Conservative Cardinals Challenge the Pope

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2016, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2016 10:15 AM by Leo.)
RE: Conservative Cardinals Challenge the Pope
I feel ashamed to say this but my sister is a hardcore freak Roman Catholic. She hates Pope Francis because my sister is very extremely conservative. The pope is infallible , so Catholics must accept everything he says about the church doctrine. My sister doesn't understand that she is a heretic. Disagreeing with the Pope about the church teaching isn't not allowed. In reality most Catholics are cafeteria Catholics. Man the Roman Catholic is a horse hit of epic proportions.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
18-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Technically only infallible if he invokes "Ex Cathedra", which has only happened twice, and both of those times were to declare infallible Marian doctrines.

Also SD never let me join; I never got the confirmation thing. I think it's because for the security question thing to prove you're human, I said the first pope was "Peter" and not "Saint Peter", thus showing I wasn't Traddier Than Thou.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2016, 04:47 PM
(18-11-2016 02:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Technically only infallible if he invokes "Ex Cathedra", which has only happened twice, and both of those times were to declare infallible Marian doctrines.

Also SD never let me join; I never got the confirmation thing. I think it's because for the security question thing to prove you're human, I said the first pope was "Peter" and not "Saint Peter", thus showing I wasn't Traddier Than Thou.

I think Tradyism out to have it's own classification (and ICD-10 number) in the list of neurotic disorders in the DSM Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_..._Disorders

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-11-2016, 08:43 PM
(18-11-2016 04:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(18-11-2016 02:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Technically only infallible if he invokes "Ex Cathedra", which has only happened twice, and both of those times were to declare infallible Marian doctrines.

I think Tradyism out to have it's own classification (and ICD-10 number) in the list of neurotic disorders in the DSM Tongue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diagnostic_..._Disorders
Despite the joking, I'd almost concur. Tongue One guy I know left Catholic Bronies because it wasn't Traditional enough...in a group that's always like "Screw that anti-Pope Francis and his liberal modernist ways".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Aren't there hundreds of cardinals? I would think if maybe they all got together they could challenge the Pope, he may be "infallible" when he speaks ex cathedra but he's not God and if they all agree that the Bible teaches something very clearly and God would agree with them then maybe they have a chance but it's only 4 of them? Uhhh yeah but actually no, you can't do that, he's the Pope whether you like it or not, I don't like any Pope at all but I gotta deal with it and so should you.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
18-11-2016, 09:53 PM
(18-11-2016 09:27 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Aren't there hundreds of cardinals? I would think if maybe they all got together they could challenge the Pope, he may be "infallible" when he speaks ex cathedra but he's not God and if they all agree that the Bible teaches something very clearly and God would agree with them then maybe they have a chance but it's only 4 of them? Uhhh yeah but actually no, you can't do that, he's the Pope whether you like it or not, I don't like any Pope at all but I gotta deal with it and so should you.

That's where it gets veeeerrry interesting. The college of cardinals, the curia, those guys collectively hold power that equals the pope, although it should not.

That's why the problems with the vatican banks haven't been solved, the pedophilia continues and the other abuses. "Popes come and go but the Curia stays", is how one person said it.

I've come to see the catholic church as a corporation. They get a new CEO every few years, but the entrenched management never really changes.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
18-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Quote: Four conservative Roman Catholic cardinals on Monday made a rare public challenge to Pope Francis over some of his teachings in a major document on the family, accusing him of sowing confusion on important moral issues.

Maybe if you stop butt-fucking children there will be less moral confusion.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
19-11-2016, 05:12 AM
(18-11-2016 11:06 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote: Four conservative Roman Catholic cardinals on Monday made a rare public challenge to Pope Francis over some of his teachings in a major document on the family, accusing him of sowing confusion on important moral issues.

Maybe if you stop butt-fucking children there will be less moral confusion.

Yeah, but that would require less butt-fucking of children, and that just won't do. They are Catholic Cardinals after all, butt-fucking children just comes with the territory.

One might as well be a Russian novelist without drinking problems and suicidal tendencies. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-11-2016, 06:13 AM
Given that the pope hasn't actually done anything, I don't see what they would be challenging...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post