Conservatpedia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2011, 12:37 PM

RE: Conservatpedia
Is it just me, or has the disrespect and treatment of liberal by conservatives gotten way out of hand in the past 2 years? I frequent some forums dominated by conservatives and I have seen that pic (above - of the liberal brain) posted many times. I've also heard many of the conservatives (the more extreme ones- really) lumping all conservatives into a single extreme group of their own and claiming that they have some sort of mental disability. WTF is up with that? Redneck racists religious hicks annoy the hell out of me.

Oh, Colbert is total satire. He acts like a right wing extremist in order to point out how dumb they really are. Funny thing is, some conservatives go on his show thinking they're on his side. Ron Paul was on last night supported a conversion away from paper money and back towards the gold standard. He's kinda like the landoverbaptist.org folks.
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:Funny thing is, some conservatives go on his show thinking they're on his side.

I think most people go on for the free publicity and the opportunity to push their view, even if it's a satirical show. Everyone knows what Colbert is about and the people who show up on his show are not stupid. They come on because it benefits them too.

Oh, and I love Ron Paul. His son bothers me but I've got a lot of time for Ron.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM

(06-01-2011 11:02 AM)BnW Wrote:  
Quote:Funny thing is, some conservatives go on his show thinking they're on his side.

I think most people go on for the free publicity and the opportunity to push their view, even if it's a satirical show. Everyone knows what Colbert is about and the people who show up on his show are not stupid. They come on because it benefits them too.

Oh, and I love Ron Paul. His son bothers me but I've got a lot of time for Ron.

Maybe not people who come on his show, but there definitely are viewers out there who believe him to be a conservative-

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/05/09/conser...t-colbert/

And for Ron Paul, I do find his advocation for switching back to gold to be a bit odd.
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2011, 07:44 PM
What I like about Paul is he's willing to make the classic political blunder: say what he really means. And, he does it all the time. I've a lot of respect for people who will stand by their convictions in the face of adversity, even if I don't necessarily agree with their position. I've a similar feeling about Ralph Nader. There are things he comes up with that I disagree with but I've respect for him and his integrity.

As for Ron Paul, is basic position is that government has no business being involved in certain things, spending tax payer money on those things, and using monetary policy as a tool that favors certain groups (usually the rich). Going back to the gold standard solves some of those issues. It creates other issues as well, but I think the point here is, whether or not I agree with some of his specific proposals, I like what he basically stands for. And, to this point I've not found him to be a hypocrite (unlike his son).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply