Poll: Conservapedia is ...
... absolutely correct about this article. Biology, Astronomy, Sociology, the arts - all worthless wastes of time.
... Conservapedia people are fucking ignoramuses. No. They are more than that. They openly and proudly glorify ignorance.
... I just cant believe that conservapedia is not a joke site. Even The Washington Times uses Conservapedia as a reference in their articles.
... humanity is doomed. Its just fucking DOOMED!!!
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Conservapedia - Worst college majors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Conservapedia - Worst college majors
(25-04-2012 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Joke site. Please let it be a joke. It can't be true?

Those liberal majors - I can see maybe one or two which might be very specific jobs but please, Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Human resources, Horticulture, Anthropology, Climatology, Astronomy are all *useless* ?

I mean, you want some unqualified git in HR then, rather than some guy who has an idea what he's doing?
Sadly, it's not a joke as I learned the hard way.

And yeah, Frankie, who could possibly have a beef against puppetry?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 05:48 PM
(25-04-2012 05:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Joke site. Please let it be a joke. It can't be true?

Those liberal majors - I can see maybe one or two which might be very specific jobs but please, Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, Forestry, Human resources, Horticulture, Anthropology, Climatology, Astronomy are all *useless* ?

I mean, you want some unqualified git in HR then, rather than some guy who has an idea what he's doing?
Sadly, it's not a joke as I learned the hard way.

Puppetry leads to thinking women are equals and the world is more that 6000 years old! Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
25-04-2012, 05:53 PM
(25-04-2012 05:48 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(25-04-2012 05:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sadly, it's not a joke as I learned the hard way.

Puppetry leads to thinking women are equals and the world is more that 6000 years old! Smile
Hm...good point.

And now that I think about it, puppets are like clowns and we all know that clowns are evil.

Clown Puppets are the Ultimate Evil.

[Image: doll14.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-04-2012, 09:59 PM
(25-04-2012 10:48 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  http://www.conservapedia.com/Worst_College_Majors
The worst college majors are fields of study that leave the student with relatively few job opportunities and often a distorted or ultra-liberal view of the world. Students incur an average debt in excess of $25,000 for attending college, and these college majors can leave such students without the ability to pay off their loans, which are typically not dischargeable in bankruptcy.
-
We encourage college students and employers to improve this list over time.
-
USELESS LIBERAL MAJORS
  1. Women's studies,[1][2][3] sometimes included as part of "gender studies"[4]
  2. Secularism[5]
  3. LGBT studies[6][7]
  4. Film[8]
  5. Puppetry
  6. English Literature/Literary Criticism
  7. Music Therapy[8]
  8. Dance[8]
  9. Interior Design[9]
  10. Art History[9]
  11. Sequential Art[10]
  12. Surf Science and Technology[11]
  13. Golf Management – University of Birmingham / Florida Gulf Coast University
  14. Evolutionary biology
  15. Journalism [12]
  16. Psychology[8]
  17. Fashion Design
  18. Theater[8]
  19. Horticulture[9]
  20. Human Resources[9]
  21. Photography[8]
  22. Video Game Design[13]
  23. Forestry/Range Management/Wildlife Management
  24. Environmental Studies
  25. Outdoor Recreation
  26. Fine Arts[14][9]
  27. Astronomy
  28. Anthropology
  29. Sociology
  30. History of Music
  31. Climatology
  32. Comparative Religion
  33. Gaming Management[15]
-
USELESS LIBERAL COURSES
  1. Understanding Obama - Harvard Law School [16]
  2. Revolutionary Marxism - Portland State University [17]
  3. Why Occupy Wall Street? The History and Politics of Debt and Finance - New York University [18]
  4. Occupy the Field: Global Finance, Inequality, Social Movement - Columbia University [19]
  5. Football Culture
  6. Queer Musicology – UCLA
  7. The Science of Harry Potter – Frostburg University [20]
  8. Native American Feminism - University of Michigan
  9. Cyber Feminism - Cornell University
  10. Feminist New Black Man - Occidental College [21]
  11. Philosophy and Star Trek – Georgetown University in Washington [22]
  12. The Sociology of Hip-Hop: The Odyssey of Jay-Z – Georgetown University [23]
  13. Emotional Literacy[24]
  14. Media Genres, the study of zombies - University of Baltimore [25]
  15. The Science of Superheroes - UC Irvine [26]
  16. Field Equipment Operation (tractor driving) - UC Davis
  17. Hip Hop: The Politics of Culture - UC San Diego
  18. History of Surfing - UC Santa Barbara
  19. Labor Studies - UM Saint Louis & UM Kansas City [27]
  20. Arguing with Judge Judy - UC Berkeley
  21. Self-Esteem - Cal State Fresno
  22. Gaga for Lady Gaga: Sex, Gender, and Identity- University of Virginia-Charlottesville[28]
  23. Pilot Brewery (brewmaster) - UC Davis
  24. Search for Extraterrestial Intelligence - UC Berkeley
  25. Ecology of Renewable Natural Resources - Texas Tech University [29]
  26. Introduction to social networking.
-
Please note that Theology is not on the list, most especially Christian theology...but comparative religions class is on the useless list. Strange that they also listed tractor driving. I expected conservatives to take learning to maintain a field of produce as serious as my liberal ass does. Apparently not. Of course if Conservapedia had their way removing this education, especially with the list of majors, society would be pushed back into the 1400's or even more past that.
-
Tell me what yall think... Some of these courses on the list I do agree are FILLER (but not worthless), but what do you think?

It all depends what you're getting the education for. If it's to prepare you for a high paying job in the future, then sadly, yes, a lot of those listed are worthless endeavors - or at best stepping stones to professional schools like business, law, medicine, etc.. If you're going to college for personal enrichment (which is the correct way to approach higher education), then none of the courses of study listed are worthless.

In hindsight, I wouldn't approach ANY college major as a means of making money in the future. I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering and work as an aerospace engineer, but I know that, in my field alone, there are lots of skilled designers and drafters with a technical college degree who make twice the money that guys with a masters or a PhD make. There are also doctors out there making less than $80,000/year and lots of lawyers struggling by on less than $30,000/year while experienced welders, electricians, HVAC repair guys, etc. make over $100,000/year. The bottom line is that, while certain high paying jobs require a higher education, the vast majority do not. Therefore the 'uselessness' of a college degree is irrelevant to your success or prosperity.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
26-04-2012, 06:16 AM
In order for an electrician to make 100 grand he would have to work 12 hours a day every day all year in the northern states where the rate is above $35 an hour. I know because I have come close to doing this myself.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2012, 07:11 AM
(26-04-2012 06:16 AM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  In order for an electrician to make 100 grand he would have to work 12 hours a day every day all year in the northern states where the rate is above $35 an hour. I know because I have come close to doing this myself.

I guess it depends on one's speciality. A residential electrician is somewhere like that. Some of the more exotic types, like a free bonding lineman who does high tension repair work will make at or beyond that level I listed for a days work. They earn it, of course. Landing on a live line charged at 420,000 volts, you only get one mistake......

Bottom line, in any profession, if you want to make a lot of cash, expect to work your butt off. Easy money is a fantasy.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
26-04-2012, 02:52 PM
(26-04-2012 07:11 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Bottom line, in any profession, if you want to make a lot of cash, expect to work your butt off. Easy money is a fantasy.
How hard you work isn't entirely true... I've had to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week, saw the paycheck and said "wow, this isn't half what I made 10 years ago for a 40 hour work week" For that matter, if I had any paying consistent clients, I'd make more in 10 hours (did the math, 11.4) than I do in 40--and it'd be a lot easier.

Saying "skilled" work is more accurate than "working hard".
26-04-2012, 03:18 PM
Journalism, huh?
There seems to be a lot of art, psychology, science, some history and through most of the things listed, one learns language arts.

Guess somebody is needing the slaves to stop being so uppity.

______________ Puppetry? I misread.
I thought it said puberty. Blink

But, I don't see reading comprehension on the list... meh, fuck puppets. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
26-04-2012, 03:34 PM
I heard History was on it... shit! (I chose History for GCSE)

[Image: boston-terrier-gets-scared.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The U.S. Electoral College: A travesty of democracy cufflink 26 1,145 11-10-2012 12:24 AM
Last Post: LadyJane
  Conservapedia - "real" America. reverendjeremiah 4 401 04-05-2012 06:49 PM
Last Post: ClydeLee
  Understanding Conservapedia reverendjeremiah 2 381 04-05-2012 08:32 AM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  Conservapedia applauds oil speculators... reverendjeremiah 5 460 04-05-2012 07:58 AM
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Conservapedia:Your mother will not love you if... reverendjeremiah 5 479 16-04-2012 08:43 PM
Last Post: Erxomai
  American college system (vs. Norwegian) helland 3 481 08-05-2011 03:40 AM
Last Post: helland