likes PeterKA's post
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Just out of curiosity, I dropped by conservapedia to see what their pages on chimpanzees and bonobos were like. I was pleasantly surprised with the first, but the second really highlighted their bias. Bonobos are known for their ravenous libido. Everyone pleasures everyone--boy-girl, girl-girl, and boy-boy. But conservapedia simply likened male-male interactions to dominance displays like a dog humping a human's leg. Their source for this comes from an article hosted on the website of NARTH (National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality), an anti-gay group devoted to helping those get rid of "unwanted homosexuality" (this really diminishes the source's objectivity in my eyes). While it's true that apes mount each other (without penetration) as a sign of dominance, the editors of conservapedia completely passed over blatant examples of homosexual activity in bonobos. I would love to see how they or NARTH would explain away the fact that female bonobos rub their clitorises together, or the fact that males mutually masturbate each other. How does that fall under a dominance display?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2013, 01:54 AM
UPDATE: in recent times, I have attempted to access Conservapedia's homepage but have received responses that their server is down. Is this just due to maintenance or did the site finally collapse under the weight of its own bullshit?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

02-08-2013, 02:38 AM
It's up for me

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.