Poll: Conservapedia is ...
... absolutely correct about this article. Biology, Astronomy, Sociology, the arts - all worthless wastes of time.
... Conservapedia people are fucking ignoramuses. No. They are more than that. They openly and proudly glorify ignorance.
... I just cant believe that conservapedia is not a joke site. Even The Washington Times uses Conservapedia as a reference in their articles.
... humanity is doomed. Its just fucking DOOMED!!!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Conservapedia - Worst college majors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Conservapedia - Worst college majors
http://www.conservapedia.com/Worst_College_Majors
The worst college majors are fields of study that leave the student with relatively few job opportunities and often a distorted or ultra-liberal view of the world. Students incur an average debt in excess of $25,000 for attending college, and these college majors can leave such students without the ability to pay off their loans, which are typically not dischargeable in bankruptcy.
-
We encourage college students and employers to improve this list over time.
-
USELESS LIBERAL MAJORS
  1. Women's studies,[1][2][3] sometimes included as part of "gender studies"[4]
  2. Secularism[5]
  3. LGBT studies[6][7]
  4. Film[8]
  5. Puppetry
  6. English Literature/Literary Criticism
  7. Music Therapy[8]
  8. Dance[8]
  9. Interior Design[9]
  10. Art History[9]
  11. Sequential Art[10]
  12. Surf Science and Technology[11]
  13. Golf Management – University of Birmingham / Florida Gulf Coast University
  14. Evolutionary biology
  15. Journalism [12]
  16. Psychology[8]
  17. Fashion Design
  18. Theater[8]
  19. Horticulture[9]
  20. Human Resources[9]
  21. Photography[8]
  22. Video Game Design[13]
  23. Forestry/Range Management/Wildlife Management
  24. Environmental Studies
  25. Outdoor Recreation
  26. Fine Arts[14][9]
  27. Astronomy
  28. Anthropology
  29. Sociology
  30. History of Music
  31. Climatology
  32. Comparative Religion
  33. Gaming Management[15]
-
USELESS LIBERAL COURSES
  1. Understanding Obama - Harvard Law School [16]
  2. Revolutionary Marxism - Portland State University [17]
  3. Why Occupy Wall Street? The History and Politics of Debt and Finance - New York University [18]
  4. Occupy the Field: Global Finance, Inequality, Social Movement - Columbia University [19]
  5. Football Culture
  6. Queer Musicology – UCLA
  7. The Science of Harry Potter – Frostburg University [20]
  8. Native American Feminism - University of Michigan
  9. Cyber Feminism - Cornell University
  10. Feminist New Black Man - Occidental College [21]
  11. Philosophy and Star Trek – Georgetown University in Washington [22]
  12. The Sociology of Hip-Hop: The Odyssey of Jay-Z – Georgetown University [23]
  13. Emotional Literacy[24]
  14. Media Genres, the study of zombies - University of Baltimore [25]
  15. The Science of Superheroes - UC Irvine [26]
  16. Field Equipment Operation (tractor driving) - UC Davis
  17. Hip Hop: The Politics of Culture - UC San Diego
  18. History of Surfing - UC Santa Barbara
  19. Labor Studies - UM Saint Louis & UM Kansas City [27]
  20. Arguing with Judge Judy - UC Berkeley
  21. Self-Esteem - Cal State Fresno
  22. Gaga for Lady Gaga: Sex, Gender, and Identity- University of Virginia-Charlottesville[28]
  23. Pilot Brewery (brewmaster) - UC Davis
  24. Search for Extraterrestial Intelligence - UC Berkeley
  25. Ecology of Renewable Natural Resources - Texas Tech University [29]
  26. Introduction to social networking.
-
Please note that Theology is not on the list, most especially Christian theology...but comparative religions class is on the useless list. Strange that they also listed tractor driving. I expected conservatives to take learning to maintain a field of produce as serious as my liberal ass does. Apparently not. Of course if Conservapedia had their way removing this education, especially with the list of majors, society would be pushed back into the 1400's or even more past that.
-
Tell me what yall think... Some of these courses on the list I do agree are FILLER (but not worthless), but what do you think?

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
25-04-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: Conservapedia - Worst college majors
I agree that all those courses (not majors) are stupid. I guess art and science just isn't important to the world. facepalm.jpg

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
25-04-2012, 11:40 AM
(25-04-2012 11:14 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I agree that all those courses (not majors) are stupid. I guess art and science just isn't important to the world. facepalm.jpg
I hear what you are saying.. of course I agree most are fillers, but any kind of education is not stupid. Even if it were Christian history (which strangely didnt make it on the list either. What good is christian history when you go looking for a job?) I might actually take it especially if I were to be an American history major. Many of the courses on the bottom can help you specialize in history.

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
25-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Oh I agree. Education, no matter the topic, is great IMO.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-04-2012, 12:08 PM
(25-04-2012 11:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Oh I agree. Education, no matter the topic, is great IMO.

your avatar is misleading Germany...you look like a teaparty member, but you sure dont post like one. I must say it is rather refreshing to actually have a Ron Paul supporter that I can actually talk to. Most on your side are like robots. No matter what is said if it goes against programming it does not compute and is therefore irrelevant.
-
You actually have an open mind and willing to accept criticism. I have to respect that.

[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
25-04-2012, 03:03 PM
The majors aren't bad in themselves--now I'm not saying the person ends up in the field, or the person gets the degree for the field as much as teaching (my psychology degrees are for me to teach... then the college laid off so the jobs dried up). As a matter of fact, just skimming those degrees, I've seen probably 1/4 as requirements for jobs in my area!

Now the courses.... on the surface they seem pretty dumb (well, most). However, a possibility exists that the classes could be very useful depending on the topics. Just picked things at "random": The Science of Harry Potter--could be useful if it discusses scientific principals that could make it work, just not exactly as how it does in the story. Self-Esteem--well this could save someone's life actually... depending on what's taught. Gaga for Lady Gaga: Sex, Gender, and Identity--if the class is taught as "Sex, Gender, and Identity" it could easily be a standard psych class or even medical-based class.

But then the only class I have ever taken that I thought was absolutely pointless: College orientation. And even then, it could be helpful to people.
25-04-2012, 03:07 PM
(25-04-2012 12:08 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 11:44 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Oh I agree. Education, no matter the topic, is great IMO.

your avatar is misleading Germany...you look like a teaparty member, but you sure dont post like one. I must say it is rather refreshing to actually have a Ron Paul supporter that I can actually talk to. Most on your side are like robots. No matter what is said if it goes against programming it does not compute and is therefore irrelevant.
-
You actually have an open mind and willing to accept criticism. I have to respect that.
Well thank you. I'm merely a Constitutionalist. I want the federal govenrnment to abide by it and states to pass laws that don't violate it. I'm pretty flexible on policy itself but hold individual liberties in the highest regard. As long as it's legal and benefits society I'll always consider a position.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
25-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Joke site. Please let it be a joke. It can't be true?

Those liberal majors - I can see maybe one or two which might be very specific jobs but please, Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Human resources, Horticulture, Anthropology, Climatology, Astronomy are all *useless* ?

I mean, you want some unqualified git in HR then, rather than some guy who has an idea what he's doing?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
25-04-2012, 04:34 PM
In regards to getting a job... which is really all judging a major ought to be about. The top of that list is pretty spot on for bad majors. Some of them aren't really fitting, but I think it's mostly accurate. Much more than other posts on that site.

I think the most biased mention on there would be Revolutionary Marxism being #2 in bad courses... Although without seeing the course description I can't fully judge it yet it would seem like a viable specific history/philosophy course. That and the feminism hatred are pretty harsh.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-04-2012, 04:40 PM
How dare they mock puppetry!!!

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post