Conservapedia: [no citation needed]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Conservapedia: [no citation needed]
[Found in the "Reference" sections of Conservapedia pages.]

This page is proudly free from citations

To insist on finding a reference elsewhere for every statement made, as Wikipedia does, is to be a slave to hearsay. The authors of this page have enough confidence in their own insight not to lean on the opinions and assertions of others.
http://conservapedia.com/Stolen_concept#References

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes reverendjeremiah's post
14-05-2012, 06:11 AM
RE: Conservapedia: [no citation needed]
See, it's things like this that convince me that it is a satire site, or just a major troll site.

I refuse to believe that anyone can be this stupid.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
14-05-2012, 07:42 AM
what? it's supposed to be a serious site? I always thought it was like uncyclopedia or encyclopedia dramatica Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
14-05-2012, 12:00 PM
I have said it once and I say it again: Andy Sclafly (the site owner) is DEAD SERIOUS about what he writes on that site every time he writes ANYTHING on his site. Do not think him a jokester or a prankster, he means what he says and says what he means on that sight. He honestly believes that by refusing references on your work makes your work immune to hearsay. He honestly believes that uf you are conservative enough that you will type down what is correct and logical merely through what he calls "conservative insight" (http://conservapedia.com/Conservative_insights )
-
I personally think the mans brain is scrambled, because he is basically saying that you can avoid hearsay by allowing people to make articles without references. ...and....at the same time demanding references makes someone a slave to hearsay just blows my fucking mind. Its almost like he doesnt even realize he is contradicting himself, but he is not a dumb man. He has actual college degrees in law and engineering.
-
Andy is a strict authoritarian. All that matters to him is that everything around he be bent according to his will. He doesnt care about being consistant, or logical. He doesnt care that reference are what you use to prevent hearsay. He doesnt have any time for you to bring up how he has contradicted himself in the past. All he cares about is that you do what he says. Andy considers himself the voice of conservatism. So much so that this entire website is his focus on trying to take the reigns on the con movement... he has claimed words and definitions in the name of the conservative movement:
-
http://conservapedia.com/Essay:Best_New_...tive_Words
Did you know that "alcoholism" wasnt known about until 1860 when a conserative invented the word? Did you know that altruism wasnt ever known about until a evangelical christian invented it in 1853? Did you know that altruism also disproves evolution? Did you know that the term "Best of the Public" was A term coined by Andy Schlafly (in 2009) to express the idea that one does not need liberal credentials that so-called "experts" have. Indeed, many great historical figures would have failed the liberal "expert" test...LOL, as always Andy's ego trumps everything on this site.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user