Conservative Cardinals Challenge the Pope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2016, 07:02 AM
Here's the story:

Quote:VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Four conservative Roman Catholic cardinals on Monday made a rare public challenge to Pope Francis over some of his teachings in a major document on the family, accusing him of sowing confusion on important moral issues.

Reuters

Isn't the pope supposed to be infallible?

From Wikipedia:
Over the centuries, papal claims of spiritual authority have been ever more firmly expressed, culminating in 1870 with the proclamation of the dogma of papal infallibility for rare occasions when the pope speaks ex cathedra—literally "from the chair (of Saint Peter)"—to issue a formal definition of faith or morals.

If their god picked the pope, and the pope speaks for god, and god can't be wrong and the pope can't be wrong...

Idiots.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
15-11-2016, 07:05 AM
He's only infallible when he sits on his thinking chair

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-11-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Conservative Cardinals Challenge the Pope
(15-11-2016 07:05 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He's only infallible when he sits on his thinking chair

The toilet?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
15-11-2016, 08:45 AM
I think the Cardinals are just mad because they didn't win the World Series this year.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Gawdzilla's post
15-11-2016, 09:06 AM
(15-11-2016 07:20 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 07:05 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  He's only infallible when he sits on his thinking chair

The toilet?

Well he is full of shit...

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
15-11-2016, 02:21 PM
So if there is a thinking chair, does the Pope get chosen by a Sorting hat?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 2 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
15-11-2016, 02:52 PM
"The cardinals are Raymond Leo Burke, an American who was demoted from a senior Vatican position in 2014 and who has often criticized the pope, Germans Walter Brandmuller and Joachim Meisner, and Italian Carlo Caffarra.

In their letter, they officially asked the pope to take a stand on five "doubts" they have about some of the pronouncements in his document and declare whether those supersede rulings by previous popes."

Of *course* the idiot Burke is involved. I hope he gets *silenced* for this. He's just pissed as he's got nowhere to traipse around in his long *extra special* red dress and cape.

I doubt Francis will be bullied, or pushed around.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Ref OP

Oh, I do so enjoy it when these guys get a good snit on!

Nothing like dissention in the ranks to get a nice bit of chaos and change stoked up.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
15-11-2016, 03:17 PM
(15-11-2016 02:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "The cardinals are Raymond Leo Burke, an American who was demoted from a senior Vatican position in 2014 and who has often criticized the pope, Germans Walter Brandmuller and Joachim Meisner, and Italian Carlo Caffarra.

In their letter, they officially asked the pope to take a stand on five "doubts" they have about some of the pronouncements in his document and declare whether those supersede rulings by previous popes."

Of *course* the idiot Burke is involved. I hope he gets *silenced* for this. He's just pissed as he's got nowhere to traipse around in his long *extra special* red dress and cape.

I bet they're masturbating furiously over this at Suscipe Domine. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-11-2016, 04:37 PM
(15-11-2016 03:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-11-2016 02:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  "The cardinals are Raymond Leo Burke, an American who was demoted from a senior Vatican position in 2014 and who has often criticized the pope, Germans Walter Brandmuller and Joachim Meisner, and Italian Carlo Caffarra.

I bet they're masturbating furiously over this at Suscipe Domine. Thumbsup

Suscipe Dummy Knee.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post