Conservative Theory dies in Kansas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Conservative Theory dies in Kansas
Kansas bleeding

Can we stop pretending that Conservatives are fiscally responsible now?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-06-2017, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2017 05:17 PM by Heath_Tierney.)
RE: Conservative Theory dies in Kansas
(07-06-2017 04:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Kansas bleeding

Kansas has been a basketcase since their governor went full-blown supply-side economics. It never worked in the past, it doesn't work now, and it won't work in the future.

This is from 2014: A ‘cautionary tale’ in Brownback’s failed Kansas experiment

From March 2016: The Republican Party Must Answer for What It Did to Kansas and Louisiana

Interestingly, the fellow who was Ronald Reagain's wunderkind in his White House that basically came up with the failed supply-side theory, David Stockman, distanced himself from the theory years ago when he wrote, The Triumph of Politics: Why the Reagan Revolution Failed. It was published in 1986.

*edit to add*

It seems that it's pretty much the current crop of conservatives that have a hard time balancing the books. Here in Ontario Canada, we had a fiscally conservative premier, Bill Davis, who was the longest serving premier in the country. It didn't hurt that he was also socially progressive, hence the name of the party, the Progressive Conservatives. But that was a long time ago.

I certainly didn't agree with everything he did - I think the full funding of Catholic schools was a bad idea (and it's currently being challenged in court) - but, on the whole, he managed things pretty well.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
07-06-2017, 05:22 PM
But they (majority Kentuckians) will STILL vote republican.

[Image: 350px-Kentucky_Presidential_Election_Res...16.svg.png]

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
07-06-2017, 07:28 PM
There is no answer for stupid, man. They are simply inbred idiots.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
07-06-2017, 07:35 PM
It's about fucking time. Brownback needs to go, and soon. I hope he takes the job with Trump's administration and gets out of Kansas. Not that I would wish him on the rest of the country, but it's not like he's gonna be any worse there than anyone else Trump has appointed.

You know it's bad when Kansas republicans tell you to fuck off with your conservative agenda...

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-06-2017, 08:03 PM
(07-06-2017 04:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Kansas bleeding

Well, if the last 50 years have given any indication, the blinders are pretense is still up full force.