Considering becoming a model builder again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Considering becoming a model builder again.
Hey guys.
As you know I spend 90% of my time alone annoying you poor devils. So I have been thinking about building models again. I've not built one since the 90's when my back recovered and I turned back to my musical career. But I basically have boxes of models stacked away.

Some may have seen a few of the photos of some I built back then. Such as these.

[Image: file_41.jpg]

[Image: File11.jpg]

[Image: image_11.jpg]

[Image: image_21.jpg]

What do you think? Perhaps I could sell the builds on Ebay?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Considering becoming a model builder again.
(03-12-2015 12:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.
As you know I spend 90% of my time alone annoying you poor devils. So I have been thinking about building models again. I've not built one since the 90's when my back recovered and I turned back to my musical career. But I basically have boxes of models stacked away.

Some may have seen a few of the photos of some I built back then. Such as these.

Those are great Banjo! I find that hobbies are very soothing and relaxing. I used to love making model ships like the ones from the late 18th and 19th century. I would spend hours working on the cannons and sails. I just loved it. I also used to do old car model making from kits.

Yeah, I think you could sell them on Ebay.

I wonder if younger kids do model making anymore.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
03-12-2015, 01:17 AM
(03-12-2015 12:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 12:22 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.

Those are great Banjo! I find that hobbies are very soothing and relaxing. I used to love making model ships like the ones from the late 18th and 19th century. I would spend hours working on the cannons and sails. I just loved it. I also used to do old car model making from kits.

Yeah, I think you could sell them on Ebay.

I wonder if younger kids do model making anymore.

Thanks Dances.

I have been having trouble with writing. Perhaps the painting could help me regain control. I'd need to build something easy first I think. I used to do what they call Super detailing. That may be out of the question now. I dunno....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
03-12-2015, 04:55 AM
Great models! I always like the models of military stuff that have a genuine "in service" look rather than a clean, shiny kit look. I used to build model boats, but have kinda lost interest as I've aged. Dunno why. My last build (long gone) was a 36" R/C model of a Fairey 28 Huntsman, powered by a 10cc marinised glo-plug plane engine.

It'd be great relaxation if you got back into modelling, that's if you do decide to give it a try again.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
03-12-2015, 05:12 AM
(03-12-2015 04:55 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Great models! I always like the models of military stuff that have a genuine "in service" look rather than a clean, shiny kit look. I used to build model boats, but have kinda lost interest as I've aged. Dunno why. My last build (long gone) was a 36" R/C model of a Fairey 28 Huntsman, powered by a 10cc marinised glo-plug plane engine.

It'd be great relaxation if you got back into modelling, that's if you do decide to give it a try again.

Nice!

I am just so bored and own so many unmade models. Plus it may help me control my writing.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 06:49 AM
(03-12-2015 05:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am just so bored and own so many unmade models. Plus it may help me control my writing.

If you enjoy it then go for it. Having something to focus your thoughts on will be good. Just don't stop posting!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-12-2015, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 07:35 AM by Banjo.)
(03-12-2015 06:49 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 05:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I am just so bored and own so many unmade models. Plus it may help me control my writing.

If you enjoy it then go for it. Having something to focus your thoughts on will be good. Just don't stop posting!

Thanks man. I am considering beginning a thread on aerial warfare. I've been reading about it all my life. The third book I read was a history of the battle of Britain. Do you reckon anyone'd be interested?

I used to read every account I could find, personal diaries, unit diaries. I especially know a LOT about the Luftwaffe. I own a unit diary from JG26 and books on various units, both axis and allied.

Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 07:00 AM
(03-12-2015 06:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Thanks man. I am considering beginning a thread on aerial warfare. I've been reading about it all my life. The third book I read was a history of the battle of Britain. Do you reckon anyone'd be interested?

I used to read every account I could find, personal diaries, unit diaries. I especially know a LOT about the Luftwaffe. I own a unit diary from JG16 and books on various units, both axis and allied.

I think you'd find interest. If not, fuck 'em and post what you want to anyway.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-12-2015, 07:05 AM
(03-12-2015 07:00 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I think you'd find interest. If not, fuck 'em and post what you want to anyway.

Ha okay. It'll give me something to do as I plan a work area for building. I need special lights, a desk etc. I don't even know if my generator still works to power my airbrush. Oh shit, I'll need a new more modern airbrush.

This will cost me a lot of dinners. It must be done correctly and with care. Like drumming and martial arts. Wink

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 07:21 AM
(03-12-2015 05:12 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(03-12-2015 04:55 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Great models! I always like the models of military stuff that have a genuine "in service" look rather than a clean, shiny kit look. I used to build model boats, but have kinda lost interest as I've aged. Dunno why. My last build (long gone) was a 36" R/C model of a Fairey 28 Huntsman, powered by a 10cc marinised glo-plug plane engine.

Nice!

I am just so bored and own so many unmade models. Plus it may help me control my writing.

Those are really well-done builds. Thumbsup
And the photos are superb.

Some of your kits may be worth more in-the-box than built, especially if they've been discontinued. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post